I just finished fallout New vegas.....wow

DocAscii

Jul 30, 2009
I don't know if it's just me, but this is the first game that really felt like there were no obvious choices. Usually you choose light side or dark side, red vs blue, a pair of pigeonhole stereotypes that you can play out some philosophy to an extreme and then another. This was different because not only were the two major factions hard to pin down, but most of the smaller factions were too. I really enjoyed playing out both main lines, and genuinely struggled with what to do with Mr. House.

Somehow, I managed to go through both times missing recruiting Veronica which I deeply regret. Felicia Day is such a cutie.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Ok, considering this is about endings -

Getting all the 'optional' factions to side with the NCR brings about the best ending by way of having them essentially free to operate under NCR rule, with law and order returning.

Caesar's Legion with Caesar alive is a 50/50.
Harsh, but safe.
Caesar's Legion with Caesar dead is bad. Really bad. Really very quite bad.

Independant is just rubbish and makes no sense. Surely having all the factions allied to you and eliminating all the 'evil' aspects (such as the cannibals and stopping the attacks by the Omatas) should create a more stable NV, but apparently not.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Ultratwinkie said:
sigh. ghouls have sex, and so do supermutants. This isn't fallout 3, the master's army HAS penises and vaginas. This is the real deal FEV, not the ameteur hour of fallout 3. Fallout 3 isn't even an example of actual fallout lore, as it shits all over it.
Have you played Fallout 1? Because it was a major plot point in it.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Vendur said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:
Kortney said:
Axolotl said:
Kortney said:
Vendur said:
I'm just glad I didn't find out boone was gay or bisexual by the end of the game like every other character.
Every other character? There is one gay character and one possibly bisexual character. Bit of an over exaggeration?
Of the three companions I've met so far two have been gay (not counting the robots obviously). Now that's a fairly high rate compared to most games.
There are nine humanoid companions in NV and DM. Three aren't heterosexual.

That is actually pretty spot on with real life ratios. Are you implying we should condemn games for this, or are you just making an observation?
9 humanoid companions?
Lily -- asexual
Ghoul dude forgot his name -- ghouls don't have sexual functions
Cassidy -- Bi
Whatever the stupid knight girl's name is -- bi or gay
Arcade -- gay
Boone-- is the only guy who is straight who actually has some kind of sexual function.

That's only 6. Who are the other "humanoid" companions? Oh, you said DM. So I have to by DLC to get anything even remotely normal chatacters?
sigh. ghouls have sex, and so do supermutants. This isn't fallout 3, the master's army HAS penises and vaginas. This is the real deal FEV, not the ameteur hour of fallout 3. Fallout 3 isn't even an example of actual fallout lore, as it shits all over it.
Sorry, lore is lore. You don't get to make it up. Supermutants are asexual and ghouls have no sexual desires/hormones. the end. Super mutant and ghouls have no sexuality at all, it's a non starter. Neither can be gay or straight.

I really don't care about the DM DLC either. I didn't buy it, nor intend to.
Fallout 1 and fallout 2. FEMALE SUPER MUTANTS in fallout 2. Marcus had sex with a hooker. Ghoul hooker in atomic wrangler. As i said, this is the MASTER'S ARMY using PERFECT FEV and NOT THE DC WASTELAND TAINTED FEV.
Oh, so you got to watch marcus have sex, huh? didn't think so. Sorry, you don't get to make up lore to prop up a bogus strawman argument.
Even IF they're asexual, it doesn't mean they can't have or enjoy sex, you know.

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
Axolotl said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Have you played Fallout 1? Because it was a major plot point in it.
The major plot point of FO 1 was that Super Mutants were sterile. The whole reason why the Master wanted to turn people into Super Mutants was to save the human race from extinction. If the Master knew from the start that Super Mutants couldn't reproduce then he wouldn't have gone through with the plan.

Chris8016

Jan 20, 2010
MasterOfWorlds said:
I just didn't get as in to it as I did Fallout 3 for some reason.
For me, I know the reason, the game is so riddled with bugs that it has become unplayable for me. With quests just getting stuck and certain dialogues not running as they're supposed to. Its become a chore to play. I wanted to enjoy it, I really did, but F:NV is one of the worst made games ever (though not one of the worst games ever made).

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Vendur said:
Marcus himself says they are asexual. isn't he a west coaster?

Looks more like some fan zealots trying to retcon. Not happening. I actually played the games.
I ask again though, what's it really matter in the long run? Like I said, the game doesn't include romance so the sexuality of the companions is pretty much irrelevant. They literally consist of one line of dialogue so you can't claim their sexuality was really pushed on you. What else is there to make you dislike it?

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Vault101 said:
Acctually I feel like Ive finished it several times having to redo certain parts for what ever reason

I actually found that.....kind of emotional, especially since it gives you an epilogue about your companions

Im left with the feeling of not being sure If I made the right desicions but I think thats the Idea, I know there would be sacrifices what ever option you chose

I went independant no legion no NCR

yeah great game, will require another playthrough (but not in a long long time)
Exactly. Personally i chose the NCR. They do too much good to be ruled out for petty corruption. Corruption is inevitable, even among the legion.
House is incorruptable! For humanities sake, he is the optimal choice, the best choice. Not ethicly, but for our survival! ;)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
GeneralSeasick said:
Fallout: New Vegas is awesome!

I just wish there were some more followers that didn't say,

"Oh, you support Caesar? WELL THEN I'M NOT GONNA FOLLOW YOU ANYMORE!"
this! this a million times.
I want to be a baddy, can't I have some company?!