Least Favorite Album Of Your Favorite Artist

PleaseDele

Oct 30, 2010
Issurru said:
VGC USpartan VS said:
Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns
This, not that the album was horrible, just the fact that there were like 5 or 6 REAL songs on the entire album, and the interlude ones (which was most of the disk) weren't even good, and by good I mean ones like Cure for the Itch or Session
Same here. I can totally hear what they're going for but on a disc it just doesn't work for me at all. Though I must add that it works quite allright live. I just wish they'd kill that phaser in The Catalyst. I think they wrote A Thousand Suns whilst jamming a lot. It can make for great live tracks but it often results in subpar studio recordings.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I don't really have a "favourite" band but... here are a few off the top of my head.

Devin Townsend - Physicist
I know I'm not alone on this one. Even Dev himself doesn't like this album. It wasn't particularly done well and it does have a couple songs that can qualify as really good but the rest of the album is a bit lackluster and generic sounding. Even bad at certain points. Fortunately, the guy has made up for that one slip up by making some of the greatest music of all time on every other album.

The Beatles - Let it Be/Please Please Me
Neither of those albums, oddly enough their last and first respectively, were enjoyable to me. Let it Be less so since it had a few good songs on it (Dig A Pony, Across the Universe and Get Back) but their first was about 80% cover songs which I really didn't enjoy and it's the only album of theirs I don't have.

Radiohead - Pablo Honey
I don't really have much to say about this, actually. It was their first album and it spawned their biggest hit but the music on this was more... normal sounding and angsty feeling like a typical 90s grunge band while the rest of their discography deviated with each new release into more electronic and unique music.

Maximum the Hormone - Every album before Rokkinpo Goroshi
Rokkinpo was the first MtH album that was actually any good. The rest before were actually pretty terrible and almost unlistenable. They managed to change their sound significantly and become on of my favourite bands. Go figure :p

And that's all I got right now. >.>
Can you tell I like music? :D
AnthonTheSkabot said:
Reel Big Fish's Monkeys for Nothin', Chimps for Free. Best cover art, worst album.
Hehe. Oddly enough, that's my personal favourite album of theirs >.<

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
Iggy & the Stooges had at least 2 amazing albums and a lot of turkeys. The stand-out turkey was their first outing "The Stooges", produced by John Cale. Formerly of the Velvet Underground (with Lou Reed for God's sake!), Cale just didn't understand the Stooges' energy. Conversely, the glittering highlights have to include "Fun House" (the VERY next year!) and "Raw Power". Ironically, even their recent album, "Wired", which was enthusiastically mixed by Chicago punker Steve Albini, fell a little flat. Albini did a decent job at capturing their energy, but there was just something lacking overall.

I was trying to think of a bad Jethro Tull album. Yet now that I really think about it, most of their recordings are musically interesting, but many also lack energy. I can easily call "A" and "Crest of a Knave" low points.

Ry Cooder is, so I hear, an amazing slide guitarist. So why is 'Bop til You Drop' - the only album of his that I own - a total dog? I also have a bad B.B. King album somewhere - its just shockingly bad.

The first time I heard Rush "Roll the Bones" I was very disappointed. Similarly, I took an instant dislike to Black Flag's "Loose Nut".

TOOL - as far as I am concerned, TOOL is Art Rock (whatever that is) like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs - they do not have bad songs, they have songs which are 'artistically different'

I guess....

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
They're Only Chasing Safety by UnderOath, album had like 3 or 4 really good songs and the rest sucked.

DiabloBub666

Aug 1, 2010
My current favorite artist (Fun.) only has one album out... if I were to go with my #2, tho, it would have to be Oh No by Ok Go. First album = amazing, Third = not as good as their first, but still really good and very cool style, Second = a bit uninspired in comparison and just not as good. Their awkward phase between young work and mature work.

And for my #3... Vices and Virtues by Panic! at the Disco. Pretty Odd was the best by far, and V & V just felt too thinly spread and a bit trite.

xanderhunter

Aug 26, 2009
Issurru said:
VGC USpartan VS said:
This, not that the album was horrible, just the fact that there were like 5 or 6 REAL songs on the entire album, and the interlude ones (which was most of the disk) weren't even good, and by good I mean ones like Cure for the Itch or Session
I will admit that they had probably too many interlude songs on it(1/3 if you count songs under 3 minutes), but I still prefer it over Reanimation which only had I think 2 or 3 songs I liked (Points of Authority, My December, and Hi Voltage off hands were the only one I liked from that CD). Also I'm sure someone would say Collision Course but that's a mash-up album and might not count, and I personally liked it.

finalcut315

Jun 18, 2008
Since my favorite band is That Handsome Devil I'm finding it pretty hard to think of an album I didn't love, but the one I like least, I suppose it'd be enlightenment's for suckers. It just wasn't as varied as their other two albums. Also Year of the Black Rainbow by Coheed and Cambria was a gigantic disappointment.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
It could be argued that the most mainstream of Coheed and Cambria's albums, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow is also the most disliked among die-hard fans such as myself. The Black Rainbow certainly returned to that progressive style that made us love them.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
Personally, I love Nine Inch Nails, Trent is a musical genius, but Ghosts I-IV is the only album I can't get through the whole time without listening to something else as a break from it. Then again, the album wasn't made to be listened to outright, it's more of a background noise type.
I loved Ghosts I-IV! Sure, I don't usually listen to it non-stop for two hours (although I have) but it's pretty good listening IMO. No, I didn't really like Pretty Hate Machine all that much. I started listening to NIN in opposite chronological order, so when I got to PHM, I'd heard all the good stuff and it just sounded pretty crap to be honest. With Teeth also isn't a favorite of mine.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
I have a few actually:

Tool: 10,000 Days. Some songs were really great, but then there's like 20 minutes of just noise. I was disappointed.

My Chemical Romance: Danger Days, seriously, I put up with The Black Parade because a few songs were pure good, but this doesn't even sound like MCR anymore.

The Used: Art/Work. It died a little inside.

Disturbed: Indestructible. Asylum was pretty damn good though.

Slightly off-topic: I listened to a ton of newer songs by All That Remains and it just doesn't get any better then "The Fall of Ideals" CD.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
I'd kind of have to say "She Watched The Sky" from A Skylit Drive. They had their original singer (Jordan Blake) and I just prefer their new singer. Granted, I love the album. And calling this my least favorite just shows how much I like their others. o_o

My favorite of their albums is Identity On Fire. It's badass.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
LittleDaeman said:
Issurru said:
VGC USpartan VS said:
Same here. I can totally hear what they're going for but on a disc it just doesn't work for me at all. Though I must add that it works quite allright live. I just wish they'd kill that phaser in The Catalyst. I think they wrote A Thousand Suns whilst jamming a lot. It can make for great live tracks but it often results in subpar studio recordings.
phaser? is that like the thing that makes that electronic sound?

I agree there werent that many actual songs on it...but I liked the ones that were there, plus I kinda like the electronic sounds...it feels very cyberpunk to me

I think they were trying somthing VERY different. mabye even tryign to distance themselvs from their past image (whiney nu-metal type thing I guess)

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Some of mine:

3 Doors Down - Seventeen Days
Has the weakest overall tracklist so far, with "My World" standing out as the worst. But I still like the album, it just is my least favourite.

The Corrs - Home
There isn't a single song on here that I really like, and some that are just really bad, like "Dimming Of The Day".

Meg & Dia - Cocoon
Ugh, this is just like Home for me. I disliked almost all of the songs on this album, mostly because they've gotten away from the style I liked in the first two albums.

Nightwish - Oceanborn
Just not a whole lot I like here, although it's grown on me as I've heard it more. Used to really dislike it.

Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift
It wasn't a great start for Taylor Swift, and this album has a lot of tracks that sound very similar to one another. And they're not that great to begin with. Luckily, the next two albums were great.

IkeGreil29

Jul 25, 2010
Nu-Clear Sounds by Ash. Sounds weird, since I'm a Metalhead, but despite this possibly being their heaviest, it is so far away from the Ash spirit, I never really enjoyed listening to it.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Radiohead's Pablo Honey. I cringe everytime I hear it. It's like they're a completely different band from The Bends on.

dEUS' Vantage Point. I adore 90's dEUS, especially The Ideal Crash. I even like My Sister = My Clock. But this one is just so... bland. They've got a new one coming out soon. I'm pretty sure it's going to be just as boring.

Madrugada's eponymous last album. It got cut short by Robert Burås' death. Some good songs on there, but mostly pretty forgettable. I'd hoped they'd recover but they've split. Shame.

Oh, and It's Blitz! by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Just... why?! :-(

Zeraiya

Jul 16, 2011
Good Morning Revival from Good Charlotte. Seriously, the original flair and style of their music was lost completely in that album. It really broke my heart. They became just like every other rock band in the music industry and lost what made them original.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Slipknot - All Hope is Gone
This album was half shit and half wannabe Stone Sour.

Disturbed - Asylum
Disturbed is a band that I've come to appreciate for the subtle differences between albums. This album was too similar to previous albums, most notably Believe.

Linkin Park - Anything after Meteora
Just pure garbage.

In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape
I don't know why, I just can't listen to this album like I can all of their others.

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
The Misfits: Earth AD & Wolfsblood

Aside from 20 Eyes, that entire album is complete shit. Every now and then I'll give it another go just to see if it's grown on me at all, and every time I realize it hasn't. Everything about it feels so differant from Static Age & Walk Among Us (Even: American Psycho and Famous Monsters) which is fine, but unnappealing to me.