How would you Change the canon?

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
I would change Twilight so that it was never written.

I think that'd be a significant improvement for all of us, don't you?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Pile up everything that went out after 1st edition.
Burn it.
Burn it...
BURN HERETIC !
Ahem...

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Shadowstar38 said:
Dragon Ball Z
-I'd change everything after the Cell saga so that Gohan is actually a decent fighter and can replace the older guys, instead of Goku coming to save the day for the 100th time.
Gohan is a completely good fighter after the Cell saga. Especially as "Ultimate Gohan", he just isn't as strong as his father since, of course, Goku is pure Sayain.

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Not even 64!? That was the one fan's obsess over!
Man, how I hate, absolutely HATE the voices in StarFox 64. They made Slippy sound like a little boy, and Peppy like an old geezer. The SNES' gibberish had more personality rather than that!

Also, the comic had that gritty vibe... makes me wonder, what if they handed the series to the Wing Commander people? Just imagine StarFox as a cinematic, semi-realistic space simulator! Now that'd be something interesting to see, not turning it into friggin' Zelda-lite.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Dr Jones said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Dragon Ball Z
-I'd change everything after the Cell saga so that Gohan is actually a decent fighter and can replace the older guys, instead of Goku coming to save the day for the 100th time.
Gohan is a completely good fighter after the Cell saga. Especially as "Ultimate Gohan", he just isn't as strong as his father since, of course, Goku is pure Sayain.
But Goku said the reason he let Gohan fight Cell was because Gohan was stronger than him. (Nerd Rage)(plot hole)

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Kingdom Hearts:
Make it so that 358/2 Days NEVER EVER HAPPENED. EVER.

Metal Gear Solid:
In Peace Walker,
Instead of the MSF's base being intact and them still having a Metal Gear, the nuclear strike should have continued, destroying the base and the Metal Gear, as well as killing most of the troops. This would give Big Boss an ACTUAL FUCKING REASON for building Outer Heaven in South America and constructing a new Metal Gear, which wouldn't be fully operational in time to stop Solid Snake.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
spartan231490 said:
Sword of Truth series is my favorite. Canon changes? I honestly really fucking like the canon the way it is, but let me think about it for a second. I would make the unwritten rule known for sure, not leave it quasi ambiguous. Oh, and
I wouldn't kill off Warren

The second one is actually the one I would do first. Oh, and fitch the character would pretty much just cease to exist. God he was annoying as fuck.

I agree with your spoiler tagged one. Only character who looks at things rationally. I just finished that book. Waiting for the person who got me into he series to find the next book so I can start reading again. Hate it when people drag ass like that.

Fitch wasn't nearly annoying as Nicci in that book IMO. I literally wanted her to just get stabbed.

For my choice in the Warhammer 40K book Eisenhorn. I would make it so Ravenor didn't get melted by the fire. I mean who can take a talking floating chair seriously?

Also Dragonlance. How all the gods died, and that stupid ***** Mina came in. It ruined Krynn for me. I didn't read past the first book with Mina.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
MLP: FIM
- Let Discord escape. MLP doesnt have enough good villains and they change the best one to stone. I call bullcrap.
Hey, there's still hope. After all, Discord remaining trapped in stone forever would make sense.

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
In the Star Wars expanded universe I'd completely erase the storylines involving the Emperor coming back in cloned bodies. It just completely misses the point of Episode 6.

Can't thinktf any other changes I'd make to anything.

EDIT: I'd also get rid of any EU material about Boba Fett. The guy's not a demigod, he's just a normal bounty hunter who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And, Jar Jar Binks, he is the only issue I have with the prequels, I don't necessarily want him gone, just toned down... a lot.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
ntw3001 said:
Star Wars: The reason there was a garbage monster on the Death Star was because Nute Gunray wanted it there. 'Can we have a, uh, garbage monster?' Yes Nute, fine. We'll have a garbage monster.
I would love to know what the audio commentary would be for that scene...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Haven't seen you in ages AgDr_ODST. Nice to see you back!

On topic, I'd love to have Boba Fett become rogue and have his fate open-ended. By that, I mean escaping or being forced to run away. I know he survives in the EU but on the film, it was damn stupid that he got defeated by a half-blind Han Solo.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Legend of Zelda: Make it absolutely clear that there is no timeline, these are all alternate universes that have nothing to do with each other. Some people need to stop trying to solve this impossible puzzle and do something useful with their lives.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Elder Scrolls has the ultra-derpy Warp in the West.

You know what the Warp in the West is?

At the end of Daggerfall, you could get very different endings based on who got control of a certain artifact. When it came to lore expansion, they had difficulties picking one ending as canon.

SO THEY PICKED ALL OF THEM.

Seriously. EVERY SINGLE FACTION received the SAME artifact ALL AT THE SAME TIME. And they had the most epic and stupid power struggle ever that ended with... FORTY SEVEN COUNTRIES BEING EATEN BY THREE OTHERS. Oh, and a necromancer became God and vanished.

I'd change it to literally anything else, really.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
warrcry13 said:
spartan231490 said:
Sword of Truth series is my favorite. Canon changes? I honestly really fucking like the canon the way it is, but let me think about it for a second. I would make the unwritten rule known for sure, not leave it quasi ambiguous. Oh, and
I wouldn't kill off Warren

The second one is actually the one I would do first. Oh, and fitch the character would pretty much just cease to exist. God he was annoying as fuck.

I agree with your spoiler tagged one. Only character who looks at things rationally. I just finished that book. Waiting for the person who got me into he series to find the next book so I can start reading again. Hate it when people drag ass like that.

Fitch wasn't nearly annoying as Nicci in that book IMO. I literally wanted her to just get stabbed.

For my choice in the Warhammer 40K book Eisenhorn. I would make it so Ravenor didn't get melted by the fire. I mean who can take a talking floating chair seriously?

Also Dragonlance. How all the gods died, and that stupid ***** Mina came in. It ruined Krynn for me. I didn't read past the first book with Mina.
Pretty much all the main characters look at things rationally, that's kinda the point. And yes, Nicci was really irritating in that book as well, but I had a bigger issue with Fitch.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Idsertian said:
I would change GLaDOS' appearance in either Portal or Portal 2 to match up across the board, as well as explaining how she managed to suddenly become intact again after being totally ripped apart at the end of the first game. It bothers me.
If you paid attention, you saw her dragging an old GLaDoS core from a corner as you pass out. She rebuilt herself.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
other things (while they really arent technically 'canon changes') would be allowing player choice in the beginning of Read Dead Redemption's final act so that we can whether John marches to certain death out the barn door or flees with his family.
I had a rifle with enough bullets to kill everyone outside the barn. What I would've loved to do (and thought I could) was target everyone's faces and kill them all in two seconds, then ride off into the sunset.