Has NASA Made First Contact?

mrwoo6

Feb 24, 2009
I_am_a_Spoon said:
sinestro1940 said:
We all want some cool, awesome alien species that are intelligent and let us live like we're in Mass Effect, but in all reality, it'll probably just be some bacteria they found on Uranus :/.
You mean Urectum, right?

OT: Dear sweet Jesus, I hope it's a moon made entirely of chocolate.
There does seem to be a trend to make chocolate bars after space, mars, galexy, etc..

popepaul3

Sep 8, 2010
"that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."
Hate to be a killjoy but that could simply mean budget cuts.....

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Flauros said:
......i dont get it.
Bone is slang for both sex and murder.
Though most people associate the slang term with sex.

On topic: Well, it could be worse. NASA might announce that we just made contact with the cast from Star Fox.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Umm, Yuki. Did you have something to do with this?

Yuki N. > No.

Oh, okay. Do you know what it is, then?

Yuki N. > Yes.

And you're not going to tell us. Are you?

Thought not.

OT: Please be microbes on Titan. Please be microbes on Titan.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
we knew about alien bacteria for years. it isn't alien bacteria.
????? Do mean the stuff they thought was alien but was shown to have originated here, as that's not what we are talking about. And NASA would look pretty stupid announcing bacteria like that.

popepaul3

Sep 8, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
popepaul3 said:
"that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."
Hate to be a killjoy but that could simply mean budget cuts.....
no, NASA is being dismantled next year. That isn't "budget cuts" since it needs to exist in order to cut on a budget.
NASA being dismantled?...that sucks! Boo-urns!

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I'll prepare a sacrifice in honour of our new masters, now I'm thinking about sacrificing Bieber to our overlords, since he can't contribute to their nasty (or nice) plans.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Icehearted said:
Maybe we should hold off on wanting to have sex with anything until...
I don't get it.

Monsterfurby said:
Truth of the matter is, I don't think any alien would be well-advised to get on Earth's bad side... We still have enough firepower to blow our own planet to bits several times over, and the means of delivery are essentially the same stuff we use to put satellites into space.

And their means of delivering themselves to us are essentially the same stuff we use to... oh wait we don't yet. Any alien race advanced enough to get to Earth is going to be advanced enought to move a little bit to the side if we fire nukes at them. That's if they don't have shields, or even a laser defence grid like what we can build now! What's your plan here, if they piss us off we messily annihilate ourselves at them? That'll learn 'em!

Not to mention that they'll probably fire back and then we're all crispy-fried Alderan.

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
Probably nothing worth my time. I'll save my enthusiasm for the big events.