Here's your new ultra edgy Joker!

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Really don't dig it. At all really. Maybe if this was a new character, but then again, I'm not a fan of rebooting an entire character from the ground up anyway. It's inevitably going to be distracting.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
It's... okay.

I have issues with the "Damaged" tattoo specifically. The rest I can get behind, but that tattoo and it being on his fucking forehead? Just no. It looks ridiculous.

Also, I have fundamental yet hard to explain issues with the idea of seeing the Joker shirtless.

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
Wouldn't be so bad if the tattoos didn't look so... fake I guess? Might be funny if it tuned out to be actual fake tattoos he applied because he's a weird little shit who thinks that stuff is cool and funny and the rest of the movie cast berates him for being a child.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
GOD DAMMIT HOW MANY I WILL TELL YOU THIS:
WAIT TO SEE MORE, THEN JUDGE!!!!
You only see ONE picture of him! ONE!!!!

The same happened with Ben Affleck and Heath Ledger!!! Complaining and Complaining.
STOP!!!! STTOOOP!

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Kenbo Slice said:

Seriously, this is so bad. Who designed this? Some 15 year old with a deviantart account and a Hot Topic membership?

And yes, this is what Jared Leto will look like in Suicide Squad.

What do you guys think?
...I need a freaking drink.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly, as much as the Batman universe and The Joker has been done. I welcome freshness. So I don't mind this redesign.
I'll admit I don't love the all the tattoos, especially the "Damaged" one.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Story said:
Honestly, as much as the Batman universe and The Joker has been done. I welcome freshness. So I don't mind this redesign.
I'll admit I don't love the all the tattoos, especially the "Damaged" one.
How is this fresh? it looks like something that would have come out of the '90s, like if a Manson fan and an ICP fan got together to design the Joker.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
The "Damaged" tattoo looks incredibly dumb, but I quite like the rest of it. I did laugh at this redesign though.

I was reading that on my bed with a smartphone. You just made me fall off onto the floor with that one, Congratulations are in order.

... I must have missed that redesign.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
he looks overdone mostly they way overdid it with the tattoos there are way too many and most of them don't say joker to me more joker wanna be street thug like that gang from batman beyond .. joker has some class

if he has to have tatoos, maybe a smaller version of the laughing ones like just around the wrist and the j

samgdawg

Apr 1, 2011
When I look at the Joker my first thought shouldn't be Hot Topic. It looks like some sad teenage Joker fanboy trying to cosplay as Joker. I've only ever seen the Adam West Batman Movie and the Dark Knight trilogy and I can tell this is wrong. The tattoos are all awful, let alone the conundrum of how or why the Joker would have them. And he's not even smiling. The Joker always smiles. There's no class or style to this Joker.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I expect the Joker to appear shirtless once, maybe twice in the entire goddamn movie so the tattoos don't bother me too much. Grill turned me off but the explanation of Batman kicking his teeth in seems appropriate.

The only tattoo I actually have an issue with is the 'damaged' one. That is not something Joker would put on himself. He might tattoo it on someone else after messing him/her up beyond help by way of a joke but having to see that tattoo every time he's on screen is going to be annoying.

Wait.... Are they trying to get the whole 'face-cut-off-Joker' by the end of the movie to get rid of the tatoos or is this a permanent DCU thing? Is that what they are gonna do? Because I am not sure which is worse.

As for Leto himself, he might make an alright Joker but it's not the actors I worry about (with the possible exception of Will Smith) but rather the people deciding he should have a 'damaged' tattoo on his forehead.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Nods Respectfully Towards You said:
Fortunately it's been confirmed this isn't the official look for the Joker in Suicide Squad and just something fro Joker 75th anniversary. I just hope they take this internet outrage and just make sure it looks nothing like what they posted.
This seems to be true. Here's a source: http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/26/calm-down-the-joker-will-not-have-tattoos-in-suicide-squad-2887773?lt_source=external,manual

I'm pretty relieved. I've seen two great live action Jokers and this could be a third.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
To tell you the truth when I first saw this I thought that it was a badly done photo shop by a fan,so you can say that I ain't the fan. I mean what were they thinking with the face

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
I like it.

Stuck in prison you don't really care about yourself or what you put on your body, you just express yourself, and I think that fits.

The teeth look great and fit in with the scenario.

Although like others the "damaged" tat seems a bit out of context.

Looking forward to seeing it in action, good stuff.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Leaked image (someone took a photo of the movie camera with their phone), shit quality, but you can see him without tats.