How do you take being beat by a girl On games?

Spectral Dragon

Jun 14, 2011
Xzithelost said:
Now i play Alot of TF2 over 2000 hours And I use my real name as my online ID (Zoey)
And of course i get the Blah blah blah Your a Fat guy Acting like a girl And i never respond to people when they ask me my Gender But i wanna know how you feel if you get better by a girl gamer and know it's a "Girl" For sure.
And usually When i beat people they try and add me and Kiss my arse F**k sake i know real life girls are scary but jeez :3

Captcha: Which one is yellow?
Zoey... That name rings a bell. Do you have special weapons too, like standard bazooka being named "Zoey's slender tube" and the Direct hit named "Fuck you heavy"?

If so, you've beaten me. Or... More like rubbed my face in the dirt. DAMN good player.

But no, gender doesn't matter. Nor does anything else, really. I could fight against Obama, a jellyfish, or a bottle of Irn Bru. Doesn't matter as long as the fight is FUN. :D

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Well, it's simple.

I say "Good game" and go about my day. I ***** and moan until they leave the server. That's enough of a victory for me. :D

[sub][sub][sub][sub]That was sarcasm, by the way.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

...or was it?

Also, OP, your avatar is adorable.

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
I don't care one way or the other; I don't like getting beaten but the gender of who beat me isn't a thing I care about.

However I know it is for a lot of males out there. One reason it isn't for me could be that I was introduced to gaming by a next door neighbor who was of the female persuasion. She had a NES and a good (for the time) PC. So I got to play her games and learn from her. She was always better than me and, in retrospect, I probably thought of her as a gaming guru (she was also 1 and a half years older; which was a big deal when you weren't in high school). So I didn't grow up with the idea that being beaten by a girl in video games is even a thing.

I think it says a lot about our cultural attitudes to gender that there are still reactions from Males when they get beating my a Female.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Don't care. Games are about skill, eye coordination and reflexes. So whats the big deal? They can easily be better at games than i am and vice versa. Like with Rockband, i so suck at that as i have no coordination and keep pressing the wrong keys but i know a 12 year old that can play the tracks on hard mode.

Only time to be embarrassed when a girl beats you is if she is carrying a heavier load than you. :)To be honest its just pathetic to moan about it, just congratulate them on their skill and try and increase your own skill as well.

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
I wouldn't know, I mute everyone when I enter a match and assume that everyone is male.

Makes things nice and simple.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I don't really care. Gaming isn't just a male hobby, and it's about time the gaming community grew the fuck up and realized that girls play too.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Same as when I get beaten by anyone else; I get slightly disheartened, then decide I'm going to kick their ass and make them my target next life/round and hunt them down until I finally beat them, or they're no longer in the game/online/W.E
If they've got rediculous amounts more experience than I do, and I can't make that up, then I'll give up though. 2000 hours... WTF, I'm lucky to spend that on the games I really love. Maybe if you counted my time in modding programs it would add up to a bit more, but still...

TheCinnamonBun

Oct 12, 2012
I dont really care, because 1. im not sexist and 2. i dont get a raging boner when im playing against a girl like all the 15 years old seem to do...

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Meh, women are human too. I treat them like humans. I am humble in defeat and victory.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I'd be positively elated if I found out some girl over the internet beat me. Heck, that's such a rare occasion I'll break out the expensive malt and pour her a glass.

It's uncommon enough just rolling up an occasion where I'm playing with a random girl over the internet. Getting one that's consistently better than me to the point she's wearing my buttocks like a hat would be pretty refreshing experience for a change.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
GeneralBob said:
I usually never know
Same here due to the number of girls who actually use their mics on XBL. Hell, the general number of people I see actually using their mics is pretty low and like 75% of the people who do use them are either squeakers or douchebags. Or both.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I say to myself:
"A girl beat me at a video game? Cool. More girls should play video games."

Captcha: lardy dardy -I chuckled at this. It's probably the silliest captcha I've ever seen.

vasiD

Oct 28, 2012
The same way I take being beat by a guy? Only possibly followed up with some light flirting.

Sexism is retarded. I wouldn't view girls differently in any way if they weren't so damn sexy, I mean it's not like they're some other species. In fact I'd often give women the leg up in matters of metal ability for the majority. The only reason I can imagine male gamers getting bent out of shape by female gamers beating them is some kind of insecurity resulting in rage as a reaction to embarrassment, but that's just stupid because it's a fucking game. That would be like me meeting a girl in a bar and getting pissed off when she beats me at air hockey. Hell, that has happened to me, and rather than feeling even slightly embarrassed I used it as a situation to joke and flirt and ended up dating that girl possibly as a result.

I think what this all boils down to, more than a sexism thing, is a poor sportsmanship thing. I mean simply put most gamers are fucking terrible sports, from rage quitting to pointlessly swearing, to booting people. Gamers online act like spoiled children, even when they are full grown adults, and it's just a shame as it makes online gaming less enjoyable.

vasiD

Oct 28, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
I am usually happy about it! *Girl Power!!*

Much better than a racist homophobic 16 year old boy beating me.
Well spoken. When a 16 year old little shit kills me and calls me a '******' I will spend the rest of the match hunting him. When a girl gets off a head shot on me and says 'Yes!' or something of the such into her mic I'll smile and carry on.

Hira

Oct 17, 2010
Rarely play videogames against others. Also rarely lose when I do. But when I do, it's oddly enough to women.
I really only hang out with people that play loads of games. Among all of those... A somewhat older woman is the best WoW raider I know, a friend is really good at Halo-esque shooters, my sister is my only real competition at fighting games, and my mom is nigh invincible at Mario Kart, of all things.
Does it bother me? Not in the least, they're my favorite opponents. I don't see them nearly as much as most my other friends, though. Quite frankly, I'd wish half of my male friends would become as good as them.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
What does that even mean? I take it like any other loss. Rage, anger, and lots of pretzels. Gender really doesn't matter.