HeartGold and SoulSilver's Pokéwalker Requires Thousand Mile Trek

Angryman101

Aug 7, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Nimbus said:
I had something similar as a kid. I didn't know you were supposed to actually walk, so I spent hours and hours shaking the damn thing. By hand. Seriously.
Most men have something like that.
Shwing!
This made me laugh.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
they should have called it Pokemon:dont be fat edition

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Ok, now not to sound offensive but I will here it goes...
If at one time church groups thought Jar Jar was a child molster and his statue was only for kids to impale themselves on...

Has any of them attack the masturbation potential of this item.

Where is Little Jimmy?
"Last I knew he took some baby oil and locked himself in his room...said he wanted to get a new Pokemon. Hey, where is my Playboy?"

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I'll just strap it to my arm. My 'daily routine' should get me there in a few days.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I'm actually surprised at how specific this thing can be. I've found that I can't actually shake it and have it work. I've had to tap it against, my leg/hand/table to the rhythm of walking to get it to actually count the steps though. I'm not to concerned though because with a combination of this and actually walking I managed to rack up over 7000 steps yesterday.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I still haven't got over what a genius idea the poke'walker is.

But seriously that is a lot of miles.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
AND SO LEMON DID BEGIN HIS EPIC QUEST, ON A JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY, HEALTH, AND POKEMON.

Well, I can't say video games didn't help me stay in shape at least.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Can I officially call an end to the masturbation jokes? Seriously guys, we've got enough of them.
Also, I look forward to a couple weeks of me being healthy over the summer as I grind to get my 1,000 miles then reverting to my old, unhealthy self.

Donttazemehbro

Nov 24, 2009
I bought Soul Silver and Heart Gold but i wasn't serious about this poke walk whatever thing. I find it a novel idea but really stupid

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
AkJay said:
Am I the only one who giggled at the word "pedometer"?
NO

I am so glad I didn't have to point that out. I was looking at the comments just for that.

I laughed so hard.

Also, surely for males this is easy. Strap into right wrist. Let nature take its course. Win.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Nimbus said:
I had something similar as a kid. I didn't know you were supposed to actually walk, so I spent hours and hours shaking the damn thing. By hand. Seriously.
Most men have something like that.
As juvenile as it is, I laughed out loud at this. Probably because I was thinking the same thing.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Does pedometer mean something different in pokemon culture or what? because I'm getting a very different image here.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
If that's like one of them newfangled step-o-meters like McDonalds was handing out with salads a few years ago then instead of keeping it clipped to your belt for a year just hold it in your hand and shake (single gents can use this as a multitasking activity) it's not hard to get a couple of miles in a few minutes depending on how vigorously you do it

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
HeartGold and SoulSilver's Pokéwalker Requires Thousand Mile Trek

If you want to unlock every bonus in Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver's Pokéwalker accessory, you're going to need a few new pairs of Keds first.

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are sold with an included Pokéwalker, which is a pedometer that can provide neat extras in the Pokémon games. Pokéfans can put Pokémon in the device and also use it to find items along certain "routes." According to Bulbapedia [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9walker], unlocking every route in the Pokéwalker can only be done by walking a minimum of 1,000 miles.

Routes are unlocked by accumulating an in-Pokéwalker currency of sorts called Watts, acquired through walking. For example, one route called the "Quiet Cave" requires that the player have 100,000 Watts. Assuming that the average person will take 2,000 steps per mile, and doesn't use any Watts to look for items or other Pokéwalker activities, we reach the number of 1,000 required miles. That means it would take 200 days at an average of four miles per day to unlock everything.

This really is a great way to ensure that major Pokéfans never trade in their HeartGolds and SoulSilvers, though I almost expect many people to have discovered some way around the 1,000 mile number already. Mark my words, I see elaborate Pokéwalker-cheating contraptions on YouTube in the near future. While it might seem like Nintendo is doing gamers a favor by forcing us to get some exercise, I can't help but feel bad for the 10-year-old kids out there that are already walking in circles in their living rooms, appearing somewhat crazy to their parents, just to be able to find some kind of special Pokéthing.

(Via: ONM [http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=15941])

The world's first game that forces you to exercise!

.......or you could just throw the game into a tumble dryer for a day or two. Instant mileage!

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
all you guys going you could just do this...how about you just walk it?

excersing oh noes...boohooo

Kalak

Feb 25, 2010
The way to cheat it is to take it apart find the current that the petitomoter is running when it clicks a step then just hook a matching voltage across, BAM as long at the voltage continues (mebby use a nice timer to do a quick on off pulse) you should rake in the watts at no time