If you could have one game remade what would it be?

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Oblivion, I'd make all the regions (Hammerfell, Blackmarsh, etc.) accessible and make it so that you can't be master of twenty different guilds. Also I'd make things in the stores worth a shit because I never bought anything in that game, I just looted people.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
On Topic: The first Zelda.
Off Topic: Yes I am a Zelda fan boy I have two t-shirts and a sweater...
If you want to play a remake of the first Zelda, by witch I mean a complete replica with better graphics, just play one of the other Zelda games. I'll bet that stings

On topic, it would have to be Okami. No, I don't want it redone now, I would want a remake after the Wii and DS die, so that it has a shot at being released on a console I own... and yes, I know how ironic this choice is after bashing the Zelda franchise.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
Spaceman_Spiff said:
xplay3r said:
randomrob said:
Spyro. The. Purple. Dragon. As i have said repeadetley my favourite game ever.
This, Tomba, I.Q. (THERE'S an obscure one fore yah. thirty points to anyone who can tell me more about the game and be right) or the crash bandicoot series....but don't screw up any of these canes like the did with the crash and spyro sequels (See crash of the titans and spyro the legend beings.)
Tomba was one of the best games ever, I played the demo on winter releases 98 so many times but I could only get to the part just after you get the animal dash.
OT: I'm up for any remake that wouldn't completely follow the originals story or gameplay ideas, I mean what's the point otherwise? e.g for FF7 they'd have to make it longer.
I agree, quirky, challenging, original, interesting...it was just really great. I wish they'd just remake it or make another. I'd hate for them to mess it up (though just to see a pink pony tail and green pants I'd be happy) but if they did it right it would be great. I loved the doors where you had to eat happy or sad mushrooms to get through.

p.s. they'd also have to have the catchy music!

Spaceman_Spiff

Apr 16, 2009
xplay3r said:
I agree, quirky, challenging, original, interesting...it was just really great. I wish they'd just remake it or make another. I'd hate for them to mess it up (though just to see a pink pony tail and green pants I'd be happy) but if they did it right it would be great. I loved the doors where you had to eat happy or sad mushrooms to get through.

There was a sequel that came out but I could never find it in any shops, this was a time when the internet was witchcraft to me.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
MaxTheReaper said:
PlaneScape: Torment.
Just find a used copy. A lot of the strength of that game is in the writing and storytelling, which would be difficult to show in a modern game.

I vote Alpha Centauri. Without the expansion, though (some of the new factions were ridiculously unblanced), and with better AI.

Keela

Aug 16, 2008
Old game: Kingdom Hearts. One of my favorite games ever, it sucked up most of my childhood and got me permanently hooked on games. MAKE THE CONSOLE SEQUEL ALREADY!!!!

New game: Darkest of Days. Shooting ancient warriors who have swords and shields with futuristic weaponry, as well as using weapons from time periods including the American Civil War and WW1. It sounded like the most fun rent-and-return game ever... and they wrecked it completely.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
wolfy098 said:
... urge to say FF7 but i know when it'll happen

OT: Katamari Damacy in EU!
Well we're getting a Katamari Forever PS3 release.

I'd love to see Destruction Derby HD released. All that's changed is online and split-screen multiplayer, and updated graphics engine. Everything else should stay as it is.

God I loved that game.

Monkeytacoz

Sep 22, 2009
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense, and not in the style of the crappy arcade re-make, but make it look and play good

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
Spaceman_Spiff said:
xplay3r said:

There was a sequel that came out but I could never find it in any shops, this was a time when the internet was witchcraft to me.
I remember playing that one to. It was a really good sequal acutally. They didn't change much, new weapons, challenges, characters, and enemys, but it was good and worth the cash. I was trying to dins the ROM's a few months back i found no such luck

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
A dead-tie between Morrowind, Populous: The Beginning, or Abe's Exoddus (though I'd rather a straight port of that).

OniSuika

Jul 11, 2009
Foggy_Fishburne said:
I would have T'ai Fu for the PS1 remade and re-released for the PS3. What a underappreciated game. T'ai Fu could kick most brawlers today. Fucking epic
Agreed.
MentalBakura said:
Hmm, hard to pick between these two:

Final Fantasy VI (as long as they didn't mess around with it too much, basically I want the game as it was, but with gorgeous current-gen 3D graphics)
Soul Reaver
Also agreed on both.

I'd probably choose FF6 if I could only choose one though.