LittleBigPlanet 2 Changes the Game by Letting You Design It

Malediozone

Apr 14, 2010
I'm game, as long as they keep it easy. The LBP level editor was simple, and that's what good design is all about.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I've said it before, while I may have LOVED the original LBP, I unfortunately didn't play as much of it as I thought I would. The main reason is that I had no idea what to do with the level editor as there were just too many possibilities and not enough direction with what you could do with those possibilities.

A game like ModNationRacers benefits from being able to create one major thing; race tracks. This allows people to be more creative in a more direct fashion. LBP didn't really have that and I think it suffered because of that (endless supply of crap levels).

That being said, I'm going to buy LBP2 regardless of what the level creation is going to be since I feel that I have a personal obligation to support Media Molecule.

Well, that and Sackboy is way too adorable not to do what he says.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
spinFX said:
When will the PS3 be worth the money? I mean if I didn't already have a 360 and a gaming PC it would be worth it but as it is... I can't justify having yet another console for about 5 exclusive titles that are good.

inFamous
LBP2 (not 1, 1 wasn't quite good enough)
Uncharted 1 and 2
I want to say MGS4 but I haven't played an MGS since it was on the PS1
God of War 3

And that's all I want from a PS3 :S
Heavy Rain (maybe), and the whole mouse and keyboard support that's lacking on the 360 for any non-PC release.

EDIT: it's the mouse and keyboard support that keeps tempting me.

Potato21 said:
Starke said:
As a non PS3 gamer, what do they mean "limited" on the level designer? Was it neutered after all the infringement issues, or what?
You only really could make levels like those in the actual game. Sure some smart cookies found ways around this to make interesting levels, but that was a lot more complex than what you'll have to to do in the sequel by the sounds of it.Cutscenes weren't really all that possible in the first either, nor were custom HUDs (unless you were one of those smart cookies I mentioned earlier, but even then they were basic)
Okay, thanks. I was wondering.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm less excited about the game, but that QR code thing is pretty damn exciting. Imagine hiding those in pictures, or as specifically designed textures in portraits, using them for all kinds of secretive means. Imagine the kinds of things you could hide, for someone else to find out, if they knew how.

atomictoast

Aug 7, 2009
spinFX said:
When will the PS3 be worth the money? I mean if I didn't already have a 360 and a gaming PC it would be worth it but as it is... I can't justify having yet another console for about 5 exclusive titles that are good.

inFamous
Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War 3

Anyone smell something burning?

No really, this isn't the place to start this.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
spinFX said:

inFamous
Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War 3

What do you get from your Xbox360 though?

Personally I'm not enormously happy with my PS3 purchase (I definitely would not be with an Xbox either, though its atleast cheaper), it just hasn't really been particularly worth it when considering the money spent, though I did greatly enjoy LBP. With the second one maybe I will finally appreciate it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Sounds quite fun, just hope they aren't crossing the barrier between amateur level developer to nutjob over-zealous hobby-fanatic developer. Of course the title doesn't apply to those who get Paid doing that.
BehattedWanderer said:
I'm less excited about the game, but that QR code thing is pretty damn exciting. Imagine hiding those in pictures, or as specifically designed textures in portraits, using them for all kinds of secretive means. Imagine the kinds of things you could hide, for someone else to find out, if they knew how.
Twenty years from now it will be revealed the CIA used LBP2 to convey messages out of enemy territory. And they had fun doing it.

If QR code is what I think it is...

Then we are in for some interesting times.
(Image courtesy Schlock Mercenary [http://www.schlockmercenary.com/] by Howard Tayler)

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Kurokami said:
spinFX said:

inFamous
Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War 3

Personally I'm not enormously happy with my PS3 purchase (I definitely would not be with an Xbox either, though its atleast cheaper), it just hasn't really been particularly worth it when considering the money spent, though I did greatly enjoy LBP. With the second one maybe I will finally appreciate it.
Not much anymore. PC gives me far more than both. Initially 360 gave me Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Gears of War 1 and 2, GTA4, Halo 3, Force Unleashed (not a great game but was exclusive for a while and fun).

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
spinFX said:
Kurokami said:
spinFX said:

inFamous
Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War 3

Not much anymore. PC gives me far more than both. Initially 360 gave me Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Gears of War 1 and 2, GTA4, Halo 3, Force Unleashed (not a great game but was exclusive for a while and fun).
The thing I see, and remember this is my opinion and not flame-bait, is that the best combination to have these days is a gaming PC and a PS3. Most "exclusives" on 360 come out on PC, multiplatforms are just better to get on PC if you can, which leaves any kind of home console to be bought based on exclusives. And seeing as a lot of 360 "exclusives" come out on PC and are better on that platform, PS3 seems the way to go.

Yeah, that's completely off topic. On topic, LBP2 sounds awesome. I'm sure some people who've sunk heaps of money into the first one's DLC will be glad to hear it all carries over. It's nice to see they're innovating rather than just refining the first's base design. As far as flexibility goes, I'm sure LBP2 will be the best there is. Although for PC, SC2 will be king. I'm considering getting that solely for the custom games.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
I wonder how long until someone uses it to remake the first LBP, but with Dicks Leprechauns (And Leperchauns for the lesser enemies).

I, for one, would probably make a game that blows itself up.
Not just a stage, an entire game.
thenumberthirteen said:
In LBP the best I could build was a rocket propelled Balloon
You got one working? Mine just spun around until the game started to lag.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Mr. Mike said:
spinFX said:
Kurokami said:
spinFX said:

inFamous
Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War 3

The thing I see, and remember this is my opinion and not flame-bait, is that the best combination to have these days is a gaming PC and a PS3. Most "exclusives" on 360 come out on PC, multiplatforms are just better to get on PC if you can, which leaves any kind of home console to be bought based on exclusives. And seeing as a lot of 360 "exclusives" come out on PC and are better on that platform, PS3 seems the way to go.

Yeah, that's completely off topic. On topic, LBP2 sounds awesome. I'm sure some people who've sunk heaps of money into the first one's DLC will be glad to hear it all carries over. It's nice to see they're innovating rather than just refining the first's base design. As far as flexibility goes, I'm sure LBP2 will be the best there is. Although for PC, SC2 will be king. I'm considering getting that solely for the custom games.
I agree. PS3 and a PC combined guarantees you the most exclusives. Quality of exclusives though, completely opinion based here: I like the 360 more INITIALLY. Considering the "exclusives" keep popping up on PC I might just go ahead and say over all PS3 wins.

If I had to choose just 1 console and couldn't afford a PC, I'd go 360 though :p

Anyways I don't mean to drag this so far off topic. Only poor people who can't afford multiple platforms need to argue over which console is best :p

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
TheNumber1Zero said:
thenumberthirteen said:
In LBP the best I could build was a rocket propelled Balloon
You got one working? Mine just spun around until the game started to lag.
Well it wasn't a complete success. I made a basket to sit in, and a balloon out of pink floaty stuff. It had a tendency to fly away uncontrollably so I stuck rockets on switches to it. One for up, and one for down. I wouldn't dare leave the house if one of those really existed.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
So basically they made Klik & Play

...all right. Not sure it's really that amazement-worthy but I guess time will tell.