Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
windlenot said:
... I still don't even know why. Where's their motivation?
They want linux on their PS3's again so they can hack them again and still have the ability to play online

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Screw over Sony, whatever. However, you're also screwing over customers. I don't care how much you hate Sony, I do care that I'll be affected by your stupid ploy for stupid revenge over not being able to install custom OS's. Go bugger someone else.
This is all about a custom OS?? FOR FUCK SAKE! GO GET A FUCKING PC IF YOU WANT A CUSTOM OS! Like fuck, consoles are proprietary, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. That's the reason I don't play on console, rather have the freedom of a PC. Honestly, pretty fucking stupid people these hackers, aren't they?

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
I don't know about anyone else, but this reeks of trolling to me. First of all, the names(LulzSec?, Sownage?, really?), and why would they post their plans online at this point and not any other?. I'm also copious about them saying they've already succeeded and Sony just didn't notice.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Pariah164 said:
Haseo21 said:
Im thinking 4chan civil war. The real Anonymous is gonna take these LulzSec fuckers down!
I doubt it.
I...also doubt it. Very much so.

LulzSec said:
Sony fanboy logic: "All hacking is bad, unless you do it to Microsoft, then you're our heroes forever <3 x <3 x <3"
Well, I can't disagree with that. I have a PS3 and X360, but...I really wouldn't care if Microsoft got hacked. I care that Sony is, though. >.> <.<

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
WOPR said:
windlenot said:
They want linux on their PS3's again so they can hack them again and still have the ability to play online
So the thing to get it back is make Sony lose millions and millions of dollars?

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Voodoo_Person said:
Kopikatsu said:
Voodoo_Person said:
Well, this should be interesting...being a ps3 owner im intrigued to see how well Sonys new firewalls deal with this apparent 'attack' cant help feeling that it might just be a blatant attempt at causing panic through talk though.
According to LulzSec, they've already been successful, just that it's slow going. (If they're telling the truth, I imagine that the firewalls is why.)

Hate to be a broken record, but the 'If it's online, it can be hacked regardless of security' thing is...well...true. If someone wants something badly enough, they will get it.

I wonder what they could POSSIBLY take from Sony, though. What do they even have left?
Like a lot of people have said, i really dont get what they expect to achieve, its just pointless
Some people just want to watch the world(or in this case Sony) burn.

OT: I'm glad the only Sony product I have is a PS2....

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
TheAngryMonkey said:
I guess one thing we know, English isn't their first language.

That's Ingreish, they are speaking.

"All Your Base Are Belong To LULZSEC."
It's a old joke about a game called Zero Wing where the line was "All your base are belong to us".

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
etherlance said:
Enjoy your little hissy fit Lulzsec I'm sure you won't regret your decisions when the companies you attack manage to find a way to trace the attacks back to you and you have cops busting down your door.
Yeah, they're goin to backtrace it and then they will alarm the cyber police and the state police!
Consequences will never be the same!

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
hardband said:
God damn hackers, can't they just leave sony alone, instead of harming them and their customers. Bloody hell iv'e had just bout enough of hackers and sony.
I will admit, I find this all slightly funny on a personal level (everyone with a PS3 telling me I sucked for getting an Xbox and blah blah blah Sony master race blah blah xbox suck blah blah jerks off to their console... then it gets hacked and they "don't want to talk about it")

I just find that part hilarious

as for the actual situation and not my personal "hahas!" yeah this is really wrong and something needs to be done about it... soon... and quickly... oh here's an idea, how about getting some actual computer nerds to work against the anon computer nerds..? because I somewhat doubt that you have uber nerds when you transfer my call to you "head of employees" and they're talking with a southern accent and have no clue how to understand the phrase "THE BUTTON ISN'T APPEARING ON THE SCREEN AT ALL, AND YES THE AV CABLES ARE PLUGGED IN!"

...oh wait that was my experience with nintendo... and they asked what AV cables were *shudders*

either way, this needs to get done and over with, and the less time people spend pointing fingers the faster we'll have a solution (in my opinion)

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Versuvius said:
smudgey said:
The former US president started two wars, killing hundreds of thousands of people. BP leaked countless barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Dictators in the middle east fire on their own people..... and these guys attack an entertainment company. Way to unleash some social justice.
BP didnt. The guys who they contracted to build the rigs did. Its like blaming you if a contractor installed a new boiler, which blew up.
I remember the big deal was BP knew about the rigs having problems but did nothing about it.

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
Ok.. so their after the music now?

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
You Sony morons realize we've never attacked any of your precious gaming, right? Do you know Sony does this thing called "music" too?

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
windlenot said:
WOPR said:
windlenot said:
Pretty much, they're using underhanded arguments like "We want to be able to instal linux, a selling point you originally made for the PS3" **doesn't mention that with linux PS3's you can easily pirate games** "And we want to be able to have full online access with the modded PS3's" **translation, we want to play our pirated games online as well**

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
badreaper74 said:
Sure they can if they are in the good old U S of A. Mr. Obama recently extended the Patriot Act. This basically states that if the government decides that if your action are an act of terrorism, and it wouldn't be hard to stretch these events to make it look like that, you don't have any rights. They have a green light to ship you off to who knows where for as long as they want without any sort of trail or proof. Just some food for thought
Never thought I'd say that, but... good. Very good. I say do it. It would shut these jackasses up if they knew the price for pulling this kind of bullshit is a one-way ticket to Gitmo.

Ugh, do you see what you're doing, you hacker jackasses? You're making me actually CHEER for Gitmo, just to make an example out of you! WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!

Jammy2003

Feb 28, 2011
WOPR said:
windlenot said:
WOPR said:
windlenot said:
Pretty much, they're using underhanded arguments like "We want to be able to instal linux, a selling point you originally made for the PS3" **doesn't mention that with linux PS3's you can easily pirate games** "And we want to be able to have full online access with the modded PS3's" **translation, we want to play our pirated games online as well**
While I don't agree with piracy, they kind of have a point on the Linux thing. If it was sold with the capability to do something and you bought it for that, they shouldn't be allowed to just pull it as they changed their minds. Make it work so it wont allow that, or better yet, do that in the first place.

Not that this excuses these hackers at all, being utter sods, however i don't quite understand the rage level of "Yeah, they are terrorists! Burn them! And their families! Torture is too good for these guys!"

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Jammy2003 said:
WOPR said:
windlenot said:
WOPR said:
windlenot said:
While I don't agree with piracy, they kind of have a point on the Linux thing. If it was sold with the capability to do something and you bought it for that, they shouldn't be allowed to just pull it as they changed their minds. Make it work so it wont allow that, or better yet, do that in the first place.

Not that this excuses these hackers at all, being utter sods, however i don't quite understand the rage level of "Yeah, they are terrorists! Burn them! And their families! Torture is too good for these guys!"
They actually kind of are cyber terrorists. (Yes, there is such a thing).

Countries tend to do very not-nice things to terrorists, too. That's just kind of the deal with all that.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Jammy2003 said:
I save THAT rant for the top 2% of this country :p

yuniesan

Dec 24, 2010
Nice to know that they really want to go to prison
They do know the FBI is after them now right

a terrorist is a terrorist no matter what form they are

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
yuniesan said:
Nice to know that they really want to go to prison
They do know the FBI is after them now right

a terrorist is a terrorist no matter what form they are
They've...er...already hacked the FBI before. And they're still kind of 'in business'. They're planning on hacking the FBI again, actually...on Friday, I think. LulzSec is calling it 'Fuck FBI Friday'

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
They say they're stealing information, but from all this combined Sony hacking I've yet to hear of one person claiming their identity stolen or their credit cards used.

Edit: I still hope they goto prison for a very long time.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
well I dont think its much of an argument that these are terrorists. Using fear and threats to push your agenda is the definition of one, exactly what they are doing.

For one this wont kill sony, this will kill the Playstation. Sony has tons of other hardware it sells. What you are hurting are gamers and people that work in Sony's gaming divisions.

Also hackers, do you think the government is going to just stand by if this continues? There is a difference between hard to trace, and untraceable. Eventually someone is going to realize "screw firewalls, we'll just focus on backhacking you, tracing your true IP, and come to your house." Not to mention forced restrictions on services like twitter, websites with potential affiliations.

This is exactly the reason people use hacker as a synonym for criminal and all they are doing is proving them right.