Male 17
Playing video games
Hanging with friends
Surfing the net
That order, hope it works out for ya, good luck =D

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
25 male
- Hanging out with friends (which can also be watching tv, playing videogames, arts, music, DIY)
- Playing Video Games
- DIY (can be arts and crafts,music or hanging out with friends, or all of them)

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Short and too the point reply here = P
Hanging out with friends
Videogames
Books

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Disclaimer: despite the things I'm about to say, I'm not trying to attack the OP personally or anything, good chance part of what's wrong with this isn't even his fault.

this is very bad science....
1. your test group needs to be random. the escapist is a gaming website, so what kind of activity do you think you're going to find here?
2. the age groups aren't very good either, the class range is way too big. a 5 year old and a 13 year old do NOT spend their time the same way, so why are they in the same class?
3. you're researching the most popular types of recreation in the UK and then you stat that for the sake of the date you don't need to live in the UK? do I really need to point out why this is wrong?

Your data is going to be so contaminated you'll need a biohazard suit. whatever you get from this is going to be totally worthless.

I assume you also have to write a report on your research methods. Good luck explaining how the data you got from this is representational of the UK. what you probably should've done is send out questionnaires to random people in different parts of town and different parts of the country (you're measuring for the UK as a whole, not one town and you don't want your cases to be all from the same socio-economic class.
of course that wouldn't get you objective data either, since objective doesn't exist in social sciences, but it's a lot closer than what you're doing now.

sorry if I was a bit harsh on you, but that's the way it is if you ask me. best of luck with your project.

Basha

Apr 5, 2010
Male

1: Hanging out with friends
2: Video Games/Other, playing music
3: Sport and/or exercise

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Mackheath said:
1. Reading
2. Listening to music
3. Chat to friends
4. Browse the internet.

I'm male, incase the deadpan tone you are reading this in doesn't alert.
Because females can't talk in a dead pan tone. What's your age?

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Blah. Accidentally hit Quote instead of edit on my reply. Lol.

I also like Arts and Crafts. <.< Been trying write a poem if that's including in that. xD

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Floppertje said:
Disclaimer: despite the things I'm about to say, I'm not trying to attack the OP personally or anything, good chance part of what's wrong with this isn't even his fault.

this is very bad science....
1. your test group needs to be random. the escapist is a gaming website, so what kind of activity do you think you're going to find here?
2. the age groups aren't very good either, the class range is way too big. a 5 year old and a 13 year old do NOT spend their time the same way, so why are they in the same class?
3. you're researching the most popular types of recreation in the UK and then you stat that for the sake of the date you don't need to live in the UK? do I really need to point out why this is wrong?

Your data is going to be so contaminated you'll need a biohazard suit. whatever you get from this is going to be totally worthless.

I assume you also have to write a report on your research methods. Good luck explaining how the data you got from this is representational of the UK. what you probably should've done is send out questionnaires to random people in different parts of town and different parts of the country (you're measuring for the UK as a whole, not one town and you don't want your cases to be all from the same socio-economic class.
of course that wouldn't get you objective data either, since objective doesn't exist in social sciences, but it's a lot closer than what you're doing now.

sorry if I was a bit harsh on you, but that's the way it is if you ask me. best of luck with your project.
As I've stated before; I just need data. The data itself isn't important, but the methods which I collect it with and then how I display it is. The age groups were not my decision, the quote is an excerpt from my assignment and I agree that they're retarded. But the feedback like this is great, because if I can critique my work and suggest how to improve it it counts towards my final mark! Thanks!

Amberella said:
The Ultimate Female - 22

1. Playing Video Games
2. Reading
3. Surfing the Web
4. Shopping
5. Hanging out with Friends
6. Listening to Music

:))

Probably could have guessed mine though hun. xD
Thank you for your contribution darling.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Male, 19
1. Hanging out with friends
2. Playing video games/watching Let's Play's on Youtube
3. Browsing the internet

Or, y'know, any combination of the three.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Female 19

1. Listening to music
2. Playing video games
3. Reading

As long as you mention how these results are probably going to be rediculously biased there shouldn't be a problem with using them for your BTEC.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I'm male and seventeen.
Teh leisure activities I perferz:
1. Playing Video Games
2. Hanging out with friends
3. Browsing the Internet

Hope the data you collect helps.
[sub]and that this doesn't bite me in the arse in some way...[/sub]