Kotick Calls Call of Duty a Tribute to the Military

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
SupahGamuh said:
As much as I hate Mr. Kotick, I can't help but to praise his subtle manner of saying "yeah, Medal of Honor sucks".
How does medal of honour suck?
Yeah the new game is a ripoff of CoD, but If you think Moh sucks I seriously doubt you have played Allied or Pacific Assault. The Moh games were around long before CoD and they depicted the horrible conditions of war long before fucking Kotick and co.
Battlefield does war better than both in my opinion but still, Medal of honour is ten times better than Call of Duty.
No, I didn't say that MoH does suck, I just said what Kotick said, not me, although MoH was never my thing and YES, I do played MoH since the days of PSOne, Allied, Pacific and European Assault, also MoH Heroes 2 and the beta of the new MoH before it was available and I gotta say, in my personal opinion, CoD is much, much better. And Battlefield can suck it. Have a nice day =)

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
A tribute to the military?
These guys have obviously never been on the wrong end of a commando-powered tactical knife.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
"Kotick said that the games honored the "courage, dedication and the sacrifice" of America's servicemen and women around the world, and suggested that this deep respect was why the Call of Duty series were the most played games amongst military personnel."
....Riiiggghhht
Is that a fact? CoD is the most played game amongst the military?

If it is, it's probably for the same reason that it's the most played game amongst adolescent, homophobic, uncultured boys. Are military personnel REALLY going to want to be seen playing Mario Galaxy 2, Super Meat Boy, or even Portal? No.

I respect our men in arms, but I'm not naive enough to think that they're less insecure than the general population. (If they do LAN's, then CoD would be an excellent choice for multiplayer goodness, but I severely doubt they have the resources)

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
awesomeClaw said:
This doesn´t change what a massive cock he is, but at least he´s a charitable cock. That counts for something in my book.
That's only if this was his idea though. Which I doubt.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
samsonguy920 said:
Luftwaffles said:
Medal of Honor did more towards actually depicting what people did during the Gulf War and yet it still gets less love than CoD......
That's kind of an odd statement since Medal of Honor takes place in Afghanistan long after the Gulf War.
Umm... do you live under a rock? There were at least 8 Medal of Honor games before the new one that is set in Afghanistan. I know a lot were WWII, not sure about the Gulf War, but really, did you not know that there were a ton of other Medal of Honor games?
I actually do know there are a "ton" of Medal of Honor games. Medal of Honor:Allied Assault is one of my most favorite games and as such, caused me to keep a vigilant eye on what else was released. All releases in the series take place during World War 2 except for this latest one which was the first to take place during current times. There were rumors of a Vietnam version but that never came to light. Which is a shame. Call of Duty followed the same formula until the release of Modern Warfare.
Take note that the latest release of the Medal of Honor series was called simply, Medal of Honor. To that one game I was referring to, and nothing else.
You are metaphorically correct at the ton reference. To date there are many more chapters in the Medal of Honor series(more than 8) released over multiple platforms than the Call of Duty series currently has.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
xHipaboo420x said:
But do the military really deserve said high regard? Circumstantially, kind of; but ultimately not.
What an ignorant and stupid thing to say. Any soldier taking fire for our benefit deserves much more then just thanks.

I'm not even a proponent for the war in Iraq (yes I;m liberal) but if you disagree with whats going on hate the politicians that sent them there not the soldiers doing their jobs.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
When i read the words "Call of Duty Endowment", i snickered alittle and pictured a man with Black Ops case for a penis, a woman with a pair of Modern Warfare Disks for breasts. ((with CoD 2 disks for n*pples))

But this is a step in the right direction. Showing that not every gamer is a hardcore Troll. ((only about 87% are))

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
This has actually made me pretty angry. Before I just thought he was a bit of a prick but right now I loathe the man.
He's talking out of his arse and whilst one million dollars for charity should never be sneered at, I can't escape the feeling that it's a cleverly weighted marketing ploy. I'm sure they've worked out that by spending the $1million, they'll make at least that back from the sales of good press.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
While it's good that he's giving money to help veterans, he's still a greedy, moneysucking bastard that should probably have his vocal chords removed.

Also, Call of Duty being a tribute to the military? You have to be severely braindamaged if you're unable to tell that's just a whole bunch of crock.

The Big Eye

Truth-seeking Tail-chaser
Aug 19, 2009
I dunno, he sounded really sincere to me. Bobby Kotick may have curly hair but he's a good guy.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
TRIBUTE TO THE MILITARY?

Have you ever played MW2? It's plot would make a parody of military, if not the fact that this game is served in totally serious atmosphere.

SPOILERS ABOUT IDIOTIC MOMENTS
-Old general can kill two spec ops soldiers before they notice what's going on.
-Old general can kill two more spec ops soldiers with his bare hands.
-A spec ops soldier does not know how to jump, and has to be repeatably rescued.
-One of the missions takes place on old airport. Old airport, where US placed ton of their tanks (no crews, of course), and 10 meters away there is ton of enemy helicopters, placed in same manner, same angle, still no crews. And then both sides decided to fight over there. US lost their Humvee's somewhere, because they now use civil pickup cars with MG's, just like their enemy.
-All the US defenses and detections systems are as easy to bypass as stealing The Important Thing. Of course, even through US knew that it happened, nobody bothered changing codes or anything.

This is tribute to the military?

Shut the fuck up, Mr. Kotick. You are the reason i will never buy an Activision Game.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
Luftwaffles said:
Medal of Honor did more towards actually depicting what people did and yet it still gets less love than CoD......
You mean one guy solo'ing entire armies? No...wait thats's CoD, my bad...wait no! That is Medal of Honour...or is it CoD...I'm confused.

Rabarberskurk

Mar 31, 2010
A scripted shooter with cartoon logic. Clearly a tribute to the military.

Super Mario Galaxy is a tribute to plumbing by the same sense.

ps. game series that REALLY are a tribute to the military are Operation Flashpoint (only the first game) and ARMA 1&2.

shticks

Jun 8, 2010
RUINER ACTUAL said:
Kekon3 said:
I read this and the words, "MEDAL OF HONOR REBOOT" are in my mind
I read the first paragraph and thought the same thing. At least MoH was kind of aiming at that, and letting everyone know about it, using real soldiers and their experiences to help make the game, and then have a lengthy tribute at the end of the game. IMO, Kotick just seems to be throwing words out there to be used for quotes and sound bits to make himself look better.
Maybe Treyarch should get some soldiers to help them out.They might make a decent game for once.

And sure.... donating a million dollars is a grand gesture. If it were unadulterated. Considering the COD franchise makes hundreds of millions of dollars upon each new release, thanks to the very existence of the military to base this game on. I think Activision is getting off VERY cheaply.

Imagine if someone wanted to write a book about your life..... and offered you a million dollars for the rights, but also informed you that they would be pocketing tens of millions of dollars in profit. You'd demand a better percentage would you not?

Activision is not being charitable at all.... they are simply offering up a finders fee. The biggest benefactor of charity is in fact Activision.