Hacker Group: "This is the beginning of the end for Sony", promises more hacks soon

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
ChildofGallifrey said:
And I definitely agree with what you said about putting your name down on everything. For the sake of security, I'm willing to let my identity be known (hell, I don't hide it as it is. I have my real name and a picture of me on my profile as it is).
Most people were up in arms about it (Read: Lighting torches and gathering pitchforks), but if you have a Facebook/Myspace or something similar, your information is already out there.

Anyway, I've posted it a few times on this thread alone, but here is their Twitter feed so you can see the crap they do for yourself: http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

They're really proud of the PBS thing for some reason.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/29/pbs-hacked-in-retrib.html Reaaaaally proud.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
And this is why I hate all hackers. No one with this much power seems to want to use this power for good. They only want to use it for evil and selfishness. And Anonymous ?s cult of cyber terrorists and hacktivists has done little to change my mind.

Damn kids, I feel like an old man. ?Get off mah lawn!?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Hopefully all of this can hopefully be turned into a security lesson for a lot of businesses out there now.

They need to get the hackers of course, but Sony should want to prevent this as well.

It's like locking a car. Even though the car thieves need to be punished, you still don't want to have to deal with the trouble in the first place.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
ChildofGallifrey said:
Hey, at least they decided to announce it on Twitter, one of the most publicly monitored sites in existence. I'm sure Homeland Security is thanking you pricks for making their job that much easier!
It's times like these where the 'force people to put their name and address next to everything they post to stop people from being pricks' thing doesn't seem too awful of an idea.

Edit: They were also the ones who brought down Sony Greece.
That would end the internet as we know it.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Dear Hack Group,

Get your collective head out of your ass. Your harming your fellow gamers more than you are Sony and it's not cool! You're not revolutionaries, you're just a bunch of uptight pricks.
"fellow gamers"

Who says these are gamers? These are skilled hackers, and hacking IS their game.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
zehydra said:
Kopikatsu said:
ChildofGallifrey said:
Hey, at least they decided to announce it on Twitter, one of the most publicly monitored sites in existence. I'm sure Homeland Security is thanking you pricks for making their job that much easier!
It's times like these where the 'force people to put their name and address next to everything they post to stop people from being pricks' thing doesn't seem too awful of an idea.

Edit: They were also the ones who brought down Sony Greece.
That would end the internet as we know it.
How so? Social networking sites basically do just that.

Mxrz

Jul 12, 2010
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Apparently doubly so for the Japanese. At this rate, Sony will go Super Saiyan sometime next month.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
I do believe these may just be the greatest IRL and online trolls I've seen to date. Bravo folks, bravo, you've made half the internet rage.

Edit: It's also quite funny to watch every other post here fantasize on how to murder someone in the most gruesome ways. Classy, folks.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I fucking swear... I suggest anyone, ANYONE who runs into one of these fuckwits, to MERCILESSLY KILL THEM.
Do they even realize how many people would lose their jobs if Sony goes down? Can they even imagine how many? Just cause they're pissy bitches they think they can ruin the lives of so many people?
That is, assuming this is true. Lets hope that its not.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
I have a pony pic that fits this *perfectly*

But, out of respect for y'all, I won't subject you to it.

Killian Arias

May 30, 2011
Who gives two shits? They're probably just bluffing and it's not like sony was going to release anything worthwhile other than the NGP.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
I'm genuinely curious about why the hackers are doing this. What's the point; is it to say, "Yeah, we took out Sony"? It's not really a story you can safely tell later and look cool... I mean, it comes up years later in conversation, and it turns out that the person you're bragging to was one of the Sony lovers who ended up getting fucked over. You'd be dead shortly after, I imagine. People aren't just going to stop being angry about it.

This will probably get much worse before it gets any better, but it definitely can't end well for the hackers, whether they have their retarded victory or not.

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
ITT: lots and lots of angry ps3 owners.

also: It amazes me that console owners will still defend a company that sells you something and then tells you that you cannot modify it or you are no longer allowed to play it. I do not have ps3 nor am I a part of this group or really a supporter of it, but then I am not fond of being told what to do with my own property.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
I fucking swear... I suggest anyone, ANYONE who runs into one of these fuckwits, to MERCILESSLY KILL THEM.
Do they even realize how many people would lose their jobs if Sony goes down? Can they even imagine how many? Just cause they're pissy bitches they think they can ruin the lives of so many people?
While I agree that they are dickwads, even jokingly talking about murder over something like this is wrong.

These people are assbags, and deserve to have their skulls caved in and to beaten within an inch of their life- but thats as far as I'd go with it.

Anyways, people like this are not as smart as they think they are. They'll fuck up, and go to jail. For a long ass time. Where hopefully they'll spend every day getting brutally beaten to a pulp. Im a logical person, but people who try to just be assbags by stealing identitys, etc. deserve a daily beating to realize what they are doing isnt funny- its ruining peoples lives.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Uber Waddles said:
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
While I agree that they are dickwads, even jokingly talking about murder over something like this is wrong.

These people are assbags, and deserve to have their skulls caved in and to beaten within an inch of their life- but thats as far as I'd go with it.

Anyways, people like this are not as smart as they think they are. They'll fuck up, and go to jail. For a long ass time. Where hopefully they'll spend every day getting brutally beaten to a pulp. Im a logical person, but people who try to just be assbags by stealing identitys, etc. deserve a daily beating to realize what they are doing isnt funny- its ruining peoples lives.
Didn't really mean to actually murder. But there are other ways to "kill."
Destroy what they love most, steal their identities, hack them, get them fired, make them as hated as possible. Essentially kill em.

And yeah, beat them to hell. But gotta leave em (somewhat) alive for them to learn their lesson.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
I think that they realize that they're not getting anywhere with bombarding a corporation and deriving them of any service or profit to its customers, nor do I think they care.

Oh well, guess they're still angry about not being able to install linux.

yuniesan

Dec 24, 2010
Dear Hackers
Fuck off
come to where I live where people get shot just waking down the street
damn it leave my only escape alone

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
PlasmaFrog said:
I think that they realize that they're not getting anywhere with bombarding a corporation and deriving them of any service or profit to its customers, nor do I think they care.

Oh well, guess they're still angry about not being able to install linux.
That's what bugs me. Was Linux even that good?