Has NASA Made First Contact?

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Dr. Paine said:
Now, if we've defrosted Charon and found an interstellar gateway... well, I always did want to go into the military, I'd sign for space military xD
ive got my hair dryer, lets go!

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
VegetaPrinceofSaiyans said:
Dr. Paine said:
ELxSQUISHY said:
tellmeimaninja said:
I think we should find turians. I like turians.
I agree good sir. I wouldn't mind salarians though, their fast talking and incredible intelligence are awesome. I want a singing scientist salarian XD
I'd hate salarians being first contact... they'd find out everything about us and that'd cause all sorts of hell.

I still vote drell or hanar.
Hmm, I don't think Salarian 1st contact would have a very good outcome. Remember what they did to another barbaric war-like race they encountered? BAM! Genophage. Idk about you, but I enjoy not being impotent. Though it might solve the over population issue XD
Exactly x3 Besides, salarians look like the Grays, that would NOT go over well.

Now, frog men and jellyfish, that's an entirely different story.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Astrobiology = not first contact, unless you count possible first contact with frozen mono-cellular life forms.

Most likely it won't even be that, more likely they've realized that bacteria could theoretically live under the ice caps of [jovian/saturnian moon X] so maybe in a good century when the technology and general will exists we can go and drill and maybe discover some space plankton! Yay! Exciting!

See.. this is why we need Helios. 125 years of economic automation, then your research gets to encompass other frontiers. Humans are crap at organizing stuff like this.

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
im hoping for a small primitive society or something like that, just to make sure they don't end up kicking our asses as some point in the near future

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Oh man, awesome!!! Possible huge evidence in the advancement of the search for extra terrestrial life. This could be one the most important discoveries of the modern world.

[sub]Come on, show me the Sangheili armada[/sub]

You know it's coming....

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Alien City, Alien City, Alien City...

If I say it enough times it'll happen... wait...

Asari, Asari, Asari...

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
Dr. Paine said:
Probably primitive bacteria.

... still awesome.
there is solid publicly made evidence of life elsewhere in the galaxy that has been around for quite awhile.....we absolutely know that there is primitive bacteria on other planets. we should be excited if its something....larger.

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
i have a feeling that human representatives are going to say something bad, and well all end up dead.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Gonna be disappointing I can already tell but still kinda excited.

Side note: That picture coupled with this article = WIN! haha

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Really really really really hopin for some sexy aliens.

You don't even know how much I want me some sexy aliens.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
They're probably tentacle monsters.

I am, of course, hoping for it to be Greys.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I hope so, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I think it would be nice to know for certain what many people suspect. I've long been of the opinion that although aliens are out there, they have better things to do than to mess with us here on our little blue planet. If NASA has evidence of intergalactic communication, I will gladly be proven wrong.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I wonder if it has any relation to the fact that they found an atmosphere around Rhea and oxygen in it a few days ago:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/whycassini/cassini20101126.html

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
I think we should find turians. I like turians.
But the Turians will find us...and then the Turians will shot at us. And then we'll have this whole big war and a lot of stuff happens and it ends with us being shot out into the vacuum of space only to be brought back to life by a terrorist organization to help them save the galaxy.....But yeah, I hope its Turians.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
They found the monolith around Jupiter?!

About damn time! You're about ten years too late, to be honest.

GoodApprentice

Apr 27, 2010
NASA is having a giant liquidation sale! One day only! A limit of 2 space shuttles per customer. First one hundred customers through the door get a free moon rock!