Jimquisition: Ubisoft

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
I bought HoMM6, and I have now uninstalled it. Why? Because it's still "bugged up the butt". In all honesty, I would be willing to put up with the f***ing DRM/allways online parts, if they would just get around to patching the game to the point where it can be f***ing played without crapping out.

As it stands, I've said screw it, and moved on to tracking down older games, like stuff for the PS2, which doesn't have ay of this DRM crap to interfere with my experience.

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
Hey remember Assassin's Creed in 30 Seconds? They did it around PAX Prime 11 and even took people to a spot to film it? Yeah, I participated in that, was promised they'd post the video, and never did. So they wasted a half-hour of my precious, precious PAX time. Screw Ubisoft.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
wooty said:
Get rid of the "always online" shit altogether, Ubisoft, Origin.....STEEEEEAAAAAAAM!
Generally it irritates me that single player games need online interaction, Creative Assembly jumping into bed with bloody steam did/has/does/will piss me off a certain degree.
Steam has an offline mode.

OT: Shall I start making pamphlets? But yeah, Ubisoft needs to wise up.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Waffle_Man said:
Worship Jim? When is the last time he interacted with me?
Wouldn't that legitmately make him like god then?

You offer up prayers and supplications, and receive silence in return. (statement really only applies to this author's experience, and should not be read as a general condemnation of religion or deities in general (though, you'd think they'd be tough enough to handle someone like me))

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Lund: Try a joke.
Shanks: er... Ubisoft.
Vault Dweller: HA! *thumbs up*

Doomsday Arcade... So quotable...

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Thing is...Far Cry 3 will get my dolla but Ubisoft can screw themselves, I've always said they'll be the next company to become evil and here they are, as evil as EA and Activision.

I stopped buying Assassin's Creed after 2 and I won't buy 3

If they finally released BGaE2 and a sequel to that PoP reboot then maybe I'll be on board with them again but quite frankly they can piss in their own mouths if they expect me to buy anything except Far Cry 3 right now...and even then it doesn't look as awesome as FC2's potential was

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
uncanny474 said:
Swifteye said:
How do I play a game without supporting the people who made it?
You do what those corps are always bitching about--you buy it used. *evil grin*

EDIT: oh, right, low content.

Ummm...

Jim is the new god? I for one welcome our new trenchcoated overlords.
Hehe, did this with the original Assassin's Creed. It's the only time I've ever lowered myself to purchasing a product used -just- to spite the developer, didn't even want the game initially, just wanted to be petty and got lucky that the game is actually quite a bit of fun.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
wooty said:
Get rid of the "always online" shit altogether, Ubisoft, Origin.....STEEEEEAAAAAAAM!
Generally it irritates me that single player games need online interaction, Creative Assembly jumping into bed with bloody steam did/has/does/will piss me off a certain degree.
I still don't understand this argument against Steam, I don't have any trouble playing Offline. I play Steam games on my Laptop away from the Internet sometimes, no problem. Plus, if you have the internet at all, why would you not be online most of the time anyway.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
Benjamin Rosa said:
Great Video Jim.

It's shame what Ubisoft did whith Rayman, one of the best platform games in this generation: not waiting to release it after Christmas when the release schedule is weak and with a price tag of 50$ so it doesnt have any problem to be a top seller. Why would some kill their own masterpiece with such a stupid marketing idea of releasing it with Assassin's Creed, a game that sells millions with just having a name and a few trailers?

Ubisoft used to be cool, now it's nearly like Activision or Electronic Arts.
Lest you forget the rating system. One of these games children can play. One of these games they cannot. Why would you wait to put out a game that kids can play until AFTER Christmas?

It ain't all about your demographic.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Nice vid, I completely agree on the ubisoft points. They are a shit corporation who do nothing beyond hurting their own industry and pissing off damn near all their customers. They've lost a lot of sales from me for their bullshit DRM and that will never change until they remove it all.

Steam doesn't require an internet connection once the game is registered and updated. Learn to Steam pal...

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Valanthe said:
uncanny474 said:
Swifteye said:
How do I play a game without supporting the people who made it?
You do what those corps are always bitching about--you buy it used. *evil grin*

EDIT: oh, right, low content.

Ummm...

Jim is the new god? I for one welcome our new trenchcoated overlords.
Hehe, did this with the original Assassin's Creed. It's the only time I've ever lowered myself to purchasing a product used -just- to spite the developer, didn't even want the game initially, just wanted to be petty and got lucky that the game is actually quite a bit of fun.
See, I enjoyed the first Assassin's Creed and the second--they were repetitive as hell, but at least I was repeating something fun--right up until the end of the second game.

Then you find out that their big twist is basically that they're ripping off the original Stargate movie, and there? I gave the entire series the middle finger. Sold both games, and vowed never to buy another one.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Waaaaaaaahhhhh! Corporations don't give me what I want, but I'll keep desiring the next product they release! In fact, I'll make it my job to consume the output of these corporations.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Assasins creed 2 was shit? hahahaha....no

Im guilty of buying ubisofts games...excpet not for PC anymore..which is a shame they had some good games

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
wooty said:
I still don't understand this argument against Steam, I don't have any trouble playing Offline. I play Steam games on my Laptop away from the Internet sometimes, no problem. Plus, if you have the internet at all, why would you not be online most of the time anyway.
Ive got massive trouble with offline mode in steam, if I am on my laptop trying to play Rome:TW, Civ 5 or Recettear, it keeps asking to sign in and go online. Got. no trouble if im on the desktop, but playing away from a connection can be hair tearingly annoying.