How do you react to being hit on/checked out?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
My normal response is to blush, avoid eye contact, and laugh like a giddy nervous school girl.

...Said response may be a good indicator as to my track record with the opposite sex.

funkyjiveturkey

Jan 18, 2013
Being the gangly awkward kid no woman would talk to in high school, i'm both flattered and put off at the same time. I'm flattered because i never really considered myself attractive to the opposite sex, and frankly i love the attention. But at the same time i'm in a committed relationship with a woman i would never dream of leaving or cheating on, we've been together a long time so whenever i mentioned that to a girl who's hitting on me and they continue, that lowers my overall opinion of them and just makes me want to not talk to them at all.

like i say, i like the attention, but that's all.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I don't particularly like being hit on or stared at by perfect strangers, so frankly when someone I don't know hits on me I tend to roll my eyes, react with amused scorn, or glare. When someone I do know hits on me, I give them an odd look and ignore it, being uninterested in sex or relationships.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
My normal reaction is to not react, allegedly I've been hit on multiple times in the past yet am so dense I completely failed to notice. A shame really, some one expressing interest in me would be really quite good for my self-esteem.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
Miyenne said:
I wasn't staring at him with my mouth hanging open or anything either, just the cocked head and silly smile I get when I let my imagination wander for a second. I suppose someone could possibly find it offensive, but I seriously doubt I'm creepy. I'm too cute for that.
One is never "too cute" to be creepy. It doesn't matter how attractive one is or isn't, different people have different comfort zones.

Ungenericteen

Feb 1, 2010
I demand proof, and/or walk away and turtle up. This comes from a paranoid idea that anyone hitting on me is actually a setup for some awful prank, because the last time I believed it I was pranked.
When guys hit on me I tend to either laugh it off, or ignore it.
The social skills of a mollusk

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
From a stranger it would creep me out.

It was rude of him to act like 'in your dreams' but then it was also rude of you to visibly perv on him. Even stevens.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
I feel flattered most of the time, my self confidence is rather low due to three years of being put down by a girl that I had this amorous obsession with.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Queen Michael said:
I'm always grateful for whatever attention I can get.
I love you.

OT: Run away like a frightened platypus. Those feminist demons are obviously trying to steal my sexual appeal and then convert it into some kind of feminist energy to rule over the world.

Apr 8, 2010
Apparently I can be charming enough to make up for my average looks which led to me being "checked out" by four women in the last three years....despite me never actively looking for anything, me giving two shits about sex or me never going to the usual places people use for that kind of stuff. It just turns out my genuine interest in what they have to say seems to be mistaken as "interest" in some regards or they were too desperate.

Either way, every time the situation did not lend itself easily to a conclusion due to situational factors nor could I bring myself to be interested in pursuing something more. Because, well, I was never really attracted to someone in particular and I'm really fucked up when it comes to sexual interests or emotional bonds. So at the very end of the day, I react with confusion because I simply do not know what to make of it and supposedly send something that people would call "mixed signals" or somesuch which makes things remarkably awkward in the long run. Also factor in that I'am pretty bad at spotting those instances, too so the aforementioned four were....errr....pretty obvious examples and I'm also a generally very awkward person in many instances too....

Or in other words: hilarity for everyone else ensues.

Now something else I felt the need to comment on,

80sboy said:
FizzyIzze said:
The few times women hit on me I felt overwhelmed with pity for them. And as Jim Jeffries said, "There's nothing worse you can give anyone in this world than pity."
That's the worse inhuman lines I've ever heard in my life. Do you even know the definition of pity?
From what I know, Fizzy isn't really the type of person you make him out to be and, well, what he meant with that sentence can be read in a wholly different way. Might want to cut him some slack is what I'm saying.

FurinKazanNZ

Dec 30, 2009
I wish I knew ;_;

I'd probably get confused and frightened and just ignore it. That or convince myself that I'm mistaken, or maybe that they just think I look funny, or that they aren't being serious and are just goofing around in front of friends.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
80sboy said:
That's the worse inhuman lines I've ever heard in my life. Do you even know the definition of pity?
You ever seen Jim Jeffries do stand up?
I'd recommend checking him out, particularly the bit in question, before judging.
I think you've misinterpreted.

OT:
With suspicion.
"What are they trying to steal from me" I might think.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Freeze up, and hope to GOD they don't approach me. Why? I already know how it'll go.
They'll be all

"Hey, man, I'm from the Kuiper Belt, would you be adverse to some exploratory probing? For science, of course."

And I'd just, I'd have no idea what to say to that. No, I like to play it safe.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I don't mind. Flattered I guess, but it varies depending whether or not I'm interested.
If it's repeated flirting from the same person it's a bit different, for example I'm pretty sure one of my friends has been coming on to me, if I can determine whether I'm correct in that belief I may try to make something of it, since I'm into him myself.
On the other hand, one of my managers at work has been flirting pretty overtly for a while, and while it was flattering at first it's getting a bit much, bordering on sexual harrassment, so I may ask her to cut it out. Politely.

Psycomantis777

Apr 24, 2012
A lady friend of mine -that is, friend who is female- once told me I'm her most attractive male friend and has at different times stated I have a nice rear. At the time I was kind of flattered, if not confused since, well, they're not 'into' me, really. When people do compliment my form, I usually accept it as flattering. Then again, the only people who ever hit on me are usually much older than me and mistakenly think I'm much older so... sometimes it's scary...

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Well, normally I don't expect it and I know it has almost nothing to do with physical attraction, but I've been pretty hurt before so whenever a woman shows me any kind of attention that is more than looking my way for a second as I stare at them on the bus, I pretty much go into DEFCON 1 mode.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
i wouldn't notice it.
i probably wouldn't notice anything less then the woman in question walking up to me and kissing me.
and considering it's more likely i would win a lottery i didn't even enter i haven't paid it much thought beyond that.

Darkbladex96

Jan 25, 2011
I wear my happiness on my sleeve so when women check me out I grin from ear to ear. Ive been told that its super cute.