How do you react to being hit on/checked out?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
AbstractJuggler said:
Guys or gals, I take it as a compliment. Unless it's a creepy old dude taking pictures of me in a Belgian war museum when I'm 15. That was... disconcerting.
That's creepy. Although... I'd say I can top that given that when I was about 11 or 12 I had a man who looked to be in his mid-30's at the very least come up to me and say these exact lines:
"If you want romance, honey, you don't have to read about it..."

I should point out, to give a bit of context, that I was looking through books at a market stall. (Science fiction books incedentally, but the romance novels were adjacent to them.).

Ugh. Well... The fact that I still remember his exact words so many years later speaks for itself I think. XD

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
Had two girls whistle and make catcalls at me once whenever I passed them at work. With a tight white t-shirt and sweaty from work, I guess in hindsight I understand... :p
I was flabbergasted at the time though, wondering who they were whistling at first. Then I had not the slightest idea how to act...but I did leave work with a smile.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Miyenne said:
5ilver said:
The guy in your example wasn't annoyed because you found him attractive, he was annoyed because you were overstepping your boundaries (fat people are not allowed to feel sexual attraction).
I really hope you're being facetious there. Otherwise you're missing out on a lot of great sex.
He more than likely is joking, but you are rather wrong. The 'sex with fat people is great' thing is only said or believed by either a) fat people or b) people who happen to have a fetish for or are otherwise attracted to fat people more so than others.

I am neither, but have had sex with both fat and non fat, and while a slightly heavy girl who's not at an unhealthy level of fatness can perform on par with anyone else, it gets worse the fatter they are and there is nothing about fat sex that puts it above that of a fit person. The increased endurance and mobility of someone in good shape makes all the difference. Plus, all the fat can, quite simply, get in the way or the holes in many positions and it's a pain.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
terror. I'm a transgirl, and despite passing i've never been hit on. ever. i'm 28 and never even been flirted with. :/

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's happened twice to me, that I was aware of.

The first time, I passed a fella, and turned to check him out-- to see that he'd done the same thing at the same time. We passed a quick smile and continued on our ways. I met him again briefly later, but fucked it up and didn't make a move.

I'd consider it a great compliment, regardless of who the attention was coming from.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
I have been, I think, but didn't realize it at the time. Anyway, I could care less, and that is probably why I didn't realize it at the time.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Miyenne said:
So I was just out grocery shopping when at the deli counter I ended up waiting my turn behind two rather attractive men. Being a woman with a pulse, I checked them out.

A few isles later I ran into one. I gave him a once over again which he obviously noted, and he laughed. Not an awkward "Oh, she's checking me out, what do I do?" laugh or a "I'm flattered" laugh, but a derisive snort that said "Who does she think she is?". Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I can't find men attractive and make it known.

I was rather annoyed. Why be annoyed that someone finds you attractive? It's not like I grabbed his shirt and begged him to date me or sleep with me, I was just enjoying looking at him with no expectations whatsoever.

The other guy had given me a nice, warm smile and went on his way. He got it.

If I get hit on or checked out I usually just say thank you and that's that. If I even realise that's what's happening, as it's rather rare for me to be hit on.

So how do you guys handle situations like that?
I usually stay away from the strong opinion crowd but those guys are retards. I would have been flattered myself.;)

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
I have never had this happen. Or at least I've never noticed it.

I'd probably be really awkward and distressed.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
It depends on whether or not I find the person hitting on me attractive. The more attractive they are to me, the more nervous I become. I try desperately to play it cool, and sometimes I'll even manage to flirt back, but the majority of the time I will giggle like an idiot. This naturally turns the person hitting on me off, because I have demonstrated I have the characteristics of a schoolgirl, and then I get a little depressed.

If, however, I do not find the person attractive, one of two things will happen. I will either feel flattered and comfortable enough to flirt back for fun, or I'll panic and desperately try to dig my way out of the situation. I've been hit on in bars and had to leave because I simply couldn't face the guy.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Really, I wouldn't know... I'm so dense light bends around me.
Also, I don't have a pulse. But I have a pulse rifle! *PEW PEW*

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
latiasracer said:
RED ALERT!

SHIELDS UP!

I can honestly say i would not expect it, so i would probably activate defensive mode and run away like a startled deer.

Captcha: "Which does a vegetarian eat?" No joke, a Kitten is an option
Yeppp, my rival (Its a uni sports team thing) started flirting with me, we got together when drunk and then she kept flirting with me. Only I'm REALLY awkward about this stuff when sober. It's horrible. Now that I've gotten over that and what to return the interest, I've taken too long and she's moved on. Go me.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Quite honestly, it feels a little weird. Probably due to the fact that growing up, I never even considered myself to be an "good-looking guy", so when I hit a certain age and girls started flirting with me and finding me attractive, I felt a little uncomfortable because it was something completely foreign to me. Well, that is, when I finally understood that girls were hitting on me. I'm so socially obtuse that it took a couple years of girls chatting me up, me just being friendly, then someone comes over to me to tell me that said person was flirting for me to understand that many girls who randomly approach me to talk aren't just being friendly...[footnote]I apologize for the run-on sentence...[/footnote]

Also, considering many girls who crush on me are significantly younger than I am, it does get a little awkward. Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered, but working at a camp and having a bunch of middle school girls swooning over me because I "look like David Tennant" is a bit... uncomfortable (that actually happened two weeks ago).

However, all in all, I've learned just to take it as a compliment, regardless of who it's from.

Yes, I've been hit on and told that I'm a good looking guy so many times that I've almost started believing it :p

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
I'm a decent looking fellow (when I try), and well built. A bit thin perhaps, but I'm fit as fuck. However, I'm very short (and no, not in that way) and that's pretty much the worst thing you can be when trying to impress the ladies. They hate shorties.

Anyhow, I'm only saying this to point out that girls don't hit on me all that often (in a serious way, at least - I seem to draw a lot of friendly flirting, for whatever reason) but they'll still consider me attractive, so I'm alright so long as I'm the one taking the initiative. Something that took me until my late teens to figure out, but hey.

The only time it has happened in recent memory, and I was delighted. Chatting up girls (read: pretending you're funny and interesting) is tough. I saw it as having my job done for me. I pretty much just invited her to my room and that was that.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
If it sounds genuine I'm too introverted IRL to say more than 'Thank you' if even that, if its not, I go about my business.