I'm sorry, you have forfeited your right to complain.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Most of the characters in almost any horror film fall into this category.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
Pretty much mine is that you shouldn't complain about something unless you have something to actually base your complaint on.

An example someone gave before.. twilight. People hate it to death when they've never read the books or seen the film. Which is stupid... they're getting their opinion via info given to them from people who ALREADY hate it. Nice work there.

That said, I got dragged to the movie by the other half and I can absolutely say it is a compelte and utter waste of space. Terrible plot, far too emo and not at all entertaining. But I can say that, cause I saw the stupid thing.

Also that said, despite me hating people doing the above, I like most people, am slightly hypocritical and do the same thing on occasion.. such is life.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Do not complain if your life is going to shit just because you're too lazy to do anything about it. This one irritates me above all others.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Trivun said:
Anyone complaining about any form of entertainment does not, EVER, have the right to do so unless they've witnessed that entertainment for themselves. Main case in point, nobody has the right to complain about Twilight unless they read the books or saw the films for themselves. And by that I mean sat through it, not just given up halfway saying it's shit. Commit to something if you want to earn the right to complain about it.

Same goes for Halo, Uwe Boll movies, and pretty much anything else.
I agree that you have to witness/experi4ence it for yourself but am not sure having to go through all of it is necessary unless the person is going to try and complain about all of it. If they read the first half and say they only read the first half and didn't like it then I reckon that's fine.

Funnily enough with Twilight after having read the books, although I have a lot of issues with the series, none of them are what people tend to ***** about the most (Sparkly Vampires, Being "Gay" somehow. I still didn't think they were bad overall though, but then again Escapees do love to exaggerate.

pelopelopelo

Sep 4, 2009
Trivun said:
Anyone complaining about any form of entertainment does not, EVER, have the right to do so unless they've witnessed that entertainment for themselves. Main case in point, nobody has the right to complain about Twilight unless they read the books or saw the films for themselves. And by that I mean sat through it, not just given up halfway saying it's shit. Committ to something if you want to earn the right to complain about it.

I wouldn't agree with this. So if I watch something or read something and am not enjoying it in any way, I am not allowed to complain that I thought it was terrible enough to make me give up experiencing it?

Why, exactly?

Case in point: I decided to read Twilight to get a more informed opinion and thought it was such utter tripe I didn't bother finishing it. I felt it used an awesome literary conceit - vampires - and made them fucking lame. I thought it was poorly written, I despised the protagonist, I laughed out loud at some of the complaints Bella made and generally did not enjoy myself. What utter reason would I have to finish it, and why did my experience refute my right to argue that it is absolute rubbish?

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
Iron Lightning said:
dbungus2000 said:
If you make a sandwich and you don't check the expiration date on the pickle and you get HIV, then you have no right to complain
I dunno... I'm pretty sure I have a right to complain if someone with AIDS at the pickle factory is bleeding (or perhaps ejaculating) into the pickle jar.

More on Topic: You have no right to complain about airplane food in coach, you silly cheap bastards.
I think they would get arrested or at least fired for ejaculating into pickle about to be sold
I don't think pickle companies hire chronic masturbating emos to fill jars (with pickle of course)

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Nunny said:
StBishop said:
1. Don't Vote = Don't complain about the government
2. Haven't experienced a portion of life (Never had a job, never went to uni, never finished Highschool, Never served in Armed Forces etc.) = Don't rag on it or say it's easy/unnecissary.
Beat me to it, if you dont vote you dont get to complain about the resulting government.
North Koreans would like a word.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
Aylaine said:
When you complain about your problems or issues but make no effort to fix them. Personal problems I mean, not ones out of your control.
well....

I would put it more the other way round...

complaining about personal problems could be a cry for help.

but complaining about things that are out of your control is COMPLETELY fruitless! whats the point if it ain't gonna make a damn bit of difference?

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
You ***** about someone you are in a relationship with incessantly although you CHOOSE to date them.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Trivun said:
Anyone complaining about any form of entertainment does not, EVER, have the right to do so unless they've witnessed that entertainment for themselves. Main case in point, nobody has the right to complain about Twilight unless they read the books or saw the films for themselves. And by that I mean sat through it, not just given up halfway saying it's shit. Committ to something if you want to earn the right to complain about it.

That is why you'll never hear me complaining about Twilight. However I will complain about people complaining about Twilight. Seriously... AUUUUUUUGH!!
...and that's why I finished Twilight.
Oh so you're on of those [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hatedom] people. ¬_¬

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Trivun said:

That is why you'll never hear me complaining about Twilight. However I will complain about people complaining about Twilight. Seriously... AUUUUUUUGH!!
Oh so you're on of those [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hatedom] people. ¬_¬
Don't judge me.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Trivun said:

Don't judge me.
Sorry dude, but I'll never understand why someone would force themselves to endure something they clearly don't like just for the purpose of complaining about and/or bashing it. Unless of course you're getting paid to, like a film critic.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Trivun said:

Don't judge me.
Sorry dude, but I'll never understand why someone would force themselves to endure something they clearly don't like just for the purpose of complaining about and/or bashing it. Unless of course you're getting paid to, like a film critic.
I'm just enjoying the simple things in life. Besides, what's the point of pleasure if you haven't worked for it?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Trivun said:

Don't judge me.
I'm just enjoying the simple things in life. Besides, what's the point of pleasure if you haven't worked for it?
I fail to see what pleasure you're referring to.

Kanazuchi

Aug 20, 2008
asinann said:
Kanazuchi said:
I've got one friend who dresses in extremely sexy costumes at anime conventions, then complains that she gets creepy stalkers. C'mon, put some clothes on!
As an aside to this, I'm getting tired of women that dress in ways that say "Look at me and the clothes I'm wearing that shows everything except what it must cover to remain legal!" then complain when someone they don't want looking at them looks.
Or as Dave Chapelle said, "I know you're not a whore, but you're wearing a whore's uniform. You can see how I got confused."

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
feather240 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Trivun said:

Don't judge me.
I fail to see what pleasure you're referring to.
You're really missing out...