Killzone 3 Trailer Will Freeze Your Butt Off

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
AkJay said:
According to nature, when it is a wasp versus a spider, the wasp usually wins.
I C Wat U Did Thar.

OT: Killzone 3 looks pretty kick ass. I enjoyed Killzone 2 to an extent, but it did suffer from "Gunmetal Gray" and "Dogshit Brown" syndromes. This installment looks much more colorful, though I do hope these locations actually have significance to the story instead of just being eyecandy.

EDIT: And as PurpleSky said above me, there does seem to be a good ole feel to the Killzone series. A lot of attention to detail in the environments and good gunplay.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
GoGo_Boy said:
I dunno the Killzone lore but are humans immune to cold? The other guys seemed to be packed pretty tight in order not to freeze o,,o
Actually the others are packed like that because they can't breath air.(i think)

tk1989

May 20, 2008
meh, i didnt enjoy Killzone 2 that much so i very much doubt that ill be investing in this

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
PurpleSky said:
GoGo_Boy said:
I dunno the Killzone lore but are humans immune to cold? The other guys seemed to be packed pretty tight in order not to freeze o,,o
Actually the others are packed like that because they can't breath air.(i think)
Yeah, from what I can remember, after humans colinated Helghan, after years of adaptation to the atmosphere there, they had to start using separate breathing suit things to survive. Then Visari came up, and the rest is basically WW2 in space.

With way more explosions.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
tk1989 said:
meh, i didnt enjoy Killzone 2 that much so i very much doubt that ill be investing in this
Oh don't get me wrong I won't buy this either,but it does look good.If people buy this I'm sure they'll make another one.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Well the close combat can't be that good. I didn't see a single dude get stabbed with a rocket launching space-M249. That was hilarious in the first game. Good fun it was.

Pity it always felt so "clunky". It gave the guns some weight, but it got kind of annoying.

And I seem remember most of the hype for Killzone one was "look! orange eyes!" and "Look! camera move on reload!"

Oh, and the scope on the sniper rifle sucked. Always moving back to the middle of the screen...

Spacefly said:
Ho ho yes!
Killzone 2 was probably the best FPS of this generation so far. And I mean FP Shooter, not RPGs that are FPS's like Fallout 3.
I'm going to have to reach though time to shout my RAEG at that statement. STALKER. Best FPS ever.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Ho ho yes!
Killzone 2 was probably the best FPS of this generation so far. And I mean FP Shooter, not RPGs that are FPS's like Fallout 3. But Just a great shooter. This looks even better but at the same time a bit too samey. I wish they would spend a bit longer developing it so that they could make almost as big a leap betwwn Killzone 1 and 2. Although maybe a rapid release of great games is whats needed to make people forget about the extremely bland game that was Killzone 1.

All the same... I'll probably pick this up... Maybe not straight away though.

issacization

Jul 6, 2009
going to pre-order this, i loved the other 3 Killzone games. Does Natko come back in this one i wonder since he isnt in the trailer.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
WaysideMaze said:
The first 2 games both had gorgeous screenshots plastered all over the internet, and incredible jaw dropping trailers to go with. Unfortunately the end games always just seemed to be a bit lacking in comparison. Maybe this 3rd game will break that mould? Can hope.

Got to say though, I do love the look of that CQC.
This is exactly how I feel about Killzone. The trailer for Killzone 2 made it look like I would constantly be one of many in epic fire fights, but it turned out to be just me and a idiotic A.I. partner who couldn't die, constantly yelling at me to move up. I'm sad to say that this trailer did nothing for me. I feel like I've seen this all before, and the fact that Killzone's story is at best forgettable and that means they're going to need to step it up a LOT.

So I take it Sev can no longer feel his arms, which is why he's able to go through all this without huddling over for warmth? Although, I do like the beard theory...

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
I played Killzone 1 back in the day, and it was a very solid shooter, I liked the gameplay even if all my AI team members were utterly useless. Either way the game kind of fell into the trap where you felt totally alone, even when you had teammates.

I played the demo for Killzone 2, and simply wasn't impressed.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
The first two games had trailers which advertised more than was delivered, but I did like the second game, and that trailer still looks pretty damn tasty.

Dec 14, 2008
Vrex360 said:
I'll admit it looks pretty cool (no pun intended) in both graphics and gameplay. That said it is certainly true that walking around in short sleeved vests does raise a few questions as to what's going through the minds of the guys sending in the soldiers into a frozen territory.
I assume they're taking out oil derricks, or at least the Killzone equivelant to them.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Aylaine said:
The setting looked very desolate and barren. I personally liked it. Though the main guy dressing like Chris Redfield does raise some ? marks for me. :p

As far as the gameplay goes, that looks absolutely bad ass. I like the part where he snaps that guys neck. I think my mouth opened a bit when I seen that. And those jet packs look fun too. o_O
That main guy is Sev, judging by the hair growth he's been stuck on Helghast for several weeks. Also the winter, I'm guessing Nuclear winter... not proper garden variety winter, but NUCLEAR WINTER.

Also boys and girls;
Teaser trailer ahoy! melee CGI FTW!

Rachet922

Jun 24, 2009
How many years is going to be till it's released? let's remember how the First Killzone 2 teaser was in 2005... My guess it will be out in like 2014.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
That does look quite good. More colour and intensity and all that.
But my main concern is whether or not they'll improve the story presentation from the second one. It felt lacking to me, at least when compared to the first one (which I thought excelled in telling an interesting story).