HARDEST ACHIEVEMENT YOU EVER GOT.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
Either the Insanity achievement from Mass Effect 2 or the one where you rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival in L4D2 (done by myself no less).

Then there's the recently gained Heat in the Pipe achievement in Halo: Reach. Well...maybe that one wasn't hard so much as it was just grueling. I still can't believe I sat there for 4 hours, just me and my girlfriend, beating that.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
believer258 said:
Really? I never really tried for the skill points in the older Ratchet games, but that sounds very hard. To beat all those baddies with nought but a wrench and a stout heart - and a whole lot of patience.
I found many of the skill points rather fun, myself. Haven't played R&C past the first two, though.

Also, with the best armour and high health, I managed it on my first try. Attempting it without getting hit, now that's hard. Seriously, don't try this. You will regret it, I know I did, even though I succeeded (eventually).

Still, PCB Lunatic with no bombs is a good deal harder. Here are some videos of the game/difficulty in question, for reference.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
sp86 said:
Nouw said:
Probably something in Bad Company, Arkham Asylum or Castle Crashers.
If you got "I am Bad Company" you are a god among men.
Don't get your hopes up high xD. I'm trying to get all of them though, I don't have many friends to play it with >.>

sp86

Aug 17, 2009
Nouw said:
sp86 said:
Nouw said:
Probably something in Bad Company, Arkham Asylum or Castle Crashers.
If you got "I am Bad Company" you are a god among men.
Don't get your hopes up high xD. I'm trying to get all of them though, I don't have many friends to play it with >.>
If you need a hand drop me a message. I tried "No I in Squad" and got wasted 1 kill to go. Other than that, "I am Bad Company" proved too daunting to even consider, would be helpful to have someone like-minded helping out.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
If I can get the last 8, the answer will be "We need guns, lots of guns" for Fable 3.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
believer258 said:
Cogwheel said:
believer258 said:
Really? I never really tried for the skill points in the older Ratchet games, but that sounds very hard. To beat all those baddies with nought but a wrench and a stout heart - and a whole lot of patience.
I found many of the skill points rather fun, myself. Haven't played R&C past the first two, though.

Also, with the best armour and high health, I managed it on my first try. Attempting it without getting hit, now that's hard. Seriously, don't try this. You will regret it, I know I did, even though I succeeded (eventually).
I'd try, if I still had a PS2. I stupidly got rid of mine. If you really didn't try any of the Ratchets beyond the second one, you really have to - Deadlocked was more of a shooter, but still good. Up Your Arsenal and the PS3 ones are all awesome, though - anyone who liked it enough to get all the skill points will probably like the rest of them a lot, even though they are quite cartoony.
Oh no, I didn't get all the skill points. Not even close. Just a few that I felt like attempting. Still, I might get a few more of the games.

Except the PS3 ones. Only got a PS2, I'm afraid. Ah well.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
Beating the heroic version of halo reach, or hi-jacking a banshee in the campaign.
I'm not too good at achievement huntin'.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
100% on Red Dead Redemption. I don't remember it being particularly hard, but it took me about 3 STRAIGHT DAYS of playing it. Seriously, three 16 hour days or so. I didn't realize there was a quick travel feature until the last 4 hours of my playthrough. Oh, and fuck mountain lions.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
While it might not be the hardest really, the one that comes to mind is easily the most tedious is "Little Rocket Man" on the Orange Box, by far the worst work-to-points ratio ever.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
I'd possibly have to say the "One in a Million" achievement from Battlefield Bad Company; I suppose it would have been easy to get on multiplayer if I had friends to be kind enough to hover the helicopter for me, but most of them did't have BFBC; I managed to get it through some freak chance on the last mission against the Legionnaire's KA-50 and to this day I still have no idea how I managed to time it so perfectly. For those of you who've never played BFBC, the achievement in question involves hitting a helicopter with a laser-guided bomb... Tried it for hours on the previous level with no joy.

On the subject of helicopters, I am currently trying to down the 2 Mi-8 Hips with on Valkyrie for the "Double Whammy" on CoD Black Ops - any suggestions on how to make it physically doable? I've tried for about 45 minutes and never come close because they keep being total jerks and flying away as soon as one gets hit.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
shwnbob said:
5 and 7 Day Survivor from Dead Rising...
Yes these were pretty freakin' hard, yet I am still disappointed that there wasn't an achievement like that for DR2...

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Actually, scratch what I said earlier; getting all the agility orbs on Crackdown... ARGH! Still haven't managed to find all the hidden orbs...

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Getting the gnome through to the rocket base from the first level in HL2: EP2. Didn't help that I had the difficulty on hard, and that he kept falling out of the car. Even after I got the achievement, his eyes still haunt me to this very day. *shudders*