Least Favorite Album Of Your Favorite Artist

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
The Beatles: Let it Be

ETA: This is weird because the song Let it Be is one of my favorites.

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
Marilyn Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me. Some of the music was good, but I wasn't fond of the lyrics for the most part. They didn't have the same spark as the former ones, and came across as kind of...lame. I appreciate the change in style, but I didn't really like them.

theComposer

Mar 29, 2009
Paelias said:
SillyBear said:
X & Y by Coldplay. It's got some gems, but most of it is rehashed, pseudo-experimental dross.
This. Compared to their first two albums this one was a letdown.
I disagree. With the exception of Yellow, I did not enjoy Parachutes at all. I think they really hit their stride in ARoBttH, and while X & Y was different, I though it was good in its own way.

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
DJDarque said:
Slipknot - All Hope is Gone
This album was half shit and half wannabe Stone Sour.
Really? I thought they had evolved their style. They refined their sound, and added more variety - they had their heavy songs, but some softer ones as well. I think the soft tracks broke the album up a bit, and helped distinguish the tracks. Gehenna remains one of my favourite songs.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I love Pink Floyd above all others, but I have to admit...

... I've never really cared much for A Saucerful of Secrets.

The shame! The shame!

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
Bad Religion's little stint into pop called "Into The Unknown."

I absolutely adore Bad Religion, but even I had to force my way through that one. There's a reason they all pretend it never happened, and I see why.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
Disturbed: Believe. For the most part the album has only two songs in it I can enjoy. The rest is just... meh. I haven't listened to much of Asylum, yet, though what I've heard so far has not impressed. I'm just not as enthused about the music as I was for Indestructible. It doesn't have the rhythm and the melody of Sickness, Ten Thousand Fists, and Indestructible. Neither album has the bone-grinding, soul-thumping, blood-pumping spirit I've come to expect from Disturbed. The songs meander and feel like they're building up and then never really go anywhere.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Iced Earth by Iced Earth. I don't like their first two singers, but once they got Matt Barlow it was on.

Peter Croft

Jul 14, 2011
As a bright eyes fan I think The Peoples Key is really avererage. I prefer their epic folk influenced albums like: "I'm awake, It's morning" and "Lifted" and this one has a more electonic approach which i liked in "Digital ash in a Digital urn" but in this one it just falls flat

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
DJDarque said:

Disturbed - Asylum
Disturbed is a band that I've come to appreciate for the subtle differences between albums. This album was too similar to previous albums, most notably Believe.

Linkin Park - Anything after Meteora
Just pure garbage.

In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape
I don't know why, I just can't listen to this album like I can all of their others.
Im not a die hard fan of linkin park (do liek their stuff though) Im interested as to why alot of people dislike a thousand suns (and somtimes minutes to midnight) I mean its different but I wouldnt call it garbage,

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Vault101 said:
DJDarque said:

Disturbed - Asylum
Disturbed is a band that I've come to appreciate for the subtle differences between albums. This album was too similar to previous albums, most notably Believe.

Just pure garbage.

I don't know why, I just can't listen to this album like I can all of their others.
Im not a die hard fan of linkin park (do liek their stuff though) Im interested as to why alot of people dislike a thousand suns (and somtimes minutes to midnight) I mean its different but I wouldnt call it garbage,
I guess to be more specific (and honest) I will admit that I've never listen to A Thousand Suns. They failed so badly with Minutes to Midnight that I don't care to even give it a shot.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Muse - The Resistance. Not that it's terrible, but I've come to expect so much better from them, that it was just an enormous let down.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
St goddamn Anger. Just....what were they thinking?

Also, Stadium Arcadium. Just thought of that.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
DJDarque said:
Vault101 said:
DJDarque said:

Disturbed - Asylum

Just pure garbage.

I guess to be more specific (and honest) I will admit that I've never listen to A Thousand Suns. They failed so badly with Minutes to Midnight that I don't care to even give it a shot.
you probably wouldnt like it....

but personally it seems "kinda" more in line with their older heaveyer stuff..in tone and all, its more electronic (which in my humble opinion) gives it a cool cyper punk feel..kinda, especially the song "catalyst"

there arnt that many actualy "real" songs on the album but I like all of them, my favorites being Blackout, when they come for me, the catalyst, it might be worht listen to a few songs if you havnt already, even for jsut another thign to get angrey about

General_Potatoes

Jun 22, 2009
IBlackKiteI said:
Tool - 10'000 Days is pretty much the best and worst of their music rolled into one CD. (those 4 or 5 great songs are worth it though)
Really? I loved that album. All of it. Mine would be A day to remembers "And there name was treason". I really can't listen to it without getting bored.

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
febel said:
"The Fall" by gorillaz. I liked their first album, loved Demon Days and didn't like plastic beach at first though it grew on me quickly. But The Fall is just...boring. I don't even know why I think so it just is.
Respecting your opinion, but you do realize it was an album not only written and recorded on tour, but with an ipad right?i mean, what more could you honestly expect from a free album recorded on an ipad lol

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
General_Potatoes said:
IBlackKiteI said:
Tool - 10'000 Days is pretty much the best and worst of their music rolled into one CD. (those 4 or 5 great songs are worth it though)
Really? I loved that album. All of it. Mine would be A day to remembers "And there name was treason". I really can't listen to it without getting bored.
^This. Although thelast three songs played back to back is just to amazing for words to describe

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
xXHaytonLloyd23Xx said:
febel said:
"The Fall" by gorillaz. I liked their first album, loved Demon Days and didn't like plastic beach at first though it grew on me quickly. But The Fall is just...boring. I don't even know why I think so it just is.
Respecting your opinion, but you do realize it was an album not only written and recorded on tour, but with an ipad right?i mean, what more could you honestly expect from a free album recorded on an ipad lol
Nah, I didn't realize that. It kind of makes it even more depressing. I liked what they did before, with an album every 3-4 years where they put loads of work into it and crank out great stuff. Pack the stuff the fall was made of into the various B-sides and stuff.