Has NASA Made First Contact?

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Merkavar said:
i hope they are sexy aliens.
we already find them
The_root_of_all_evil said:

"No-one would have believed, in the first years of the twenty first century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No-one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes; and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us."

I, for one, welcome our new galactic overlords.
what a great track to read the article with!

Sep 14, 2009
Digikid said:
Anyone with half a brain would know that there is life out there besides us.

I hope that we have found someone.....question is.....friend or foe?
honestly. foe might not be a bad thing. it would unify alot of the world against a greater threat. possible world peace anyone?

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
philosophicalbastard said:
badgersprite said:
They found the monolith around Jupiter?!

About damn time! You're about ten years too late, to be honest.
You obviously haven't watched the sequel 2010:The Year We Make Contact
You win a million internets, sir.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
I have to go with the bacteria thing. If it was bigger I don't think they would have waited.

Also I just imagine one of the scientists tweeting "LOL We found Aliens! BRB Making first contact. Hope they're friendly."

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
To all the people saying its a life bearing planet. We've been there, done that. Gliese 581G.

Most likely bacteria though.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
sheic99 said:
I wonder if it contains instructions to build a machine that appears to do nothing on the outside, but will send a person several thousand light years. Preferably containing Jodie Foster.
I thought light years were a measurement of distance not time, and sorry if I misinterpreted what you said.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Lol at the Predator. Hopefully they're friendly, and I'm kinda hyped.

Enlist Today! Service Guarantees Citizenship!
Well we have to be ready y'know.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Dimensional Vortex said:
sheic99 said:
I wonder if it contains instructions to build a machine that appears to do nothing on the outside, but will send a person several thousand light years away. Preferably containing Jodie Foster.
I thought light years were a measurement of distance not time, and sorry if I misinterpreted what you said.
I just edited the bold word in, also it's a reference to the movie Contact.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Were going to have a problem if it is intelligent life coming to visit us, were not ready, were too uncivilized. Some xenophobic moron would attack them before we knew anything about them.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It isn't aliens. Binary Black Holes have been discovered 300 million light-years away, towards the constellation of Andromeda. The binary system of doom are orbiting one-another and are thought to be about 1/50th of a light-year away. They are thought to collide and end all life in about 5 centuries.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20101201/k10015559561000.html

You will need to translate my proof...the binary system of damnation was discovered by the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan. Either way, we're boned.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
That would be sweet if we found life on other planets. But what if they have already found us? 0.o

sycoesis

May 31, 2010
i dont much care for what it is but i do hope that whatever it is it makes the dumbass who shut down nasa realise how stupid he /she is and then they explode do to alien rayguy thing, fuck it im tired

sycoesis

May 31, 2010
furmaster3000 said:
Hope so!
That would also mean we'd have definite proof that religion is kinda bogus. . .
for about 3 seconds then they will make up some bullshit and the world keeps turning and now ive depressed myself......yay nasa