It's Old Flames Only in Mass Effect 3, Says BioWare [UPDATED]

Aug 17, 2009
I don't understand, from a character standpoint, why Shepard would just turn homosexual all of a sudden. What, did seeing London getting nuked awaken your repressed sexuality?

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
I don't understand, from a character standpoint, why Shepard would just turn homosexual all of a sudden. What, did seeing London getting nuked awaken your repressed sexuality?
I sense a strong mixture of fan service and whining.

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
The choices you made in ME 1 had a very very small effect on part 2. I mean if you kept the council alive you had one breif conversation that didn't effect the game at all. So I expect the same treatment for part 3.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Good news to hear. I definitely like the idea of repercussions that lead to interesting scenarios. Should be good reason to play through the whole series several more times!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Not Gonna Get Me said:
Oh great, I'm doomed :p Now I have to decide between Liara and Jack :p
Heh. A catfight capable of leveling a small town.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Wait Wait Wait I have a Question... In ME1 I went with Liara, in ME2 I went with Tali.

But WAIT; I bought and did the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC and I rehooked up (Or whatever) with Liara. Does that Mean Everything I did in ME2 with Tali is Null in Void or will I still haft to deal with drama in ME3 with the two?

Also: I kinda Wanna play again and Stay Single in ME1 and ME2 just to see what happens, Probley nothing but still, very curious.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Mass Effect has caught teh gay? YES!!!!! VOX POPULI VOX DEI!

Now I know that keeping my Shepard celibate for the first two games was the right move! :-D

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Fox KITSUNE said:
Wait Wait Wait I have a Question... In ME1 I went with Liara, in ME2 I went with Tali.

But WAIT; I bought and did the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC and I rehooked up (Or whatever) with Liara. Does that Mean Everything I did in ME2 with Tali is Null in Void or will I still haft to deal with drama in ME3 with the two?
Oh boy. Tali v. Liara in the CIC for Shepard.

My money is on Tali. Liara is good with Biotics, but with weapons she's a secondary choice, and since you need to lower shields before biotics work...

Good thing I don't have to think of this stuff for myself. Turned Liara down in the first game because I had one destination in mind: Enviro-suit.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Lionsfan said:
Sovereignty said:
Damn... I guess I really shouldn't have cheated on Ashley with Miranda...

But I waited as long as I could! Shepard has needs!
Especially after she blew you off for no reason when you returned. It wasn't some happy reunion, she was just like, "You've been dead 2 years and you couldn't even managed ONE phone call!" After that it's a given that she's out of the picture
Boy do I like your style.

I definitely don't feel so bad about my fooling around now! I'd totally forgotten how she refused to join me!

I even forgot the feelings of anger I'd had when I was so excited to her possibly joining me to save the universe and she thoroughly trounced them!

mizutanitony

Jan 15, 2010
I think you could go with one of those "You don't know what you got until it's gone," deals. You lose a person and then after awhile just feelings emerge and when that person arrives you just "feel" So I don't freaking know. But then again Kaidan would be weird but say I romanced Liara, then Thane, and then Kaiden. That is a bad mix of pissed off biotics.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Oh crap oh crap oh crap.

Decision time.

Liara, or Tali?
How the fuck am I supposed to choose?

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Wabblefish said:
Gay people should enjoy the game to the fullest just as much as any other player.
Don't forget the likely large subset of straight guys who will enjoy the game even more now.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Does Liara know my Shepard totally went after Samara and will totally drop her like a sack of potatoes if Samara ever decides that getting with Shepard isn't against the Justicar code?

'Cause that's gonna happen. Just saying.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Things like this are one of the many, many reasons to have multiple playthroughs of a game like Mass Effect. Granted, I don't think it's worth doing another one just for the romances, but if you have others already going you can just throw one in.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
In case of new romantic options, I've got my fingers crossed for a female turian.

If not, Garrus is readily available. Either way now, apparently.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Timmehexas said:
Android2137 said:
I'll be fine with this just so long as ALL love interests aren't suddenly bi out of the blue. Earth doesn't consist solely of bisexuals, so why would the rest of the galaxy?
That makes no sense, especially in the Mass Effect universe... it'd be like saying because everyone on Earth is "human" obviously everyone else in the universe must be human. Not actually saying I want everyone to be bi-sexual just wanted to say that, that made no sense.
Hmm... Actually, yeah, Legion made a similar argument. Holding other species by your own species' standards is racist. Culture shock maybe? Still don't want everyone suddenly bi though.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
How come Shepard has long hair...i don`t think that was available in character customization.