I just uninstalled Skyrim

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Cool Story Bro.

What? That's honestly all I can say to this. OKAY, You uninstalled the game because you thought it was shit. So what? Who the fuck cares, honestly?

Not trying to be mean or anything, but why parade on about how you didn't like it and how you uninstalled it here? Sure, it's a matter of opinion, but honestly, do you think we care that you decided to uninstall it because it's not a good game in your opinion?

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

This game literally has been one of the most miserable gaming experiences of my life. I was 'lucky' enough to be able to play it a few days before it came out (the PS3 version was already being sold here, and my friend had bought it). I saw the preposterously bad NPC-character animations, the same weightless ragdoll physics, the same pointless and consequence-free gameplay and the same amount of bugs as Oblivion's. I went on this forum to downplay people's INSANE expectations, and got 10+ pages of people calling me a troll and flaming me to death.

From that day forward, I could only see the game's flaws. I couldn't enjoy it. I played through the main story once, did pretty much everything else with another character, but all I felt throughout playing the game was hatred. Nothing I did mattered, because the only consequence ANY of your actions have is sometimes hearing a guard say one fucking other line than 'arrow to the knee'. Now, some people play an Elder Scrolls game as some kind of playground. They don't care. They just download mods and dick around in the world for hundreds of hours, throwing chickens at bystanders and whatnot. Fine. Other people would like an immersive RPG experience, which Bethesda is still unable to provide in any way, since every NPC still acts like a lobotomized robot.

I then proceeded to download the child killing mod and the 'set every NPC to non-essential' mod, since I wanted to be able to go Morrowind on the game's ass. Cause, you have to admit, setting pretty much half of the game's NPCs to essential was just bullshit. I mean, for fuck's sakes, you couldn't even kill most of the beggars. I then literally killed off all of Skyrim's population systematically. This helped deal with my frustration with them not acting like proper NPCs. At least when they were dead they didn't annoy me. But now I'm done, and the game is gone.

I hope I forget about Skyrim, the biggest load of shit I have ever had on my harddrive.

EDIT: Also, enough with the 'so you didn't like it big deal don't make a thread about it'. Shut up.

This is a forum for gaming discussion. I disliked a game and I stated my reasons. I wanted to write this thread because I was frustrated with the game, and after posting it, I felt better. This had led to a discussion.

How about I turn your own weapons against you: if you don't want to read about people having a negative opinion on a game you like, don't click those threads and don't reply. This point is as moot as yours.

I'm not telling you that if you like this game you are wrong, dumb, or anything along those lines. I didn't like this game because of above reasons. If you liked it, I'm happy for you, since you're having fun. If you read more into this post and feel personally attacked, lay off the caffeine.
I would like to know why you kept playing a game you hated so much, I would like to know why you go out of your way to make these feelings known to this community.

I suggest you talk to friends and family about this issue you have, forcing yourself to do something that is clearly marked for enjoyment but doing it while you hate it, with as much disdain as you have posted on here seems to hint at a deeper problem.

I would hope you please go see someone about this problem soon.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

This game literally has been one of the most miserable gaming experiences of my life. I was 'lucky' enough to be able to play it a few days before it came out (the PS3 version was already being sold here, and my friend had bought it). I saw the preposterously bad NPC-character animations, the same weightless ragdoll physics, the same pointless and consequence-free gameplay and the same amount of bugs as Oblivion's. I went on this forum to downplay people's INSANE expectations, and got 10+ pages of people calling me a troll and flaming me to death.

From that day forward, I could only see the game's flaws. I couldn't enjoy it. I played through the main story once, did pretty much everything else with another character, but all I felt throughout playing the game was hatred. Nothing I did mattered, because the only consequence ANY of your actions have is sometimes hearing a guard say one fucking other line than 'arrow to the knee'. Now, some people play an Elder Scrolls game as some kind of playground. They don't care. They just download mods and dick around in the world for hundreds of hours, throwing chickens at bystanders and whatnot. Fine. Other people would like an immersive RPG experience, which Bethesda is still unable to provide in any way, since every NPC still acts like a lobotomized robot.

I then proceeded to download the child killing mod and the 'set every NPC to non-essential' mod, since I wanted to be able to go Morrowind on the game's ass. Cause, you have to admit, setting pretty much half of the game's NPCs to essential was just bullshit. I mean, for fuck's sakes, you couldn't even kill most of the beggars. I then literally killed off all of Skyrim's population systematically. This helped deal with my frustration with them not acting like proper NPCs. At least when they were dead they didn't annoy me. But now I'm done, and the game is gone.

I hope I forget about Skyrim, the biggest load of shit I have ever had on my harddrive.

EDIT: Also, enough with the 'so you didn't like it big deal don't make a thread about it'. Shut up.

This is a forum for gaming discussion. I disliked a game and I stated my reasons. I wanted to write this thread because I was frustrated with the game, and after posting it, I felt better. This had led to a discussion.

How about I turn your own weapons against you: if you don't want to read about people having a negative opinion on a game you like, don't click those threads and don't reply. This point is as moot as yours.

I'm not telling you that if you like this game you are wrong, dumb, or anything along those lines. I didn't like this game because of above reasons. If you liked it, I'm happy for you, since you're having fun. If you read more into this post and feel personally attacked, lay off the caffeine.
I would like to know why you kept playing a game you hated so much, I would like to know why you go out of your way to make these feelings known to this community.

I suggest you talk to friends and family about this issue you have, forcing yourself to do something that is clearly marked for enjoyment but doing it while you hate it, with as much disdain as you have posted on here seems to hint at a deeper problem.

Indeed there is a deeper problem, he can't his $60 back so he tries to get his moneys worth out of it. I feel the same way, I'd like to get my $60 back but the game industry has this scam going. No demo, no returns.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

Indeed there is a deeper problem, he can't his $60 back so he tries to get his moneys worth out of it. I feel the same way, I'd like to get my $60 back but the game industry has this scam going. No demo, no returns.
That indeed is a problem, but I am sure there are other venues to view the game aside from demos, renting watching lets plays which are high fashion these days, going over to a friends house to play it.

I will agree however that the no returns policy needs to be addressed, but until people start forming a group to lobby congress to take notice the scam will go on.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

That indeed is a problem, but I am sure there are other venues to view the game aside from demos, renting watching lets plays which are high fashion these days, going over to a friends house to play it.

I will agree however that the no returns policy needs to be addressed, but until people start forming a group to lobby congress to take notice the scam will go on.
Yes and reviewers should have been more honest about the bugs. Consumers can't buy politicians like the ESA can so the answer to the no demo, no returns problem for some is to download a full game trial.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

Yes and reviewers should have been more honest about the bugs. Consumers can't buy politicians like the ESA can so the answer to the no demo, no returns problem for some is to download a full game trial.
To the no returns policy? yes

To the paying 60 dollars on release date? no

if you cant hold out and wait and just have to have it now, then you run the risk of getting scammed, and that is no ones fault but your own.

If you go to a restaurant and pay for a meal, and you dont enjoy the meal, then make it a point to never go to that restaurant again.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

if you cant hold out and wait and just have to have it now, then you run the risk of getting scammed, and that is no ones fault but your own.

If you go to a restaurant and pay for a meal, and you dont enjoy the meal, then make it a point to never go to that restaurant again.
Crazy me, I thought if you scammed people, YOU were in the wrong. What WAS I thinking?

ETA: BTW, holding out and waiting wouldn't have helped if you were waiting for reviews, the reviewers weren't very honest either. How would one know by reviewers and watching videos, if the game will run on their PC. The specs for Oblivion weren't correct. I got burned on that one.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

Crazy me, I thought if you scammed people, YOU were in the wrong. What WAS I thinking?

ETA: BTW, holding out and waiting wouldn't have helped if you were waiting for reviews, the reviewers weren't very honest either. How would one know by reviewers and watching videos, if the game will run on their PC. The specs for Oblivion weren't correct. I got burned on that one.
Your assumption is "there is no way to know if this product is worth 60 dollars", the scammer is in the wrong for being a scammer, but you are also in the wrong for blindly following the scam.

If you got burned on Oblivion and still willingly gave money to Bethesda for another product as soon as it was released, then you learned nothing.

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

Your assumption is "there is no way to know if this product is worth 60 dollars", the scammer is in the wrong for being a scammer, but you are also in the wrong for blindly following the scam.

If you got burned on Oblivion and still willingly gave money to Bethesda for another product as soon as it was released, then you learned nothing.

Having been burned with Oblivion having inaccurate specs, I got the PS3 version. I even read that Bethesda said the PS3 runs just as well as the other versions. That was not true.

So....there we are.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

Having been burned with Oblivion having inaccurate specs, I got the PS3 version. I even read that Bethesda said the PS3 runs just as well as the other versions. That was not true.

So....there we are.
After being burned once, you still didnt wait?

The PS3 issue became well known in these forums, why didnt you wait?

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

So....there we are.

So let me see if I understand this. The specs on the box of Oblivion were wrong. My fault. I buy the PS3 version to avoid that this time around. My fault. Bethesda lies about the PS3 version running as well as the other versions. My fault.

See, this is why Bethesda gets away with releasing buggy games with no demo and no return policy. It's always the customers fault for buying it.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

So....there we are.

So let me see if I understand this. The specs on the box of Oblivion were wrong. My fault. I buy the PS3 version to avoid that this time around. My fault. Bethesda lies about the PS3 version running as well as the other versions. My fault.

See, this is why Bethesda gets away with releasing buggy games with no demo and no return policy. It's always the customers fault for buying it.
no, they get away with it because people like you keep buying them even though you have experienced this before.

You knew they sold buggy games since Oblivion, then there was Fallout 3, how could you not wait and see after being burned once and seeing just how buggy Fallout 3 was?

you cant play the victim card over and over again after knowingly buying a game on release date, when you have had terrible experiences with the company before.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

So....there we are.

no, they get away with it because people like you keep buying them even though you have experienced this before.

You knew they sold buggy games since Oblivion, then there was Fallout 3, how could you not wait and see after being burned once and seeing just how buggy Fallout 3 was?

you cant play the victim card over and over again after knowingly buying a game on release date, when you have had terrible experiences with the company before.
Learn to read ok.

The problem with Oblivion is that THE SPECS WERE WRONG. That's a PC only issue so to solve that I didn't buy the PC version this time. I bought the PS3 version. Depsite the poor performance of Fallout 3 and New Vegas on the PS3 Bethesda put out a FALSE statement that they were using a NEW engine (it's not new at all) and that this time around the PS3 version ran as well as the other versions.

So the mistake here was that I BELIEVED BETHESDA. That shouldn't have been a problem because they shouldn't have lied about the PS3 version.

Do you put ANY blame on Bethesda for lying and for putting out a game that wasn't ready to be released or is it all the foolish customers?

Tell you what, don't fuckin' answer. Go away!

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Duffeknol said:
BloodyThoughts said:
do you think we care that you decided to uninstall it because it's not a good game in your opinion?
This thread is 12 pages.
Perhaps "We" was not the best term to use, however if I used "I" instead of we, It'd make me seem like a self entitled twat-mouth.

In fact however I worded it was kinda lose-lose. I just kinda went an chose the lesser of two evils...
Or...
Whatever.

You know what I'm getting at(I hope).

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Crono1973 said:
boag said:
Duffeknol said:
And I feel nothing.

So....there we are.

Learn to read ok.

The problem with Oblivion is that THE SPECS WERE WRONG. That's a PC only issue so to solve that I didn't buy the PC version this time. I bought the PS3 version. Depsite the poor performance of Fallout 3 and New Vegas on the PS3 Bethesda put out a FALSE statement that they were using a NEW engine (it's not new at all) and that this time around the PS3 version ran as well as the other versions.

So the mistake here was that I BELIEVED BETHESDA. That shouldn't have been a problem because they shouldn't have lied about the PS3 version.

Do you put ANY blame on Bethesda for lying and for putting out a game that wasn't ready to be released or is it all the foolish customers?

Tell you what, don't fuckin' answer. Go away!
I do blame Bethesda for making a buggy game, but after seeing their last 4 releases, not expecting them to be buggy is completely your own fault.

This is why I havent bought nor played skyrim, because I knew there would be bugs in the release.

You should finally learn this lesson and not jump into the Day 1 release bandwagon, no one is going to think less of you for not having it.

Dante DiVongola

Jul 1, 2011
I never really bought into Skyrim. The reason why? Simply put, it's because the highest merit, that I count, is the fact that it's expansive and pretty...that's it. The fighting is the basically the same as the rest of Bethesda's recent games, which include a lot of backpedaling and aimlessly attacking your enemies while pausing to heal up or take something to remove a stat effect.

The dialogue and storyline reminds me a lot of a cheesy 80's movie, except without the bravado and machismo that made them awesome and they doubled-down on the cheese. And how dare people try to bring storyline elements up as an argument when the only things people ever talk about from it is 'Arrow to the knee' jabs to the ribs and 'Fus Ro Da'.

To be honest, Skyrim almost feels like the T.V. dad that the writers decided that it was time for him to have a midlife crisis. Sure, it's out there trying to merge some of the things the kids are into with dear ole dad's personality.In the end, it feels like it's desperately grasping to just be relevant. The rehashed elements of Bethesda's older games mixed in with the vast lands, biomes, and Fus Ro Das of Skyrim just aren't anywhere near enough to sucker me in.

If I wanted to grind, I'd either go to a club, grit my teeth or play an MMORPG. If I wanted to see dazzling landscapes in great detail, I'd go on a trip or watch some movies. If I wanted an interesting storyline, I'd read a novel or (once again) watch a movie. Skyrim is trying to mesh all of those elements together and allow a free world system. Just to give you a hint if you didn't get it already, it doesn't work! Anyone who still thinks that this is still a great game either has very low expectations in a game or hasn't been gaming very long.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Dante DiVongola said:
I never really bought into Skyrim. The reason why? Simply put, it's because the highest merit, that I count, is the fact that it's expansive and pretty...that's it. The fighting is the basically the same as the rest of Bethesda's recent games, which include a lot of backpedaling and aimlessly attacking your enemies while pausing to heal up or take something to remove a stat effect.

The dialogue and storyline reminds me a lot of a cheesy 80's movie, except without the bravado and machismo that made them awesome and they doubled-down on the cheese. And how dare people try to bring storyline elements up as an argument when the only things people ever talk about from it is 'Arrow to the knee' jabs to the ribs and 'Fus Ro Da'.

To be honest, Skyrim almost feels like the T.V. dad that the writers decided that it was time for him to have a midlife crisis. Sure, it's out there trying to merge some of the things the kids are into with dear ole dad's personality.In the end, it feels like it's desperately grasping to just be relevant. The rehashed elements of Bethesda's older games mixed in with the vast lands, biomes, and Fus Ro Das of Skyrim just aren't anywhere near enough to sucker me in.

If I wanted to grind, I'd either go to a club, grit my teeth or play an MMORPG. If I wanted to see dazzling landscapes in great detail, I'd go on a trip or watch some movies. If I wanted an interesting storyline, I'd read a novel or (once again) watch a movie. Skyrim is trying to mesh all of those elements together and allow a free world system. Just to give you a hint if you didn't get it already, it doesn't work! Anyone who still thinks that this is still a great game either has very low expectations in a game or hasn't been gaming very long.
You pretty much summed it up.

Skyrim caters to casuals, and thus, has little to no depth. What is disturbing is how people can criticize other games that cater to casuals (CoD) whilst praising Skyrim.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Dante DiVongola said:

Post of the thread.