Has NASA Made First Contact?

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Icehearted said:
Scabadus said:
Icehearted said:
Maybe we should hold off on wanting to have sex with anything until...
I don't get it.
Someone had said they'd hoped these aliens were sexy, I was commenting on the peril of inter-species dating before we have more facts. What's not to get? Seriously though, what is it with our species and probing things (or being probed for that matter)?
I was joking; what's this "holding off having sex" you speak of? Why hold off having sex with an alien while we check it's safe? If it looks sexy it's (probably) perfectly harmless (Unless you're a praying mantis in which case, in no particular order, "haha" and "good lord how did you learn to use the internet?"), and movies have taught me that aliens are always promiscuous!

Seriously though, no humping aliens (or praying mantises). It's bad for everyone.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
SextusMaximus said:
Duffeknol said:
Dr. Paine said:
Probably primitive bacteria.
Not awesome, still a giant leap.
Sorry to disagree, but Primitive Bacteria is seriously awesome. So long as it's extra terrestrial primitive bacteria.
Aren't we related to single cell life? If we could accelerate the process and shape their brains while they are evolving and make them genius...
I can hope...

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
...then there's the prospect that they've found evidence that there is NO life, impacting the search in a negative way haha.

It won't be much of finding in "geek terms" since they are going to have a conference in a pre-set date in the near future... exciting. If we had made contact we'd already know about it if they were planning to announce it.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
ELxSQUISHY said:
Dr. Paine said:
ELxSQUISHY said:
tellmeimaninja said:
I think we should find turians. I like turians.
I agree good sir. I wouldn't mind salarians though, their fast talking and incredible intelligence are awesome. I want a singing scientist salarian XD
I'd hate salarians being first contact... they'd find out everything about us and that'd cause all sorts of hell.

I still vote drell or hanar.
I just don't want us to running into the krogans...
My brothers would love meeting krogan x3

They tend to learn things the hard way...

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
They either found proof of extinct species or actually found life. Don't get your hopes up as the chances of it being something more than bacteria are slim at best. Either way, if this discovery warrants its own press conference then I'm sure as hell excited.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:

"No-one would have believed, in the first years of the twenty first century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No-one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes; and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us."

I, for one, welcome our new galactic overlords.
-Hi five- I think Richard Burton is possibly the only person who could pull off narration like that.

Okay back on topic... If they've found anything... I'm saying bacteria... Otherwise, I don't think they've found anything other than another theory or planing a budget to search an area that may have life. Though the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one...

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Scabadus said:
Icehearted said:
Scabadus said:
Icehearted said:
Maybe we should hold off on wanting to have sex with anything until...
I don't get it.
Someone had said they'd hoped these aliens were sexy, I was commenting on the peril of inter-species dating before we have more facts. What's not to get? Seriously though, what is it with our species and probing things (or being probed for that matter)?
I was joking; what's this "holding off having sex" you speak of? Why hold off having sex with an alien while we check it's safe? If it looks sexy it's (probably) perfectly harmless (Unless you're a praying mantis in which case, in no particular order, "haha" and "good lord how did you learn to use the internet?"), and movies have taught me that aliens are always promiscuous!

Seriously though, no humping aliens (or praying mantises). It's bad for everyone.
Looks like I brainfarted :)
Also this:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/9/19/.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Won't be surprised if it's a bunch of bacteria, but I'm still excited.

I personally would like it to be the remains of an advanced civilization (you know, like Mass Effect)

gee666

One Sad Act
Nov 10, 2009
for the conspiracy theorists , wiki leaks have got there hands on thousnds of documents

Disclaimer i don't beleve this but i was chating to a friend on TS and he hit out with that

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Hmmmm, maybe the workers at Bioware are secretly from an alien race who are setting into motion the beginning of the Mass Effect series in real life and there is some huge menace threatening the galaxy and they want to make us unlock our potential and help them defend the universe from the Reapers!!!!

Hurray for run-on sentences!

Still, wouldn't that be awesome!?!?!

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
All hail the Squid Overlords! All hail the Squid Overlords!
Odeprzeæ naje?d?ców! Zniszcz ich statków i wrzuci³ je do ognia!

I for one welcome any alien life, but im keeping my VSS vintorez under my pillow.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Here's hoping for the close encounters of the third kind aliens and not the invasion of the body snatchers kind.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
If we haven't found the Protoss, I'm not interested. And if we've found some microbes, tell them to call us when they've evolved into something worth enslaving.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
Icehearted said:
Merkavar said:
i hope they are sexy aliens.
Maybe we should hold off on wanting to have sex with anything until we know that they don't have razor sharp teeth in their mating orifices, or at the very least don't have space herpes.
if it doesnt hurt it means you arent doing it right :)

Jul 27, 2009
Dr. Paine said:
ELxSQUISHY said:
tellmeimaninja said:
I think we should find turians. I like turians.
I agree good sir. I wouldn't mind salarians though, their fast talking and incredible intelligence are awesome. I want a singing scientist salarian XD
I'd hate salarians being first contact... they'd find out everything about us and that'd cause all sorts of hell.

I still vote drell or hanar.
Hmm, I don't think Salarian 1st contact would have a very good outcome. Remember what they did to another barbaric war-like race they encountered? BAM! Genophage. Idk about you, but I enjoy not being impotent. Though it might solve the over population issue XD

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
We've already found earthlike planets outside of our solar system capable of sustaining life, so that can't be the news. In 2008 they claimed to have observed a flash or a signal from another planet outside our system,(if someone can find the link, please quote me with it) which made the news again few months ago, maybe they will actually follow up on that.