It's so good I bought it twice!

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I bought Super Mario: Sunshine twice...

The first disc got scratched and broken. Still counts right?

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Melon Hunter said:
Earlier today, I was browsing the selection at my local GAME store, when I noticed that the Collector's Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution was on offer at £45. Although it turned out to not be in stock, I later went and ordered one online instead for £35, despite having owned the Explosive Edition game since last August. I did this for three reasons: the reduced price, the bells and whistles that come with it (I'm a real sucker for concept art books), and also because Human Revolution was my personal GOTY for 2011. I was also kinda surprised that the 'extremely limited' Collector's Edition was still on sale, brand new, after 5 months on sale, but there you go.

In HMV, I picked up the Limited Edition DVD of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World despite already owning a regular version of it, and I have several special editions of albums nestled next to their bog standard counterparts back at home, all of which I enjoyed immensely beforehand.

So, has anyone else ever bought an upgraded edition after owning the standard version, out of respect for the original work and/or to get an Adam Jensen action figure?
Well, I technically went the other way, initially buying the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition on 360, and a Steam-copy on PC later.

I've also bought:

- 3 copies of The Orange Box (2 360, as the first one was played to death, 1 Steam)
- 2 copies of Unreal Tournament 3 (1 360, 1 PC)

...what?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
For games none I can think of off the top of my head. I have, however recently bought the complete box set (5 seasons, 100 episodes) of Stargate Atlantis on Blu Ray despite owning the DVD box set. I love that show, and while it was a chunk of cash it was well worth it.

EDIT: Just remembered I own a Steam copy and a physical copy of DEFCON. Though the Steam copy was via a humble indie bundle, but it's an awesome game.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I bought Custom Robo Arena twice, one new and the other one used for like 3 dollars, because I really liked it and no one I knew would buy it when it was easy to find in stores.

I bought Dead Rising 2 Case Zero twice, which is probably my favorite thing I have bought on Xbox Live, once on my brother's Hard drive and once on my newer one. If you want to count it as the same game I own both Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record.

While I haven't done it yet, I am buying Metal Gear Solid 3D when it comes out, and I bought it once already and own a total 3 copies (the original my brother gave me, the essential collection one, and the HD collection one.)

Might end up buying Dead Island again for PS3 if my friend gets it, as well as Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
PC and Xbox versions of Psychonauts, the only game I have completed to 100% more than once, I love that game, and I learn something new about it every time I play (I don't look at guides for it, so I have to find it out on my own) for example:

Once you have Mr Pokeylope in your care, you can go around camp and show it to all of the kids (once they've been rebrained) before you give him back to Sheegor

Oh yea and Saints Row 2 for PC once I lost it on xbox, ugh that was a bad port, still fun though

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Today I bough the SWTOR Collector's Edition even though I already had the regular edition. I wanted all the extra goodies both in game and real life, and especially the absolutely hot armor you can get as a special CE owner. One fifty USD gone, though. Oh well!

Grog289

Sep 1, 2011
Psychonauts. I bought it a while ago for my (now sold) PS2, saw it for $2.50 on Steam and couldn't resist

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Well, I lost my Halo 3, so I'm about to re-buy that. I bough Fallout 3 GOTY edition... I had the original with broken steel, but I lost that too like two years ago. I have two CoD 4s, but one was a gift. That's about it.

zakkro

Aug 6, 2009
Hm, none that I know of. I want to get the ICO+SotC HD collection, and I'll eventually watch the final cut of Blade Runner someday, though.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I've bought Star Wars: Battlefront 2 about three times by now. I love that game and people keep losing my copy, makes me rather angry and I'm to the point where NOBODY borrows my shit anymore.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I have Doom for every electronic device capable of running games that I own, considering that it's been ported to every electronic device capable of running games.
It's even been ported to meat.
Yes, meat.
(skip to 0:32)

ppsh41

Aug 18, 2011
Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942 (both my original copies stopped working)
Call of duty 1, UO (Bought to have on steam)
Call of duty 2 (bought on disk, XBOX 360 and steam)
Call of Duty WAW (Xbox, Steam)
Rome Total War: Disk, Steam
CIV IV (disk and complete pack on Steam)
XCOM Ufo Defense (Steam and complete pack of D2D)
Men Of war (needed another CD-key, my old one stopped working)
Delta Force Black Hawk Down :(2 times on Disk)
Borderlands (Disk, Steam GOTY edition)
As you can see i like digital copies

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
There are only a few games that I have ever bought multiple copies of.

The first was the original C&C. I LOVED that game back in the day!

I also have both the PC version and the N64 version of StarCraft. However, I have never been too keen on that particular franchise. I suppose I am a statistical anomoly in that respect.

I also (had) two full copies of ArmA II + ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, but my need for people to LAN with caused me to give the extras away. I enjoy that franchise so much I don't mind spending money to snag some extra copies.

Feb 9, 2011
I've re-bought so many it's hard to remember. I replaced my whole physical PC game library with digital versions for convenience and to cut down on clutter.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
3 copies of the original homeworld 2 shop brought one from a 'friend' who used to get them from a friend...pre torrent era.

So 2 or 3 depending on how you count I paid for 3 - the developers saw money from 2

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
i've bought Oblivion twice, once on XBox and once on Steam solely for the mods. same with Fallout 3.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance (PC). I've bought it more than twice, actually.

Baldur's Gate 1, TotSC, Baldur's Gate 2, ToB (PC).

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (PC).

Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels (PC).

Suikoden 2 (PS1).

That's it for multiple purchases off the top of my head.