It's so good I bought it twice!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I have 3 copies of Fallout 3 and 3 of New Vegas (PC, PS3, 360)

2 copies of TF2 (PC, PS3)

3 copies of Portal (PC, PS3, 360)

3 copies of ME2 (PC, PS3, 360)

2 copies of Just Cause 2 (PC, 360)

2 copies of the Force Unleashed (PS3, 360)

2 copies of Portal 2 (PC, PS3)

In my defence, I'm pretty insane.

SirBryghtside said:
Not much else really... but I'm planning on buying VVVVVV 3DS when I get the eponymous console.
Woah woah woah! Stop the phones and hold the presses!

VVVVVV is coming out for 3DS?!

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Ha I have somehow ended up with two or three copies of each Oblivion and Morrowind

ChaosEternal

Feb 4, 2011
I did the same thing as you. I loved Deus Ex: HR I went and bought the Augmented Edition! ^.^

Edit: Also imported Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ 4 years after playing the originals. >.>

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I have ocarina of time on N64 and virtual console, plants v. zombies on computer and iPod, Civilization on computer and iPod. Life is pretty good :D

Stoplesteimer

Jun 4, 2009
I have two copies of Fallout 3 (PC/360) and two copies of Mirror's Edge (PC/360).

I have also slowly been converting my physical library of books into an ebook format of one type or another.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
lolreaper said:
persona 3 in fact i bought it 3 times, the original version when it came out, fes in 08 and persona 3 portable back in august
2nd.

Also:
Chrono Cross - Bought it new on the PS1 which got 'borrowed' then re-bought it after getting a PS2 and now, just a week or so ago I bought it AGAIN on PSN.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
TF2, Portal and CSS. 2 copies of each, albeit I didn't buy the Orange Box for some ungodly reason.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
My Best Buy still had some inFamous 2 Hero Editions left. I'm pretty sure they still do. I decided in November to sell my copy of inFamous 2 regular edition to my Play N' Trade and went to Best Buy and bought the Hero Edition. It was so worth it.

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Where do I even begin? Lots of my Steam games I own physical copies of if they exist (The entirety of Dawn of War, Titan Quest, Majesty, Neverwinter Nights 2, Bloodbowl, C&C3, C&C4, Company of Heroes, FFXI, L4D, Star Wars: Dark Forces I & II & Ghost Recon) because I like having them neatly organised and easy to access from a minimal amount of windows. Then there are all the games that I've had to re-buy over the eyars because of wear and tear. Things like Ultimate Alliance I have two copies of because I was afraid my original disk would eventually give out (it's still going, though!) or gameboy games that have been lost behind bed boards and never seen again (I only replaced Golden Sun a few years back).

I think my worst had to be Gladius, a game I bought twice simply because I wanted the proper case for it. My original was inside an old Blockbuster case because I bought a copy they were trying to get rid of and no where else had it. Just this year our local game shop had it for sale and they wouldn't sell me the case sans game inside, so after much debating I broke down and bought the two of them.

I still don't regret it...

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
lolreaper said:
persona 3 in fact i bought it 3 times, the original version when it came out, fes in 08 and persona 3 portable back in august
This. Exactly this word for word.

Sep 30, 2010
I've got 3 copies of MGS2 for different systems. I kind of have a grudging respect for Raiden after playing through it three times. The third of those copies is from the MGS HD collection (i had all of the games in it) so I have 2 copies of MGS3 (one is a subsistence copy with both disks) and 2 copies of Peace Walker.
I also have The Twin Snakes, the novel based on MGS1, and
I don't have a problem or anything....

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Bought it for PS2, and bought it for PC a few months ago.

Have yet to download that mod that gives you the good maps for the PC. Wish I remembered what it was called.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I have two copies of Saint's Row 2, although I didn't originally plan to. I saw a copy of the original Saint's Row second hand for 360 and decided to buy it since I hadn't played it all but had loved playing Saint's Row 2 on PC. When I took it to the counter though, they found they only had a disc for Saint's Row 2 - apparently someone had been sold a copy of Saint's Row in the Saint's Row 2 case. Since it was only $9 I decided what the heck and went ahead and bought a second copy of Saint's Row 2. I didn't regret it at all as I then went ahead and bought the extra mission DLC packs for it.

Other than Saint's Row 2, I've also doubled up on Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time recently - I bought both of them for a second time in the Ubisoft pack in the Christmas Steam sales after I already owned both.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Orange Box. First for PS3 because I didn't have a good gaming rig, then for PC when I got one. I also had Metroid Prime 3, then got the Trilogy when it came out.

And don't even ask me how many times I've bought most of the Final Fantasy series re-releases. Why can't they just do a Blu-Ray collection for the first nine or twelve games? The discs are more than big enough for that, and it would save me a metric fuckton of money.

Thurston

Nov 1, 2007
Played a buggy cracked copy of X-Com: Enemy Unknown, and liked it, despite the glitches.

So I hunted down a legit copy of X-Com with "Conqueor the Universe" game collection (one of the most overpackaged things I've ever bought, but chock full of gaming goodness.)

Lost my original install discs, missed the game occasionally, but saw it for $5.00 via Steam. Yoink!

Saw the entire X-Com game series for a enticingly low price, so I bought it again!

So, X-Com, original game, bought not once, not twice, but thrice!

Seriously overpackaging... Imagine a box the size of the classic board game box, holding 5 CDs and a 23 page manual.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Alright then, I have two purchased copies of Vampire: Bloodlines, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Half-Life 2 and Battlefield 2 (because I lost 1). Most of those were purchased as back ups for cheap on steam, which proved useful as COC: DCOTE was leant to a friend and never seen again, half-life 2 was on x-box, and Bloodlines is potentially damaged.

Yup thats about it so far. Baldurs gate is probably going to get added to the list at some point since my disk 2 is damaged.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i bought a hard copy of borderland for pc, when it was new. this past summer i bought the goty edition from steam, not so much because i loved the original (though i did thoroughly enjoy it) but more because buying the goty edition was cheaper than buying the dlc separately. god i love steam sometimes

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I bought the collectors edition of Dragon Age: Origins on Steam for much less than all the DLC combined. I have bought copies of games from GOG and Steam that I already owned on disc just so I don't get tied to my disk drive VtM:B, Baldur's Gate, PS:T, NWN, NWN2, Psychonauts, and Oblivion spring to mind. I also bought X-Com on Steam because I don't have a floppy drive anymore.