Invader Zim - Anyone a fan?

Dtox333

Dec 7, 2011
chiggerwood said:
Invader Zim is truly the greatest cartoon ever produced, and Nickelodeon were a bunch of idiots to get rid of it. Oh well I got the original box set, so I can watch all 31 episodes whenever I like, but God! the potential this show had was astounding. I loved it as a kid because of the insanity and now I love it as an adult, because of the satire, and the insanity. It seriously pains me to know that there will never be anymore new episodes ever again. It was going to be revealed that Dib was actually a robot, or cyborg created by his father! Every single time I think about that I feel like I'm shitting bricks.

R.I.P. :(
Even if nick wasn't a factor in the show's demise, it was already stated by vasquez that he was SICK of working on it, which would have sunk its quality into the ground. An example of this is the creator of spongebob, who wanted to end the show when, i believe, the movie was done, but the producers wanted him to keep going. And now the show is remembered as crap, because the creator was simply sick of making anymore of it, so hardly any effort is put into making the episodes what they were once before (i believe that the show even has content in it that is purposefully put in to sabotage its popularity, such as much of the disturbing images they've shown in later episodes.)

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I watched it all not so long ago, too bad i couldn't do it earlier when i could feel more

The music is absolutely delicious
I miss that type

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
One of my favorites.

I still have the boxset with all three seasons somewhere...

If only I could find it.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I love this show.....

But I hate the 90% of the fanbase. Its about as bad as "Hardcore" sonic fans. Pretty much gay/stupid fanfiction everywhere.

XX55XX

Mar 15, 2011
Terminate421 said:
I love this show.....

But I hate the 90% of the fanbase. Its about as bad as "Hardcore" sonic fans. Pretty much gay/stupid fanfiction everywhere.
Yeah, too much romance fanfiction - when a lot of it doesn't even make any sense.

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
Absolutely, I've been watching the show since it first aired and was extremely happy when the DVDs were finally released.

I used to have an Invader ZIM shirt as well, but that got a bit too small after a while and got old and worn out so I had to throw it away. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any new one I like as they all seem to have giant pictures of fucking GIR on them. GIR's funny sure, but unlike most people I don't like him that much, and he can get really overused and obnoxious.

My personal favorite character has always been Gaz. It helps that I can also identify with her to some degree.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
XX55XX said:
Terminate421 said:
I love this show.....

Yeah, too much romance fanfiction - when a lot of it doesn't even make any sense.
Dude, 90% of ANY fanfiction will have romance.

I have only read ONE where romance wasn't involved at all. Apparently two people loving each other is something we should care about at the start of reading it.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I recently started watching it and I absolutely love it. There have been many times when I've burst out laughing. Zim is just so bad at being an invader and having GIR really doesn't help. My boyfriend might be getting me the DVDs for Christmas and I would definitely watch them over and over and over and over.

Preston_r

Feb 17, 2010
I am down with the Zim. One of the better childrens shows for adult misanthropes like myself. :D

Jim Tungsten

May 9, 2011
Yes... yes my friend, i love this show, i firmly believe that it is unparalleled in its awesomeness, in fact i believe it is right up there with waffles on the awesomeness scale. Where i live (New Zealand) it still plays on nick! at 12:50am.... every morning and i always watch it or record it even tho i have seen every episode multiple times over.... it is awesome so i don't care.

PhantomEcho

Nov 25, 2011
This thread? Yeah... it made me need waffles.

Some may or may not have soap in them.

It's good to see so many fans of Zim in one place again. It's been a bit of a lonely world for me since the only friend I had who enjoyed the show (and to whom I lent my complete collection) died in a tragic brain transplant failure (horrendous car wreck).

Worse still, he had the discs in the car.

They were completely destroyed.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
I just don't "get" Invader Zim the way some people seem to, or anything by Johen Vasquez. Sure, I found a lot of the episodes to be funny, and there are a lot of memorable moments and characters ("These piggies are for science!"). It's just that the world that Vasquez creates is so aggressively unpleasant and deliberately disturbing that it's hard for me to genuinely enjoy any of it.

I remember a part of Vasquez's Squee! where the titular character's horrible parents begrudgingly stop to allow him to use the bathroom during a long road trip. Squee is then forced to finish his business as fast as he can so he can flee the grotesque roadside bathroom, chased out by the bloody diarrhea of a man who, though it is not explicitly shown, I could only assume is shitting out all of his internal organs while screaming in agony.

For me, that excerpt sums up Vasquez's work in a nutshell. If you can find something amusing or meaningful in it, more power to you, because I can find neither.