HOLY FU- Anonymous is PISSSSSED!

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
This is the largest coordinated anonymous attack in history! Fuck I am actually worried!
Who the fuck said this was coordinated, sure as fuck don't look coordinated, looks like a riot to me.

Fenrir Strife

Nov 1, 2010
Well, I for one find it very entertaining. To me, SOPA and PIPA are a complete disgrace, even more so outside the USA considering they are messing with a global network and economy for their own gain. Sure, maybe anonymous isnt doing MUCH... and maybe they arent going about it the right way... but at least they are spitting on the fire as opposed to millions of net users sitting back to watch the whole thing burn. Personally speaking, if I was an American citizen, Id be trying to organise a riot at this stage myself. Anyone wants to suggest to me what I personally can do to stop PIPA and SOPA, and Id be happy to... but until then... *Grabs a nuka-cola and a laser rifle* Im gonna it right here and laugh, because as much as people on here talk about bunkers and about ineffectual teenagers... anonymous is doing more about the situation than the escapist is. And I for one dont want to see America screw over the internet for no damn reason.

jakelly14

Jan 19, 2012
well, time to sit back, relax, and watch the the internet crash burn around us....and then pop back up again in 20 minutes because, you know, its the internet.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
It's already been said, but DDoS is to hacking, what a queue at the post office is to bank robbery.

Credit where it's due, though, retooling that DDoS program was pretty clever.

Not that I'm saying they're wrong to do this, but I think anonymous needs to learn digital attacks aren't going to influence these people. Put up posters publicly decrying them as fascists near music stores or something. You could do one that compares the MPAA to the Nazis, the Reich's Swastika was designed to attract peoples attention, and it still does, exactly the sort of attention anonymous wants these groups getting.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
This should be interesting. I'll have to watch the fallout from the safety of the internet bunker. Who's got the popcorn?

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
Someone call up Anon and tell them we called the mexican cartels and if they don't go to bed the mexicans will get them.
Jajaja...

Sorry anon, until you prove me you are nothing but a group of teenagers with a sense of entitlement, I won't take you seriously.

OT: This will only help SOPA. Now they can accuse the detractors of supporting and simpatizing with terrorists.

PS3Aussie

Jan 8, 2008
Supertegwyn said:
I hate Anonymous.

Now lets run and hide while those pathetic teenagers try and overthrow the "corrupt" government.
Yep... the U.S gov are completely pure and a bastion of democracy... Up next.. how the corporations who totally don't actually run your shithole of a country are really nice and acting in your best interests...

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Daverson said:
It's already been said, but DDoS is to hacking, what a queue at the post office is to bank robbery.

Credit where it's due, though, retooling that DDoS program was pretty clever.

Not that I'm saying they're wrong to do this, but I think anonymous needs to learn digital attacks aren't going to influence these people. Put up posters publicly decrying them as fascists near music stores or something. You could do one that compares the MPAA to the Nazis, the Reich's Swastika was designed to attract peoples attention, and it still does, exactly the sort of attention anonymous wants these groups getting.
The sad part is, the amount of people that know of anonymous or their activity, is relatively small. Sometimes the internet isn't the place to do it and their tactics these days are just stupid.

They spam sites so they go down for a couple days at the most... Wow. Yeah, the world isn't going to give a shite. Few people are going to know about it, most wont care and the sites themselves wont be down for long, they'll be mildly annoyed at the best. So really all that is achieved here is nothing.

You want to protest? you want to show them whats what? Then get out of your bedrooms, basements and what have you, get together, make some picket signs and throw up a protest in the real world.

Or as Daverson said, start throwing posters about and stuff up. Get out there and do something other than hiding behind a computer. I'm not even for or against their actions but if they really want to do something they need to get their heads in gear. I can't think of much that has been solved out of these spam attacks.

Also, stop wearing Guy Fawkes masks. Yes V for Vendetta was a good comic, I'm glad we can all agree but I get this feeling that most wearing them didn't read the book or totally missed the bloody point. That or they are celebrating the real Guy Fawkes, which would be scary considering he was a full out terrorist who we caught trying to blow up Parliament and kill thousands in order to get a Catholic king in place. There's a reason we celebrate bonfire night by throwing him on a pyre. Also, the guy was too much a coward to face his own execution.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
...what's the point?
I mean honestly, those companies don't care that their pubic website server is down.
It's going to be up again in a few hours.

This is nothing more then cyber prank calls and false pizza orders.

PS3Aussie

Jan 8, 2008
Really... I think its just Anon (Especially its international members) doing what little they can.... I mean.. its better than nothing

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
This has nothing to do with SOPA. Plus this is actually inforcing SOPA. The media likes to mark Anonymous as Cyber Terrorists. And you know how Americans react at the word Terrorists. If they think this is about SOPA. Well SOPA will be getting a SHIT-TON of support.
Exactly my concern. The government will look at this and conclude, correctly or not:

1) The Internet supports piracy and resorts to its equivalent of violence when piracy is threatened.
2) The Internet only opposes SOPA because people support piracy.
3) Stronger Internet regulations are needed.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011

this comes to mind.
but it is worrying that Anon can basically force you to help DDoS with a link.
Bluntman1138 said:
You know, i would actually respect the group Anonymous if they werent Anonymous.
what use would they be then? imagine if Lenin spent his time before 1917 dancing in front of the Winter Palace? he would be arrested, the revolution would end and Russia would stay autocratic.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
PS3Aussie said:
Really... I think its just Anon (Especially its international members) doing what little they can.... I mean.. its better than nothing
From the looks of things, nothing would be better. As others said, this could possibly gain support for SOPA regardless of intention. Now is not a very good idea for them to start this shite.

Though upon reading into it, I kind of support their intentions here. I don't use Megaupload much but apparently the place tries to keep itself legit but plenty of people are slipping through the cracks. Some have genuine legitimate files on their though and its not fair to attack the innocents for the wrong doing of the criminals.

PS3Aussie

Jan 8, 2008
TrilbyWill said:
what use would they be then? imagine if Lenin spent his time before 1917 dancing in front of the Winter Palace? he would be arrested, the revolution would end and Russia would stay autocratic.
Thank you... very true, I mean.. why purposefully open yourself to unfair treatment.. Hell... considering the stupid Gov half the members of Anon would be in Gitmo if they came forward... Anyone remember when you had to work to earn the title "terrorist"

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Jack the Potato said:
Anonymous is mad the government shut down a site that pretty much does NOTHING ELSE but stream copyrighted material?
No, pretty sure they are mad the government shut down Megaupload.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I hope this succeeds in getting the stupid charges and helps bring the Mega sites back, because the whole thing is just ludicrous.

Nouw said:
Wait, doesn't the Escapist have the basement for such events? *Hides.
Oooh, the wal is almost complete. Can't wait to see the purpose of the whole thing when it is finished. Thought with what is going own, that wall will be a good source of protection for you, basement not needed.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
right im going to go and watch this all unfold. if anyone wants to join me im in a bunker with popcorn, drinkns and nachos!!