Have you ever reported someone?

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I have before, mostly just for dumb threads. And even then, its most cos of the forum rules

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Doesn't it take more than one report to actually draw mod attention? Based on that naive assumption, I assume the mantra of "if in doubt, report", anything really discriminatory I usually report, obvious trolls etc. I figure worse case scenario and the comment isn't really that bad, it gets passed over.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
I've reported a couple obvious trolls, and one person who was either just being really, super offensive (and I don't get offended easily, but any means), or was actually a troll.
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
Mostly flamers, spambot, trolling and gerneral asshattery
Yeah, this. Heh... asshattery.

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
Only when Zynga4Life was posting those child-murder pics on every board that he could.
I'll let most things slide,but outright aggressive trolling I won't abide by...especially if it isn't even remotely funny.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Kharloth said:
Yea, but only people who just contribute nothing to the topic, and be a dick.
2 examples of thing's I've reported

On a favorite map thread for MW2:
"Um. I don't play call of duty because I'm not a fag"

Or on another PS3 vs 360 thread
"Pfff... Only morons play consoles, real gamers play PC, get some braincells asswipes"
I would of spoiler boxed that if I were you. You don't want to write a post that had been reported after all.

OT: Yes. Only for Trolls who needed cleansing.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Usually only if someone reaches such level of offensiveness and retardation I don't even have snarky retort for.

So yeah, you have to earn it.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Kharloth said:
Yea, but only people who just contribute nothing to the topic, and be a dick.
2 examples of thing's I've reported

On a favorite map thread for MW2:
"Um. I don't play call of duty because I'm not a fag"

Or on another PS3 vs 360 thread
"Pfff... Only morons play consoles, real gamers play PC, get some braincells asswipes"
not that i don't agree with him (the pc is the true medium for indiegames, which are typically made of pure, ifinite quality(also the braincell shit is retarded but some ex-friends make me unsure whether isn't true))

but those two(?) sound like fuckwads...

any you guys remember "ZYNGA4LIFE"?

the serial? autopsy pic poster? i reported the ************ in a heart beat.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Yes, usaully only for blatant insults or one word posts from 400+ post users.

I believe I have reported Jimmy Basetti at least 15 times. He likes to insult me (and others...)

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
The one and only time I've ever reported anyone anywhere is on DeviantArt: was browsing the day's random deviations, and found something that was, plain as a day, for mature audiences, with very explicit sexual content. What everyone does in his or her own time is their business, but they don't need to post that kind of explicit content on DeviantArt. The least they could've done is use the Mature filter.
Other than that, no, I've never used the report button.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
I never report people in my own threads. It seems self serving.

Reporting someone requires a whole new level of offensiveness, and blatant rancor. Your average caustic personality will not suffice.

KiruTheMant

Nov 2, 2009
I've used it three times,but twice were a misclick,and the third time was near when I joined,people calling us all lazy murderers who needed to get off the couch and be real people,ironically,they only had one post,made a topic without reading anything else on the site.Imagine EVERY report that went in there?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Only when I saw the obvious spambot. You know "Mek ur p3n1$ l@rgeR" then again I do that where ever I go and have an account. Youtube I liked going on their accounts and making rude comments, call it childish but it lets me blow off steam and no one gets hurt. After all spambots have no souls!

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Never had, never will. I'm an adult and I don't feel the need to run to mommy if someone upsets me. Either speak with the person and have a dialogue about why you disagree with what they're saying, or ignore them. I've had a probation and a warning, one was for calling out an obvious troll. Probably shouldn't have used the language I did, the warning was for posting a single picture post, which while not offensive and I feel if you got the joke made sense in the thread, was against the rules. But really, the mods seem to patrol the threads pretty decently. If you don't like what someone has to say ignore them. It may not be a free internet, but keep in mind people may have things to say that you don't like, or people may just be jackasses. Neither one is going to kill you.