How are you Internet Famous?

Lance Arrow

Apr 7, 2010
I was the alpha-whore at a gmod roleplaying community for 3 something years.

Also, me and some of my friends run a podcast, with 100 something collective views on 13 something episodes.

...Yeah! Internet fame, here I come.

Kurea

Dec 26, 2010
Used to be semi-popular on deviantArt, until I got sick of it. Yes, I got sick of my gradually rising popularity. XD

It wasn't so much the popularity itself as it was the reason I was becoming popular (or notorious, depending on how you look at it). If you're unsure why anyone would fear becoming popular on dA, head on over there yourself and you might find out why, with enough lurking. Better yet, read about deviantArt on ED and you're sure to learn a thing or two.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I write retro reviews for a site called gamersleak.com

I own a User Group on the Escapist with over 250 members.

I'm a Time Lord... sort of. Everyone who knows me on the Escapist has undoubtedly seen my cosplay pictures.
Also, I have nearly 17,000 post. That's an achievement.... right?

vaderaider said:
I'm not bragging but my Youtube videos collective view count is 313...
287,459 for me
Sorry ^_^

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Some of my videos on YouTube have quite a few views. One has over 100,000 views!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I don't think it can be called fame, but a good deal of game reviews I submit get published at Pie Magazine UK ( http://www.pie-magazine.co.uk/pie-mag-games.html ), a sort of online student paper; the editor tells me the games section gets about 500 hits a week or so. /plug

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Neonbob said:
aprilmarie said:
ummmm.......i randomly flirt with half the guys I know(though since I do it both IRL and online does that really count for much?) And amongst my friends I tend to be known as the one who will willingly take her clothes off first especially during the summer.....
...DAMN YOU, CROSS-COUNTRY DISTANCES! :p

I suppose my "biggest" claim to fame is the avatar over there.
Which is really Fanboy's work.
Ummm...I was the first to hit 20,000 posts sometime in 2009 XD Does that count?

Oh and I know you as well :p and and apparently tasty to lick.....according to a few people on the 'scapist

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I've made some quizzes for Sporcle (www.sporcle.com), and some of them have a few hundred plays, with one of them having over a thousand and two more approaching that mark. One of them was an Editor Pick once, too. Other than that, nothing really.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
So far, my collective view count on all my reviews I've posted here is 13000, more or less.
That's it, pretty much.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Kurea said:
Used to be semi-popular on deviantArt, until I got sick of it. Yes, I got sick of my gradually rising popularity. XD

It wasn't so much the popularity itself as it was the reason I was becoming popular (or notorious, depending on how you look at it). If you're unsure why anyone would fear becoming popular on dA, head on over there yourself and you might find out why, with enough lurking. Better yet, read about deviantArt on ED and you're sure to learn a thing or two.
Ouch. You've my sympathy.

I lurk on DA some times, and yes. Being popular there can be a very bad thing.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I have a pretty blue name on an awesome, but slightly obscure, website. I'm a little proud of that. But yeah, that's it. I'd like to do some reviews, but I just don't play enough games. Maybe this holiday?

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
I write stories online and get a pretty decent amount of readers and responses back for them. It's not much, but it still brightens my day when people on a different site ask me if I'm the author from the first site. Or ask to draw my work. Or anything of that sort. *shrug* That and my photography are all I got to my internet name, really. xD

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
I recently started working on a small Let's Play channel called GamersWorldHub, where I host other people's LP's from all around the globe and of course do my own. I have close to no followers yet, though, which is understandable. All due in time and I mostly do them for fun anyway, so whatever. I dont care.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I doubt anything has made me internet famous.

I'm just an internet deviant really. I check out content and occasionally comment, but i doubt anyone really pays much attention to me.

And i like it like that 'cause it means i don't get caught up in pointless flame wars :D

EDIT: I've got 1111 posts! Pay attention to that anyone who wants xD

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I'm the ruler of the world.
Yep, that's me.

Not to internet famous, i like people to think that they have free-will.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
I've always been in the shadows of everyones attention, no one usually notices me, and I'm fine with that.

I've been quoted here on the Escapist a few time but not too often.

I'm actually quite content being under everyones radar, for I'm not a very social person. I have no Facebook or Twitter accounts and I plan on never joining, because I would rather be in the shadows than in the spotlight (for the light burns me).

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Nothing. And I like it that way.

I still occasionally run google queries on my name, to check whether anything private is published anywhere.