Least Favorite Album Of Your Favorite Artist

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Mr. Eff said:
DJDarque said:
Slipknot - All Hope is Gone
This album was half shit and half wannabe Stone Sour.
Really? I thought they had evolved their style. They refined their sound, and added more variety - they had their heavy songs, but some softer ones as well. I think the soft tracks broke the album up a bit, and helped distinguish the tracks. Gehenna remains one of my favourite songs.
Speaking of the softer tracks, Corey Taylor has Stone Sour for that. Stone Sour was formed to play the kind of softer stuff he couldn't do with Slipknot. When you have two different bands for two different things you don't need to start mixing them, at least in my opinion.

Psychosocial was generic and flavorless.

All Hope is Gone had too much going on and tripped over itself constantly. If it had about half as many notes it might have been decent.

The rest of the album was just forgettable. I barely recall any specifics.

Opinions.

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
here comes the hate, but fuck it i dont care. Someday Came suddenly by attack attack is just mehhhh compared to they're self titled. self titled was alot heavier, had better screaming and song writting, and didnt have completley autotuned vocals. oh and will never die by brokencyde was a let down(in terms to brokencyde) to me considering im not a fan wasnt completley balls awful

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned. I liked only "The Hunter's Season" from there, while the previous albums I loved 97% of the songs.

I am of course not including their pre-Roy Khan albums...

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
febel said:
xXHaytonLloyd23Xx said:
febel said:
"The Fall" by gorillaz. I liked their first album, loved Demon Days and didn't like plastic beach at first though it grew on me quickly. But The Fall is just...boring. I don't even know why I think so it just is.
Respecting your opinion, but you do realize it was an album not only written and recorded on tour, but with an ipad right?i mean, what more could you honestly expect from a free album recorded on an ipad lol
Nah, I didn't realize that. It kind of makes it even more depressing. I liked what they did before, with an album every 3-4 years where they put loads of work into it and crank out great stuff. Pack the stuff the fall was made of into the various B-sides and stuff.
True damon's first three albums are light years ahead of it, but i mean, there are like 3 or 4 good songs on it. I also find it funny how you said they should pack the fall onto they're b side stuff considering it was originally going to be just that

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
DJDarque said:
Speaking of the softer tracks, Corey Taylor has Stone Sour for that. Stone Sour was formed to play the kind of softer stuff he couldn't do with Slipknot. When you have two different bands for two different things you don't need to start mixing them, at least in my opinion.

All Hope is Gone had too much going on and tripped over itself constantly. If it had about half as many notes it might have been decent.

Opinions.
I see what you mean with the softer tracks - though I can't say I've listened to Stone Sour much.
The tracks that stand out for me on the album are Gematria (The Killing Name) and Gehenna. Gematria jump starts the album, and is the old Slipknot style, but a bit more refined. Gehenna is a nice combination of soft and heavy, and I quite like the lyrics. The way it begins soft and picks up around the 1:52 makes it unique on the album. Corey's vocal style ranges a bit, which is nice to hear.

Do you feel the same of Volume 3?

PleaseDele

Oct 30, 2010
Vault101 said:
phaser? is that like the thing that makes that electronic sound?

I agree there werent that many actual songs on it...but I liked the ones that were there, plus I kinda like the electronic sounds...it feels very cyberpunk to me

I think they were trying somthing VERY different. mabye even tryign to distance themselvs from their past image (whiney nu-metal type thing I guess)
Yeah, it's depth and resolution are high causing a "gurgling" sound. And about the distancing, I think they just tried writing new stuff. Experiment with certain sounds and whatnot. They could just rewrite Hybrid Theory and Meteora but if they did, no one would embrace the classics they are now. It would just get lost in the same stuff.

I just hope their experimenting leads somewhere cooler in the future.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Mr. Eff said:
DJDarque said:

Opinions.
I see what you mean with the softer tracks - though I can't say I've listened to Stone Sour much.
The tracks that stand out for me on the album are Gematria (The Killing Name) and Gehenna. Gematria jump starts the album, and is the old Slipknot style, but a bit more refined. Gehenna is a nice combination of soft and heavy, and I quite like the lyrics. The way it begins soft and picks up around the 1:52 makes it unique on the album. Corey's vocal style ranges a bit, which is nice to hear.

Do you feel the same of Volume 3?
I have mixed feelings about Volume 3. I like it for the most part, besides a track here and there, but it kind revealed the changes that were coming.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Pacs Life by Tupac.
Though to be fair he had pretty much no input considering hed been dead over 10 years.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
NEPAL said:
Iron Maiden - No Prayer For The Dying
You like The X Factor and Virtual XI more? Is....is that possible?
I was just coming to post No Prayer for the Dying as well. I'm honestly not sure whether it's better or worse than the Blaze albums, but because of the different singer and the different tone I don't count them as true Maiden. No Prayer is, however, unmistakably Maiden but also quite bad, so in that sense it's worse. The Blaze albums are less annoying because it's like someone else was producing them, and they do have some merit. NPFTD is more like a shit version of something good, Blaze a parallel version.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I don't like Gorillaz by the Gorillaz yet. Most of their songs are very unappealing.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Nouw said:
I don't like Gorillaz by the Gorillaz yet. Most of their songs are very unappealing.
I really like that album, but it lacks a solid tone, and a decent flow.

RHadley

Dec 5, 2010
For me personally, it's either Goddammit or Alkaline Trio (the EP) - both by Alkaline Trio - which I dislike the most, mainly because the style feels so inconsitent.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
DJDarque said:
Nouw said:
I really like that album, but it lacks a solid tone, and a decent flow.
Well for me it's just the style and sound. Hasn't grown on me yet, unlike the other two albums.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Teargarden by Kaleidyscope by the smashing pumpkins.

I know it's not done yet, but so far there has only being one good song. All the others are pretty meh. But on the bright side, that one song is fucking awesome!

meticadpa

Jul 8, 2010
Paul Gilbert - Space Ship One.

It's still fantastic, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't compare musically to any of his other albums.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Probably Exciter by Depeche Mode. It's not bad... but compared to the excellence I'm used to hearing from them, it kinda was. It sounded like they were trying too hard, and instead of coming up with a fantastic, honest album like they always do, they came up with that.
Luckily, they recorded Playing the Angel a few years after that, and went right back up on top! Man, that was a good album...