for movie = 1,n do
quality = quality - 1000
money = money*2
revenues = money - quality
Lucas == revenues
end

mazeut

May 9, 2009
They pretty much killed Indy in crystal skull, that movie was horrifyingly bad. If anyone should pass the whip its Lucus. Seriously, this merchandising over merit directing style makes me feel like my childhood keeps coming back to me to beg for change.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Indy doesn't need to die, he needs to ride off into the distance with his dad, Marcus and Sallah... It was the perfect ending to this fun-loving trilogy.

That was ofcourse before Lucas and Spielberg decided to deficate all over poor Indy and drag him into the spotlight for all the world to see. Now we're left with no other option than to put our favourite adventurer out of his misery, when we could've just left him to roam the fields of our imagination.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I don't give a shit, the Last Crusade was the last Indiana Jones movie if you ask me.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Another character he wants dead in association with the same director? Hurr...I can almost imagine Harrison Ford being planted in some kind of wall in George Lucases' basement while slowly murmoring: "Killllllll meeeeeeeeeee..." :D

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
There should have never been a fourth one. I don't want them to make another one, the last one was so bad it was the only time I ever seriously considered walking out of a movie.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I'd sooner Nathan Drake become our current media example of an adventurer and all around badass than Mutt from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The kid still looks and sounds as if his balls haven't dropped yet; no way on this Earth would I ever see him at this stage of his life as a replacement for Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

Fuck that with bells on.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
No.

No. No. No.

Shia LeBeouf is NOT Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford is. If Jones dies in the films, the franchise ends with his character. That is the way it should be.

Attempting to replace Indiana Jones with LeBeouf's shitty character is a nothing short of a crime.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
i dont agree with killing off a character such as this. main characters should only die in movies if they dont reach trilogy-length

itd be like killing off John McClane, or Rambo, Jack Sparrow, etc. it would just be incredibly disappointing for the viewers.

now, it wouldnt such a terrible idea for Indie to assume the role that his own father played in one of the previous films. accompanying Mutt on an adventure as more of a sideseat character.

but obviously, the best choice would just be for Harrison to be the actual star, the way he has been this whole time. Spielberg and Lucas have pissed off their consumers enough over the years. they DONT need to do it anymore

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I actually don't mind Shia LaBoeuf, he's not a bad actor (but he needs to age really), but he's not Indy and shouldn't star in the film. I really don't know what I would do, because IJatKotCS should never have been made. Retcon the damn thing.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Am I the only one here that actually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and doesn't mind Shia LaBeouf as an actor? He's certainly better than about 80% of the other people they could have cast.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
After Crystal Skull, I can't blame Ford for wanting Indy dead. I kind of do too.

This whole "Harrison Ford wanted to kill his character but George Lucas said no" thing is looking like a pattern now.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
George Lucas, I know that actually ending a franchise and not running it into the ground isn't a strong point of yours, but please end Indiana Jones while it was still on the whole pretty good.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
CJ1145 said:
Am I the only one here that actually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and doesn't mind Shia LaBeouf as an actor? He's certainly better than about 80% of the other people they could have cast.
I liked crystal skull, Shialabeouf not so.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Lucas is trying to squeeze every last penny from any franchise he'd been associated with. I'll give you 2 to 1 odds that this latest movie will involve aliens again, time traveling, or a teddy bear luau. Indiana Jones should've ended with Last Crusade, you simply can't top Harrison Ford and Sean Connery teaming up to kick Nazi ass.

And yeah, Han was supposed to die. Lucas practically rewrote the script to protect his toy sales. Check it out yourself. http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010...2-filmmakers-george-lucas-and-gary-kurtz-wer/

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
For.I.Am.Mad said:
But nobody likes Mutt. I like how this article reads by the way. 'Han was supposed to die(according to one douchebag so it must be true) but Lucas, being a greedy American capitalist, kept him alive.'
I think you might be projecting a little bit there.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I must be one of the few people on the planet who actually didn't mind Crystal Skull. But really, is it really necessary to kill off Indy (especially since he already appeared in a couple of cameos as an older guy in Young Indiana Jones)? Simply don't make any more movies. You can keep the character alive, Ford will be happy, and Lucas can go suck on a lemon.