Have you ever bought two copies of the same game on multiple platforms?

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I didn't buy it, but my brother bought Oblivion for PC. I played it and it...didn't run well.

About a year later, I found the GOTY edition for, like, $20 for the 360, and I bought it!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (PC/PC) - Disc broke.
Plants Vs Zombies (PC/iPod Touch) - Wanted portable version.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - Same as above.
Tony Hawk's Underground (Gamecube/Xbox) - Trying to get all the early ones on one system.
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Gamecube/Xbox) - same as above.
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Xbox/PS3) - They are actually pretty different.
Fallout 3 (PC/PC) - Wanted it all in one, so I bought the GOTY edition off Steam in the QuakeCon sale. Having Fallout 3/The Pitt/Anchorage all on retail discs while the rest was GFWL DLC was a ***** to install.
Quake III Arena/Team Arena (PC/PC) - Was cheaper to buy the complete Quake pack off Steam than to buy the ones I didn't already own.
Doom 3/Resurrection of Evil (PC/PC) - Same as above.
Quake 4 (PC/PC) - Ease of having it on Steam rather than hunting down all the CDs.
The Chronicles or Riddick (Xbox/PC) - More content added/game redone.
BioShock (PC/PC) - Technically got it free when I preordered BioShock 2.
F.E.A.R./Extraction Point/Perseus Mandate - Ease of having them all on Steam.
GTA III/Vice City/San Andreas - Cheap on Steam, plus sold my Xbox copies to my old manager and actually came out ahead.
Half-Life 2/Episode 1 (PC/PC) - When I bought The Orange Box.
Red Faction Guerrilla (PC/PC) - Preordering RF:Armageddon. (wonder if the CD key will work on Steam)
Metro 2033 (PC/PC) - Preordering Homefront.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (PC/PC) - Extra copy came with one of my graphics cards.

Think that's it... probably still missing one or two...

Might get Minecraft on my Xperia PLAY, and will probably work on getting other games I have retail copies of onto Steam.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Never, Never, NEVER!

I just can't do it...I might physically hurt myself if I try to buy a game TWICE just to play on a different platform.

Galaxialconda

Oct 19, 2008
Only one that comes to mind is my multiple copies of Persona 3. THe orginal, the NTSC special edition when it didn't look like it was gonna come to the uk, the PAL special edition and the PSP version ^^"

And have been on the fence about regetting Beyond Good and Evil from the PSN even though I have an original PS2 copy.

Apr 5, 2008
I finished ME1, DS, Arkham Asylum, FO3, Borderlands and a few others on 360 before later buying them on Steam. Most big releases now I'll buy for PC first though. My GTX 285 makes the 360 look like a Sega Megadrive.

If I had 2x GTX295s in SLi, I would only use a console for exclusives. Even without DX11, Human Revolution would have looked and played 20x better than either console version.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
i did for Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 so i could play with my friends from school. Also for the Mass Effect series but thats because I sold ME2 to my friend on the xbox and I wanted to be able to make choices from ME1 so i re-bought that one too. of course then bioware released the genesis dlc... >.<

Havok2099

Aug 24, 2011
Ohh man, I just own too many copies of Final Fantasy 7. I have the PC version, and two copies of the PS1 version because I suck at not breaking my games. Also I don't think I ever used the PC version, just saw it at a garage sale and grabbed it because I played that game too much when I was little.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Assassin Xaero said:
Quake 4 (PC/PC) - Ease of having it on Steam rather than hunting down all the CDs.
You do know they removed the disk check, right? Quake 4 has been running diskless for a long time now.

Demonic Gama

Jan 18, 2010
Oblivion, I have it for all three. I got it for PS3 originally, as my brother didn't want me using the xbox for it, then I wanted the DLC, so I got the xbox version, then I wanted to use mods, so then I finally got the PC version.

I played that game like hell.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Starke said:
Assassin Xaero said:
You do know they removed the disk check, right? Quake 4 has been running diskless for a long time now.
But I'd need to hunt down the discs to install it, and just reformatted... Having it on Steam helps a lot, anyway. I have so many games I can't remember which they are or where they are, or even if they are installed. :/

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Gralian said:
So, i was playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time today on my xbox. While i am certainly having fun with it, i'm having a nagging feeling in the back of my head that i should've got it for PC. There were a couple of reasons why i didn't - being an achievement nut, i wanted DE 1k'd on my card, and my graphics cards (295GTX in SLI) aren't capable of Direct X 11, which is something a lot of PC games are moving towards now and i figured i'd get a less than optimal experience anyway.
I am having the same dilemma, when I get back from my Holiday, this is a title I intend on picking up, but cannot decide to get it on PC, as it is an FPS so its better, or on PS3 so I can get that precious platinum trophy.

OT: In have bought COD4, Guitar Hero 3, and Oblivion, not cuz I am crazy, but because my 360 RROD on me and these were the 3 games I deffinitly wanted when I bought my PS3 to replace it.
I sold the repaired 360 to a friends brother, glad I did that as well cuz the PS3 is way better and that 360 RROD 3 more times on my friends brother.
I bought the 360 back again after the price plummeted at this news of the 360 slim releasing, it was almost 50% off the day after the slim was announced. Although this time I got the Elite model which has a lot lower RROD rate.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
I have God of War 1 & 2, Beyond Good and Evil, and the Prince of Persia trilogy for both PS3 and PS2 (soon to include Ico, Shadow of the Collosus, and Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 remasterings. BUT NOT THE SILENT HILL COLLECTION. FUUUUCK YOOOUUU, KOONNAAAAMIIII!!! GIVE GUY CHIHI HIS MONEY!!! I KILL YOU!!!)

I also have PS3 and XBox 360 versions of Mass Effect 2 and Brutal Legend. I occasionally buy a few extra copies of Brutal Legend just so I can rub them on my naked body...

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
Not multiple platforms - my friend sold his Dreamcast and let me have his old games, so I ended up with extra copies of some games I already had. Does this count?

souper soup guy

Aug 8, 2011
I bought starwars: battlefront 2 twice, once for pc once for xbox.
I did it so I could play both online, and splitscreen with my friends.