Hothead Gamer Flips Out, Burns Warhammer Fantasy Army

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Zontar said:
Dragonlayer said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Neverhoodian said:
The reason why Slaanesh is no longer around?

Teclis captures him/her while Slaanesh feasts on Elf souls and puts him/her in a golden cage. His/her replacement seems to be the Horned Rat. I'm serious. The best part? Its only mentioned in a side blurb and as one sentence long. HOPE YOU ENJOYED THOSE MODELS BECAUSE THEY JUST BECAME WORTHLESSS!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
At this point, if one still buys Games Workshop, it's their own goddamn fault.

After nearly two decades of fucking their fans over on a regular basis, and people still sink paychecks into their grossly overpriced garbage. That's a kind of capitalist zealotry one finds with designer clothes and Apple products.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
xaszatm said:
Zontar said:
Dragonlayer said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Neverhoodian said:

Teclis captures him/her while Slaanesh feasts on Elf souls and puts him/her in a golden cage. His/her replacement seems to be the Horned Rat. I'm serious. The best part? Its only mentioned in a side blurb and as one sentence long. HOPE YOU ENJOYED THOSE MODELS BECAUSE THEY JUST BECAME WORTHLESSS!
Are you freaking kidding me? She Who Thirsts, the Dark Prince, the ultimate expression of hedonistic, depraved perfectionism whose visage drives mortals to insanity and immediate supplication, was captured by the oldest cartoon trap in existence? The fucking box, propped up on a stick with string?

What the actual fuck Games Workshop!?

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
>a bit silly
>a bit silly
>a bit silly?

Mantic's response to age of sigmar was less silly
They removed all balancing, made it pay to win, removed the unique parts of it
There is nothing to salvage unless you want a blood angel themed breecher squad for 30k
Seriously, I know very few people that took it well, it's not a rules change, it's a complete genre change.
We went into skirmish and out of grand battle.
there is no competitive side to it, so people that don't want to play it for fun are going to be jerks or bored.
Lore updates removed most people's themed armies, i'd like to point out he's playing Har Ganeth, City of Executioners, which no longer acutally exists from what I remember.
I play karak kadin, and yeah after storm of chaos the loss of our super chain slayers was saddening but my army is for a force and a theme that also no longer exists, it's mildly saddening.
But from what I see he's got mostly plastic and "fine"cast so he shouldn't be all that broken up about it.

008Zulu said:
He could have just continued to use the older rules.
Not in a battlebunker and finding fantasy games outside of a battlebunker is somewhat difficult depending on your area.
Not condoning it, that man is a edge lord idiot.
He could have just switched to kings of war like i did,
He could have sold it on ebay but no, gotta go edgy.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
In other First World Problem News, some guy burns $900 toy collection out of spite.
it's closer to dude is in an abusive relationship for a buncha years and goes crazy.
Seriously, most wargamers I know say sticking with gws is a sign of Stockholm syndrome.
because the models are getting worse and worse as the prices go up and up and the amount per model shrinks and the rules suck more and more.
I can see where people claim they to prepare for a hasbro merger with the new minis

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Dragonlayer said:
xaszatm said:
Zontar said:
Dragonlayer said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Neverhoodian said:

Are you freaking kidding me? She Who Thirsts, the Dark Prince, the ultimate expression of hedonistic, depraved perfectionism whose visage drives mortals to insanity and immediate supplication, was captured by the oldest cartoon trap in existence? The fucking box, propped up on a stick with string?

What the actual fuck Games Workshop!?
But you see, all Slaanesh is is sex, and we can't have sex in a game for little boys! (No, seriously, I couldn't make this bullcrap up if I tried). At least its better than the Sigmarines, or Sigmar becoming a literal God-Emperor, or Gork and Mork becoming one god Gorkamorka, or...I should probably stop now. It's better to take the rage in increments.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
xaszatm said:
But you see, all Slaanesh is is sex, and we can't have sex in a game for little boys! (No, seriously, I couldn't make this bullcrap up if I tried)

please tell me you're making this shit up. I've never played the games or read the books but isn't that game about a bunch of genocidal racist assholes fighting other genocidal racist assholes? doesn't the Lore have something about their dead Emperor being turned into a machine God that needs human sacrifice of literally thousands a day to stay alive? But they draw the line with sex. What? and I thought blizzard handles there lore poorly.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
tf2godz said:
xaszatm said:
But you see, all Slaanesh is is sex, and we can't have sex in a game for little boys! (No, seriously, I couldn't make this bullcrap up if I tried)

please tell me you're making this shit up. I've never played the games or read the books but isn't that game about a bunch of genocidal racist assholes fighting other genocidal racist assholes? doesn't the Lore have something about their dead Emperor being turned into a machine God that needs human sacrifice of literally thousands a day to stay alive? But they draw the line with sex. What? and I thought blizzard handles there lore poorly.
Well, ok, no. Sigmar hasn't gotten that far...yet. They're at the starting the great campaign and him getting betrayed by his trusted advisor. So we're ALMOST there. But yeah, the lore's crap. Fine, I'll spoil the "beginning" of the Age of Sigmar.

And yes, the 40k God-Emperor DOES do all of that.

So, after Chaos wins, the Warhammer World is stripped to its core and only Sigmar survived. The miserable ball of metal (later to be named Sigmarite...I'm serious) flies off into space, he encounters a great Space Dragon (Yes, I'm serious...look, just pretend there's a I'm serious after every sentence because you're gonna need them) and becomes close friends with him. The Space Dragon takes him to a mythical place that consists of nine eternal realms. Eight of the Realms are based of one of the Winds of Magic and are as stereotypical as you might expect (Celestial Realm is heaven, Fire Realm is volcanoes and burning plains, etc.). Simar decides to settle here and take the survivors (who were all dead...because lore said Sigmar was the only survivo-...forget it GW logic) to this realm. For millennium the survivors of the Old World live in peace. Until the ninth realm, which was the realm of Chaos, struck (why Sigmar never thought to close the path connecting them to the Chaos Realm...) While Sigmar raised an army with his allies Teclis, Nagash, and Gorkamorka, they were beaten back and back. Finally, Sigmar went to the Realm of Heaven, built a giant wall, and slammed it shut, leaving the others to fend for himself.

For hundreds of years, the gate stood silent, but Sigmar had a plan. Taking the souls of the finest warriors, he used his power to reforge them into his image. He imbued lightning into their veins and encased them in sold sigmarite armour, powered by magic. They were given the ability to fire bolts of energy from either their boltbows (no, I'm not making this up) or carry their Lightning Hammers into battle. They were to be called SIGMARINES GROUND MARINES Stormcast Eternals! And they shall have no fear! Now, Sigmar opens the gates and out pours his army to face the Goretide and attempt to free the realm from Chaos!!!

I made it sound a lot more cooler than it should but it's still very stupid. I haven't even mentioned that Khorne got a model called the bloodstroker. Or the fact that the Dwarven God got eaten by a Salamander.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
xaszatm said:
tf2godz said:
xaszatm said:
Well, ok, no. Sigmar hasn't gotten that far...yet. They're at the starting the great campaign and him getting betrayed by his trusted advisor. So we're ALMOST there. But yeah, the lore's crap. Fine, I'll spoil the "beginning" of the Age of Sigmar.

And yes, the 40k God-Emperor DOES do all of that.

So, after Chaos wins, the Warhammer World is stripped to its core and only Sigmar survived. The miserable ball of metal (later to be named Sigmarite...I'm serious) flies off into space, he encounters a great Space Dragon (Yes, I'm serious...look, just pretend there's a I'm serious after every sentence because you're gonna need them) and becomes close friends with him. The Space Dragon takes him to a mythical place that consists of nine eternal realms. Eight of the Realms are based of one of the Winds of Magic and are as stereotypical as you might expect (Celestial Realm is heaven, Fire Realm is volcanoes and burning plains, etc.). Simar decides to settle here and take the survivors (who were all dead...because lore said Sigmar was the only survivo-...forget it GW logic) to this realm. For millennium the survivors of the Old World live in peace. Until the ninth realm, which was the realm of Chaos, struck (why Sigmar never thought to close the path connecting them to the Chaos Realm...) While Sigmar raised an army with his allies Teclis, Nagash, and Gorkamorka, they were beaten back and back. Finally, Sigmar went to the Realm of Heaven, built a giant wall, and slammed it shut, leaving the others to fend for himself.

For hundreds of years, the gate stood silent, but Sigmar had a plan. Taking the souls of the finest warriors, he used his power to reforge them into his image. He imbued lightning into their veins and encased them in sold sigmarite armour, powered by magic. They were given the ability to fire bolts of energy from either their boltbows (no, I'm not making this up) or carry their Lightning Hammers into battle. They were to be called SIGMARINES GROUND MARINES Stormcast Eternals! And they shall have no fear! Now, Sigmar opens the gates and out pours his army to face the Goretide and attempt to free the realm from Chaos!!!

I made it sound a lot more cooler than it should but it's still very stupid. I haven't even mentioned that Khorne got a model called the bloodstroker. Or the fact that the Dwarven God got eaten by a Salamander.

This is pure beauty! I thought comics were convoluted but at least they had the excuse of multiple writers over 70 years and have some really good writing to counteract the silliness but this. My God! I assume the strength of the lore comes purely from Narm charm it must produce.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Well, a thing to correct for most of you:

Reselling of a warhammer army, unless to someone who really wants it or is prearranged or something, is usually pointless. Seriously, buying a pre-made and pre-painted model might sound like it's worth more, but it's actually worth basically nothing. I remember going to sell my warhammer 40k models on ebay only to find the average price for a unit that usually costs around 60-70 AUD was about $1. My army would have given AT MAX 100 bucks in total, for the thousands spent on it.
But burning his army was still a very very stupid thing to do. Older editions still exist. Silly boi.

However the actual rule changes to the new version are just fucking ludicrous. Like, I legitimately expect them to either instantly ignore the version, move past it or even just backpedal on it. The only reason this version should ever exist is to KILL Warhammer Fantasy. This version is some fucking stupid shit, because even for a beer and pretzels game made from a super serious mass combat game, it's a very bad beer and pretzels game. Like, fucking awful.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
JonB said:
Hawki said:
only Slaanesh could provide.
...if only they didn't cut Slaanesh from the game.
Oh goodness gracious me. That's a... Questionable choice indeed.

Kiddiehammer here we come!

erttheking said:
I'm all for being angry at Games Workshop and I admit that I don't know how their games work that well but...couldn't he just keep playing the game with the old rules? I mean it's not exactly like a software patch where it's integrated into the game.
Most Warhammer gaming in the UK is done at GW stores who usually try and push the new rules as hard as they can. It's like one of those software patches that constantly nags you to upgrade or postpone it for 10 mins.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
While games workshop is a shit company and deserves to be whipped, I dunno how I feel about igniting 900 dollars worth of stuff. Sure, the message is there, but the waste of money hurts me in my soul.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Dragonlayer said:
xaszatm said:
Zontar said:
Dragonlayer said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Neverhoodian said:

ragesnip
Slaneesh is gone? WHAT?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!?!?!?!

I'm feeling a curious mix of boiling hot rage and crushing disappointment, it's a weird feeling.

xaszatm said:
I had only read some of the lore surrounding end times and thought it wasn't too bad, the whole apocalypse thing was cool to read about despite some dumbfuckery and I enjoyed picturing scenes like Nagash rising and subduing the Tomb Kings or by contrast Khali's undead defending the last survivors of the empire against an unending tide of chaos daemons.

But....Wow. This is the lore for Age of Sigmar? I... No fucking wonder people are burning their armies in disgust.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Dragonlayer said:
JonB said:
Hawki said:
only Slaanesh could provide.
...if only they didn't cut Slaanesh from the game.
Wut.

Seriously?

May the God-Emperor protect me from low content post offenses.
Seriously.

I'm still reeling.

The big four appear to be tzeentch and nurgle still eyeing each other, with khorne sitting opposite something that's either a four horned head or an abstract spider.
So change, entropy, rage and... spiders?
Maybe it is still slaanesh and the symbol just changed.
If it's not a spider, the new symbol is very horny.
Ahahahaha!
...haha...
ha.

Never mind.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
And to think that just the day before yesterday I bought the Dark Elves army book with the idea that maybe someday I'll put together a small army and play it with the 8th edition rules. But this is one of the most horrifyingly retarded things I've ever seen on the internet. That's hundreds of dollars you're literally letting go up in smoke, never to be seen again. Why in the fuck would anyone, anyone, ever, ever, do this? I'm no noob when it comes to being angry at GW, but what the fuck does this accomplish? What message does it send to GW? That their customer base is rich enough to just burn hundreds of dollars' worth of minis away? That their customer base is retarded? That's specifically what they've been waiting their audience to admit for years!

I can't muster any sympathy for this guy. This is the epitome of first world problems. Fuck that retard. Fuck him. Fucking retard. Retard. You hear me? RETARD!

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
I'm glad I left 3 or 4 years ago, I still keep tabs on the company though and re-read the books I have every now and again (Caiphas Cain, horus heresy, gaunts ghosts, brunner, malus darkblade etc.) But to hear of the complete and utter raping of the game, going from a grand battle situation to a skirmish, is insufferable.

And then to top it all off, the lore is totally totally fucked. No more Slaanesh, my favourite chaos god, lightning warriors in semi-magical armour with semi magical weapons (who totes aren't SPEHSS MAREENS*) Beastmen getting literally fuck all mention in the end times AGAIN (my favourite army, GWs favourite whipping boy. Seriously, their best special character died roughly 1,000 years before the end times)

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the end times was meant to be the end of the warhammer world as we know it... But you've just rebooted a lot of history that wasn't very convoluted (unless you got really deep into the lore and looked at the political systems and interactions between each faction) and replaced it with a load of shit that is offensive to previous players, is meant to be simple but manages to be overcomplicated whilst ALSO doing stupid things like, say, killing a dwarf god via salamander.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I am a teensy tiny bit pissed off about this.

If I do get back into the hobby (unlikely, sport is now my thang) I hope a proper 9th edition is out, or it's 8th ed for lyf.

*all my 40k armies are spehss mareens, doesn't mean I want to see them in Warhammer fantasy.

Aug 31, 2012
Lil_Rimmy said:
Reselling of a warhammer army, unless to someone who really wants it or is prearranged or something, is usually pointless. Seriously, buying a pre-made and pre-painted model might sound like it's worth more, but it's actually worth basically nothing. I remember going to sell my warhammer 40k models on ebay only to find the average price for a unit that usually costs around 60-70 AUD was about $1. My army would have given AT MAX 100 bucks in total, for the thousands spent on it.
That depends where you are and what you're selling. There's probably more demand in the UK, but you'll probably get 1/3 to a half for most things over here as long as they're in good condition, 40K wise at least, from comments on the guy's vids fantasy has a lot less resale value (and I'd imagine the market is probably going to be flooded very soon).
The old OOP stuff however can go for several times it's original value if in demand, or at the very least you'll get back what you paid for it.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
He's probably not out any money as his parents probably paid for all of it. So to him, he's just burning a toy that he owns.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Bat Vader said:
That seems like quite an overreaction. He pry could have gotten good money for all of it.
Unfortunately not. Resale of GW figures is really low, unless professionally painted. He'd have been lucky to have gotten $300 for it all. Granted, that's still good money, but also a significant reduction in the original amount.