Journey is utter brilliance

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I've been thinking about getting it but I'm still not convinced.

Is it worth the price of admission?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Hm. Maybe some day... I just don't put money into PSN as a rule. That old black machine hooked up to my TV is there to read discs.

Either way, Don't Stop Believin', guys.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:

And more. If you just want a brilliant experience then get this now and finish it by dinner time.

Dec 14, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:

I think it is.

The game isn't long, you'll get through it in about 1 and a half to two hours, but it really is worth it.

For a small amount of time, I felt like a child again, and that's worth every penny.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Gabanuka said:
And more. If you just want a brilliant experience then get this now and finish it by dinner time.
Daystar Clarion said:
I think it is.

The game isn't long, you'll get through it in about 1 and a half to two hours, but it really is worth it.

For a small amount of time, I felt like a child again, and that's worth every penny.
Peer pressure...

*Sigh*

Fine, I'll go for it. Give me a few minutes to download.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
bahumat42 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Yet another reason I want a PS3.
Put it down in price Sony, dammit.
if your in the uk you can get an 80 gig or something for 100 quid, thats reasonable no?
Huh. I thought they were still a lot more expensive.
Well, it's tempting, but exam season is coming up so imma hold off.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to pick this up.

You won't be disappointed.
Okay, you convinced me. I will buy it if it isn't too expensive.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
StriderShinryu said:
I would have it already.. if it wasn't PS3 exclusive. :(
Best get to the shops then, laddo.

PS3 ain't gonna buy itself.
Hehe Yeah, if it wasn't one of the very few exclusive things on the system I wanted, I would. :)

Dec 14, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
Daystar Clarion said:
StriderShinryu said:
I would have it already.. if it wasn't PS3 exclusive. :(
Best get to the shops then, laddo.

PS3 ain't gonna buy itself.
Hehe Yeah, if it wasn't one of the very few exclusive things on the system I wanted, I would. :)
[HEADING=1]Silence![/HEADING]

I don't want your excuses.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
As you may or may not have noticed, I like Okami. The game is gorgeous and oozes character with an amzing sountrack to boot.

Journey is my new Okami, it is gaming in it's purest form, it isn't trying too hard to be 'artsy', it isn't pretentious and it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

The 'multiplayer' is implemented brilliantly, appealing to our desire for companionship, but isn't essential. In all my years of playing videogames, I've never had such an emotional attachment with a stranger before, an experience shared without passing a single word.

The game looks gorgeous, the lighting is brilliant and I've never been so impressed by sand. The whole time I was in the desert, I just felt warm, while the snowy mountain was unforgiving harshness, me and my companion, huddling together, wondering if we'd get through this.

I wasn't following this game, I went in with no expectations and was rewarded with a truly brilliant gaming experience.

This isn't a review, just my opinion of the game, so feel free to share your thoughts too. If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to pick this up.

You won't be disappointed.
I'm very interested in this game, and I loved Okami to bits. Its one of my all time favorite games. That said, I cant play journey until I get a new TV............. Q_Q

loc978 said:
Hm. Maybe some day... I just don't put money into PSN as a rule. That old black machine hooked up to my TV is there to read discs.

Either way, Don't Stop Believin', guys.
:>

Kizi

Apr 29, 2011
If you have a PS3, buy this game. It may be a little pricey but by golly, is it good. Definitely one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had.
Whoever it was I was playing with, if you're out there, thanks for being so nice and fun to play with. :3

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Wow... for some reason I thought this was about the god-awful rock band... and then when I saw Daystar I pannicked! Luckily it was actually about something decent, and something I hope to be able to check out some day!

Dec 14, 2009
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Wow... for some reason I thought this was about the god-awful rock band... and then when I saw Daystar I pannicked! Luckily it was actually about something decent, and something I hope to be able to check out some day!
You mean my integrity was brought into question!?

Watson, how dare you!

Our crime fighting days are over.

[HEADING=1]Over I say![/HEADING]

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Watson, how dare you!

Aah! Daystar, good fellow! It was never a question of your integrity, rather a question of the integrity of the very fabric of space and time in which we exist.
It seems that the second hand opium effects from my current living conditions hath poisened my very basic reasoning skills quintessentially!

Doth thou forgiveth?

Dec 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

Watson, how dare you!

Aah! Daystar, good fellow! It was never a question of your integrity, rather a question of the integrity of the very fabric of space and time in which we exist.
It seems that the second hand opium effects from my current living conditions hath poisened my very basic reasoning skills quintessentially!

Doth thou forgiveth?
hmmm, your logic is sound.

But I'm watching you.