Guise of the Wolf Dev Takes Down Negative YouTube Review - Update 2

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Vukith said:
Fox12 said:
If your going to pull EA level bullshit, you should probably have EA level money. Goodbye Maker Studios, I have a feeling that you won't be here very long.
Not quite sure why your saying goodbye maker studios. Maker studios owns polaris (the channel network Tb is part of) If anything it will be their lawyers suing FunCreators the Makers of the the guise of the wolf game.
Got their names mixed up : P

Anyway, it's always sad to see developers behave this way. The threatening attitude of everyone involved is rather disappointing.

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
This confuses me, they claim to know all about the Day One: Garry's Incident... incident..
But then they went and did this, like.. are they complete idiots? If they know how this went down last time someone tried it, then logically it should be a pretty easy choice to not try it again right.. am I missing something here?

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
I honestly can't decide whether the people at FUN Creators are high, or just incredibly, unbelievably dumb.

Totalbiscuit is one of the most outspoken people when it comes to online copyright law and how it is often abused, and he tends to make his argument by citing actual existing laws. He's probably the worst person you could try to pull this copyright-troll bullying act on. And when you get down to it, FUN has no leg to stand on. They have filed a wrongful copyright claim against a video that is very clearly protected under fair use, and then they went and devolved into making legal threats against both Totalbiscuit himself and his livelihood.

I hope they keep doubling-down. I really, truly do. They've gone and stuck their dicks into a meat-grinder, I hope they don't get to just back out again before TB, Polaris and co get the chance to crank the handle a few times. Can't stand copyright-trolls.

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
CaptainMarvelous said:
I am somewhat baffled by the last part of that 'Final Warning'. "Don't bother retweeting this as we will say it's fake and sue you" so now, if they do claim it's fake and sue him, he has written fucking evidence that is isn't as they do exactly what they said they would. Seriously, the hell?
Well in theory, the idea is "You have no proof it's real", as in, a he said she said situation. Who do you believe more? In fact, under normal circumstances I'd say that an email that poorly worded HAD to be a fake, there is no way they would have sent something that ridiculous. But then again, I've seen their Twitter feed...

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
AzrealMaximillion said:
Cecilo said:
To everyone that seems to think TB is saving up for some massive rant video, I am not so sure he is.

When the Garry's Incident devs did this, he had it ready the same day, or a day after, I forget. For this one he seems to be letting Polaris handle it. I wonder if something has him spooked.
I think TB doesn't need to make a response video that'd just be the same thing as the Garry's Indecent video. He said on Twitter that his lawyers are going to handle it. There's no need to make a response video at this point. TB has 1.5 million YouTube subs, they know what's up. This will for sure be a discussion on the next "Address the Sess" though since TB is a regular guest.

OT: Reading the back and forth and TB's twitter is hilarious. As soon as he brought up the fact that his lawyers were looking into this FUN Creators publicly begged him not to sue.
That'd prettymuch be my take. FUN basically already threw down their gauntlet about not yielding on their BS, and prepping your own court strategy against the idiots trying to drag you into a courtroom is a bit more pressing then putting up a video (essentialy a rerun of the Day 1 one) for the court of public opinion. While this is probably an open and shut case in any court not experiencing a live gas leak, there's still irritating prep work involving copies of relevant documents and the like to prepare.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Do we know that this is actually FUN responding? I could easily see this turning out to be some trolls out to ruin an indie game company, and TB's reputation, as if it turns out that it isn't FUN doing this TB would be receiving a lot of the blame. People are already latching onto the idea that he does a lot of the stuff he does for drama, I could totally see this being some asshole's attempt at taking TB down a peg.

This isn't likely of course, most likely it is FUN Studios themselves doing this, in which case I can only ask what the fuck they're smoking to make themselves this delusional, or if they're even old enough to hire lawyers, and if it's the former where can I get some.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
waj9876 said:
Do we know that this is actually FUN responding?
Yes, that or all their accounts were hijacked and their website compromised, and the people themselves unable to send any kind of message about the situation.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
ive been following the story a lil bit more, im convinced those devs are all children, they showed this thread as "proof" they are totally not like that bro

http://steamcommunity.com/app/259640/discussions/0/558746089682249264/

also they added a "TB's Fans Hub" section to their steam forums, as i said, children

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
direkiller said:
Revolutionary said:
Shouldn't asshole shitty devs know better than to screw with TB at this point.
Also shouldn't a PR email handler know that "Our Company is a lot bigger then your little youtube channel." is not only obnoxious, but also grammatically incorrect?
It's Than not then you goddamn morons.
It also sounds exactly like the fight Ocean Marketing had with penny arcade, and that turned out so well for them.

I have a feeling within a week Merge games will drop them and this game will be lost to the dark recesses of the internet.
Joking aside what did happen to ocean marketing.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
IceStar100 said:
direkiller said:
Revolutionary said:
Shouldn't asshole shitty devs know better than to screw with TB at this point.
Also shouldn't a PR email handler know that "Our Company is a lot bigger then your little youtube channel." is not only obnoxious, but also grammatically incorrect?
It's Than not then you goddamn morons.
It also sounds exactly like the fight Ocean Marketing had with penny arcade, and that turned out so well for them.

I have a feeling within a week Merge games will drop them and this game will be lost to the dark recesses of the internet.
Joking aside what did happen to ocean marketing.
they do strictly web design now rather then full PR
so I guess he has figured out how to wwebsite on the internet by now.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Caiphus said:
OT: It's amazing how incompetent this company is. Just truly. Incompetent, rude and dangerously close to fraudulent (although the Steam page for the game does falsely advertise; there is no stealth system in the game.)
Actually there is a stealth system in the game as shown (ironically) by TB's WTF video.

It's just that it's completely broken as the rest of the game.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
So perhaps I'm simply ignorant, but isn't TB and his associates based out of the US? Google owns YouTube and is based out of the US. So why are they threatening to send lawyers to the UK? The e-mail is just so poorly written and factually incorrect it has to be a fake... right?

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I've been quietly following this story for a few days now, but after the latest developments I simply have to speak up.

Ho-lee hell. Are these idiots for real? Seriously?

I don't think I've ever seen a company handle a PR situation like this in such an incomprehensibly bone-headed manner. It's like they're deliberately trying to do everything possible to torpedo any shred of credibility they might have had.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
NuclearKangaroo said:
ive been following the story a lil bit more, im convinced those devs are all children, they showed this thread as "proof" they are totally not like that bro

also they added a "TB's Fans Hub" section to their steam forums, as i said, children
After reading that link I was left scratching my head. What they said doesn't match the current situation. It sounded like "Who cares if he didn't like it, we'll improve it and make it better" but in truth they went along with that plan. I can't see how anyone could suggest such a measure (that poster) As if by removing TB from the web will make the world safe for crappy games! If not TB, then someone else. If a game sucks people spread the word, same way if it's a good game. If they had held true to that statement of working hard to make the game better none of this would have unfolded.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Okay, that last message has to be a fake from some troll. I mean, seriously. Unless Fun Creators is actually a bunch of fifteen years old kids, there is no way in hell ANYONE would write an official letter that stupid, especially not to TB.

[Edit:] I just checked out the address they sent the mail from, and holy shit, it really is their contact address...
Now there are only two options: It's either a really resourceful troll who somehow managed to get hold of a copy of that address or they really did send that insanely juvenile "warning"... I don't know which one would result in losing less faith in humanity... -.-'

Nihlus2

Feb 8, 2011
MrPhyntch said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
I am somewhat baffled by the last part of that 'Final Warning'. "Don't bother retweeting this as we will say it's fake and sue you" so now, if they do claim it's fake and sue him, he has written fucking evidence that is isn't as they do exactly what they said they would. Seriously, the hell?
Well in theory, the idea is "You have no proof it's real", as in, a he said she said situation. Who do you believe more? In fact, under normal circumstances I'd say that an email that poorly worded HAD to be a fake, there is no way they would have sent something that ridiculous. But then again, I've seen their Twitter feed...
Here's the thing about the whole "You have no proof it's real" / "It is photoshopped/manipulated" that makes this so absurd: TB has already had his PR guy release a video showing the header info of the email; that is the raw form they received the email in. And even though I'm not that heavily experienced in code; it seems to me like rather concrete proof, that it originated from FUN Creators.

So yeah? It appears that this is real. Which is even more disturbing on a lot of levels.

Meinos Kaen

Jun 17, 2009
Okay. Important things first.

Ilagrok, Tom_Green_Day, no matter how much you dislike TB, hoping that the devs win this is nothing short of myopic and ignorant.

On the matter, jesus. Christ. I mean, these guys found the bottom but they just keep digging. From Copyright Strykes to Threatening to bad grammar to more threats. They really, really don't know how PR works... Or how a brain works. I doubt they have a functioning one between themselves.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Arawn said:
NuclearKangaroo said:

After reading that link I was left scratching my head. What they said doesn't match the current situation. It sounded like "Who cares if he didn't like it, we'll improve it and make it better" but in truth they went along with that plan. I can't see how anyone could suggest such a measure (that poster) As if by removing TB from the web will make the world safe for crappy games! If not TB, then someone else. If a game sucks people spread the word, same way if it's a good game. If they had held true to that statement of working hard to make the game better none of this would have unfolded.
super duper twist ending:

they are clearly lying, the "person" who proposed the idea is a private, clearly new account, the whole thing was probably staged by the devs in a pathetic attempt to claim innocence

not to mention the OP in that thread is so wildly stupid theres no way any rational human being can consider it legitimate

Considering that TotalBiscuit's(TB) disparaging first impressions of your game is spreading negative PR...
"disparaging" the game is clearly trash, it probably got more spotlight via TB's video than it wouldve gotten otherwise, hell it might have gotten some people to buy the game on account of it being so bad, like big rigs, but now knowing the dev is a douchebag i doubt this game or any future game of theirs is going to sell at all

The devs of the game "Day One Garry's Incident" also faced a similar situation but they found an ingenious method to take down his video impressions of their game and bring his channel one step closer to a total shutdown.They filed a copyright claim with youtube though its automated process which resulted in the video being taken off quickly and a strike record on his channel(3 strikes and you are out).The reason they gave is that TB had no right to be making money of their IP which is a totally valid reason you can use too.
so many wrong things here, first of all hes defending the devs of garry's incident, if this person somehow likes both garry's incident and guise of the wolf, he must be the human being with the worst taste in the world, second hes arguing garry's incident's devs claim was legitimate, when in fact, it was not, and TB had plenty of proof about it

So please for the sake of your game and future devs who wish to follow in your footsteps,I urge you to file a copyright claim on youtube against his video of your game using the reason stated above.
"future devs who wish to follow in your footsteps", they didnt even fucking try to hide the fact this is the devs themselves

the whole scenario is so insanely stupid, id be inclined to believe these guys are trolling