Jimquisition: Videogames Are Not Movies, Get Over It

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
MB202 said:
So... Isn't this supposed to be updated on Mondays?
brinvixen said:
I was thinking the same thing! Does the lack of new video mean no more from the Jimquisition then? (honestly though, I can't say I'm too disappointed...)
Yeah...I just want some closure. I was hoping for him to try not to suck the second time out. But maybe he will be on tomorrow or something.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This could be better, showing more gameplay or what he's talking about and less of him wearing sunglasses. That's what you do, you show the thing you're talking about or it's very hard to sit there and stay interested, I honestly minimized this and browsed the web while he ranted.

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
brinvixen said:
MB202 said:
I was thinking the same thing! Does the lack of new video mean no more from the Jimquisition then? (honestly though, I can't say I'm too disappointed...)
I think on his Twitter he said that he already had the second episode done, so maybe there's some other snag. I have to agree, though, that I wouldn't exactly miss the fellow. He's not filling any unaddressed niche here.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
It says on twitter he is getting new lights and backdrops for the show. so he is addressing complaints about production values. Which I think is a silly complaint. No one notices production values if the content is quality.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Why are there so many comments for so simple a video? The escapist members are getting a little too hairy when it comes to newcomers.

The Coop

Nov 11, 2009
Well, I watched it.

Now, I know this guy's new and he's trying to get his routine down for this and get into the swing of it, but this simply wasn't entertaining, informative or funny. It was just some guy ranting about games not being movies and vice versa... the kind of thing we've all seen on God only knows how many forums all over the Internet. I mean, this is an argument that's been going on for quite some time, and this didn't bring anything new to it, or put it in a new light. It also didn't have it's own style, hook or bit, and as a result, it was just... dull.

But, everyone has to start somewhere. Every show needs tweaking, refinements and all that as it rolls along, so we'll see where things go. But right now? It's not off to that great a start.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
moviefication brought us Valve games that are always absolutely pointlessly linear unless theyre MP only.

vanguard135

Nov 23, 2009
A british man ranting and raving about games and mainstream media? I think we already have one of those.And If he is British where is his monocle and tophat? I wont ask were his cane is because its located in his ass.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
LyR said:
bdcjacko said:
It says on twitter he is getting new lights and backdrops for the show. so he is addressing complaints about production values. Which I think is a silly complaint. No one notices production values if the content is quality.
disagree, if the presentation is awful and uninteresting it gets a lot harder to take the actual content serious. You probably never spoke infront of an audience, did you ?!
It production values are low enough to be really bad, like spotty sound/dubbing with static, or flickering light, or a bad camera, yeah, that is pretty distracting. But if all of that is fine, and the content is decent, then people don't notice. For example most of ThatGuyWiththeGlasses are dude (and occasionally chicks) sitting in front of a blank wall talking about movies or video games, that isn't very high production values. And for the most part they are entertaining so no one really complains it is just a dude with decent lighting and average sound.

Maybe I watched it wrong, but I didn't notice the production value on Jim's video any different. But since content was garbage, I believe his production value just got lumped in with all the other real and nit-picky points.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
brinvixen said:
MB202 said:
Well, actually, the Extra Consideration columns don't update on schedule, so maybe he just doesn't have enough material to work with for another episode yet...

Rivers Wells

Aug 26, 2010
MB202 said:
brinvixen said:
MB202 said:
Well, actually, the Extra Consideration columns don't update on schedule, so maybe he just doesn't have enough material to work with for another episode yet...
Boosh!

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
This was sort of a crap show. A man that needs to lower his camera yelling for 5 minutes....