Harrison Ford Apparently Jonesing to Kill Indy

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Alright, you'll all crucify me for this:

Shia LaBeouf is a good actor, and his inclusion in Crystal Skull didn't feel forced and I thought he was a strong addition.

BUT, I still don't think Indy should die.

CJ1145 said:
Am I the only one here that actually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and doesn't mind Shia LaBeouf as an actor? He's certainly better than about 80% of the other people they could have cast.
Just saw this after typing that out - I'll stick in the corner with you *raises pitchfork*.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
It would appear that my policy of avoiding anything made by Lucas is paying off...
I really can't blame Harrison for this. His character is now supposed to be immortal (thanks to the MacGuffin in Last Crusade), and has pretty much reached the peak of archeological coolness. I mean after you find a cup that grants immortality, what's left for you to explore? And I will personally crucify anybody who dares to claim that aliens is now the way to go.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Considering how I've never wanted to see The Crystal Skull a second time, and I've watched the previous Indy movies many dozens of times each, I'd rather they not do anything else with the series to debase it further. It wasn't a godawful movie, it just wasn't very good and I simply cannot stand Shia in any role he's been in. He might reinvent himself and become a more tolerable actor, but given that people seem to like to pay for the movies he's in, that might never happen.

I can see it now. 'Harrison Ford to Kill Indy!', 'Indy to Harrison Ford: Drop Dead!'

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Ekonk said:
I don't give a shit, the Last Crusade was the last Indiana Jones movie if you ask me.
But if I had to wager a guess, judging by your avatar, Raiders of the Lost Ark is your favorite, am I right?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
A question to those saying that Shia LeBouff should die... are we talking about him or his character? Because I could honestly go either way on that one. haha

OT: Honestly, I wish more franchises would decide to kill off their main character. It would allow the series to grow and add in fresher faces from time to time. I would miss Indie a bit, but think of how much stronger an impact the movie would have if Indie did bite the big one... and hopefully he takes his bastard son with him... and sends him to hell.

A 5th Indy movie? But there were only 3...
And this, I like. :D

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CJ1145 said:
Am I the only one here that actually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and doesn't mind Shia LaBeouf as an actor? He's certainly better than about 80% of the other people they could have cast.
Why did they cast him at all? All he was there for was to set up the eventual "passing on as the whip". A passing on which never needed to happen.

Why is Indy all old in the Crystal Skull anyway? Didn't he drink from the Holy Grail in Last Crusade?

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
FinalDream said:
LeBeouf as the star? There goes my ticket purchase and respect for the franchise.
I would concur with this but them butchering the last Indy movie already made me lose respect.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
I don't think he should die, but he should retire. That way the franchise gets to "move on" and at the same time its central character gets to stick around for cameos/plot elements in the future. Best of both worlds.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
LeBeouf? again? urgh I hate that actor he allways plays the same guy in every movie he's in.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Amnestic said:
CJ1145 said:
Why did they cast him at all? All he was there for was to set up the eventual "passing on as the whip". A passing on which never needed to happen.

Why is Indy all old in the Crystal Skull anyway? Didn't he drink from the Holy Grail in Last Crusade?
You're not immortal if you pass the great seal.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Or instead they could just, you know, end the series. It's a dead horse anyway.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Really, the original Indy trilogy isn't all that. It's awesome only in its cheesiness, and Crystal Skull really wasn't any different.

Nuked refrigerators are the new gigantic boulders.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
There was only ever one Indiana Jones movie.

Also, Ford wants his characters to die because he knows how embarrassing they are. Good man, he's got class.

Squid86

Nov 19, 2009
NERD RAGE BOILING OVER.....CAPS LOCK ENGAGED.....FUCK YOU LUCASSBERG!!!!!!!!!!11!!!FUCK YOU SHITHEAD LADOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!Formula for an awful movie, just add Shithead LaDouche. Perhaps we could make the worst move of all time, OF ALL TIME! Have it "star" LaDouche have Lucassberg write/produce it, and have a Ménage à trois of the worlds worst directors Ewe Boll, J.J. Abrahms, and Michael Bay. Perhaps it could be a buddy film with Shithead as "Butt" Williams, and Jar Jar Binks.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
brunothepig said:
Ok, I haven't seen the first three Indy movies, but Crystal Skull was certainly below average. Killing characters is a good thing. It's surprising, it's emotional, leads to great character development (except the dead character). But either way, I probably won't see the next one. I do need to watch the first three sometime... I've been told by trusted friends that they are actually good.
Oh, and what is it with Ford hating all his characters? Honestly, it just isn't nice.
The first three are miles better than Crystal Skull. I recommend you give at least Raiders of The Lost Ark a shot.
Do you honestly believe that The Temple of Doom is miles in front of Crystal Skull? o_O

I can agree on the other two.. But but.. The Temple of Doom!?

Nov 27, 2010
If Indy goes, Mutt goes with him. Like father like son, that's what I always said.

I mean it's not like Shia Laboof is a terrible actor (he was awesome in A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints), but Indiana Jones isn't Indiana Jones without Indiana Jones. That would be like if Batman was shot in the face in the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises and then they made a sequel where Robin has to pick up the pieces.