Has NASA Made First Contact?

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
burzummaniac said:
sheic99 said:
I wonder if it contains instructions to build a machine that appears to do nothing on the outside, but will send a person several thousand light years. Preferably containing Jodie Foster.
MASS EFFECT!
Nope, Contact.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Azmael Silverlance said:
Id like some skeleton with DNA remains or whatnot.... but will have to wait until tomorow :D
You're making the assumption that the life would have a skeletal system. Or DNA.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Atticus89 said:
Why not a Space Whale? It would be awesome if it was a Space Whale. :D
And if they show up on the moon, then..."We're whalers on the moon!" Hooray for random Futurama references!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
I think we should find turians. I like turians.
I was thinking the same thing. If they aren't reporting a group of turians that just came through a mass relay, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Dr. Paine said:
rsvp42 said:
Okay, EVERYONE knows that if we create sapient robots, they WILL revolt.

Aliens... I can see them pretty much ignoring us. But the robots will be our doom.

And for the asari vs. Na'vi thing, I vote asari.
i vote asari too. yeah the na'vi are 10 feet tall and can ride dragons but the asari could pick them up, rip off their tails, and throw them off a cliff with their minds (the na'vi not the dragons. well maybe a really really badass asari could do that to a dragon but thats another discussion)

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Quazimofo said:
Dr. Paine said:
rsvp42 said:
Okay, EVERYONE knows that if we create sapient robots, they WILL revolt.

Aliens... I can see them pretty much ignoring us. But the robots will be our doom.

And for the asari vs. Na'vi thing, I vote asari.
i vote asari too. yeah the na'vi are 10 feet tall and can ride dragons but the asari could pick them up, rip off their tails, and throw them off a cliff with their minds (the na'vi not the dragons. well maybe a really really badass asari could do that to a dragon but thats another discussion)
Asari commandos. Possibly Justicars.

... now I remember why the asari don't annoy me. Sure, they're fanservice, but they can also easily kill you with their minds!

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
This is the beginning.

We've found them, they don't like being found.. they're just gonna kill us all, we'll be dead in 2 years.

2012 was right :/

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
It's going to be some vauge plan involving doing something that will someday discover if there is life on that earth-like planet we just found. I strongly, strongly doubt it will be even a hint at actual extraterrestrial life.

kaveradeo

Jul 12, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
Duffeknol said:
Dr. Paine said:
Probably primitive bacteria.
Not awesome, still a giant leap.
NOT AWESOME???!!! Proof of life beyond our own? How is that not the most ground breaking and awesome discovery in the past 1000 years? If you are not in awe from the prospect of Alien life then you are the most cynical person I have met. If there was verified proof of alien bacteria I would break down and weep in joyous wonder.

To add to the growing list of Sci-Fi based possible announcements maybe they've found a message in the Cosmic Background Radiation that points to inteligence from the beginning of time and space.
You act like it wasnt a guarantee that there were aliens. Its pretty cocky to think HUMANS are the only smart life in the infinite universe, or that OUR planet is the only one capable of life.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
It'll probably be little more then evidence of bacteria, but still even that would be completely awesome in my books. I'm not going to get too excited about this just yet, most of my excitement is going to wait until an ambassadorial craft lands on the White House lawn.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I always thought there must be life other than us out there not necessarily intelligent life but something like alien germs or something at least

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
According to the news they found a bacteria(on earth) that can live in acid or something, making life in space more likely. That's it. No space dragons for us(until I bio-engineer them, that is)

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Its the only full copy of episode 3 falling from the sky and they need millions of moneys to catch it before its damaged.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
I sincerely doubt it is even bacteria; they would sound way more excited. No where in that report is there any indication that they are going to say they actually found life.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
No biggie. Just some kind of new finding that most likely says "Shyeah, this, and this, and this findings point to us being able to identify organic compunds out there (as in not on Earth), with either greater accuracy, or more likelihood of them being spread around." That's usually how this stuff goes.

Nerds are probably salivating at that prospect. We're weird like that.