LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Avoid Christmas

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Anyone else impressed as to how well the mail fell directly into the shredder?

Speaking of which, I hope this season's Daily Drop results in some destroyed fruitcake [http://farm1.static.flickr.com/105/315472234_05f3b4f50b.jpg?v=0]. Who's with me?

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Very tempting, I must admit.

Bah! Humbug! [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheGrinch]

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Cameron Sours said:
Convert! (Nice internal reference)

Also, This: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401143/
The "It's a not so wonderful life" one was also an internal reference of sorts from an old video "It's a Wonderful Game": http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/184/Its-a-Wonderful-Game

Anyway great episode. I was laughing out loud for the Bzzzzzzzzzt, extreme muffling, screening mail, a not so wonderful life, and convert.

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
Spot1990 said:
Oh good, I was beginning to worry I was the only one who hated this season. Then again, I work in a mall. I've been tired of Christmas since before Hallowe'en.
I work in retail, I know the feeling. (Side Story) I got this job not that long ago and moved in with my sister for the time being. So two days ago a giant blizzard hit and I got sent home early, so I come home to my sister and her husband blasting Christmas music. After a few minutes of that, and against my families wishes, I went back out into the storm to buy booze. I was surprised to see so many people in the liquor section at the store during the worst storm this season, but I guess they know priorities. I get back with two cases in hand, open the door and see my sister putting in the Charlie Brown Christmas DVD. The booze run may have saved my life. I hate Christmas.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Great video as always. When I saw the inflatable Santa I knew it would somehow link to the "War of Christmas" video, and sure enough it did.
Quick question though, while I like the reference to Conan's Witness, does Mat's conversion in this video mean that this actually happened before (chronologically) the Conan video?

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
LadyRhian said:
It's not so much Christmas I hate, it's those (expletive deleted) Christmas Carols the stores play. I don't mind the Mannheim Steamroller Jazz remixes, but listening to the same damn carols every time I enter a store makes me want to pierce my eardrums with an icepick. The only non-standard Christmas songs exempt from the "I like" are "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" and "Dominic the Christmas Donkey". The "Hee-Haws" are what kill that one for me.

Even this one isn't bad...

And you guys forgot... Don't watch Christmas Specials!
............ Really?
Thanks man. It took me 3 YEARS to get that song out of my head!!!!!
I only listened to it cause I thought it was the "you're a mean on" song!!!!!!!

OT: my sides are still hurting from laughing so hard from "not so wonderful life"

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Laughs all around, although I especially liked the EMP, screen your mail, and The Not So Wonderful Life. Bye Graham. :(

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
How many takes did that paper shredder thing take? Also, I love how Matt made a pillow fort.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Awesome special effects with the EMP there. I thought you guys actually pulled it off for a bit there!

And I must say, Matt had one hell of a pillow fort going there. That was pretty sweet.

allmannoel357 said:
I dont get the "not-so-wonderful-life" joke, can someone please explain it?
Its a reference to an old Christmas movie called "Its a Wonderful Life". A guy feels worthless around Christmas time and is about to jump off a bridge, when a random "guy" (angel) stops him and shows him what life would be life without him. They guy feels appreciated and then goes on to have a happy Christmas.

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
Nice. I'VE HAD IT! I must obtain sheet music for that Back-ground piano piece!

In-jokes from a completely unrelated series, NTAS, made the "Kill The Log" part much funnier than it should have been. LOOOOGG'D! "Why do I keep on mistaking people for logs!"

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
The Vuvuzela one was hilarious. I liked how you didn't even write "Use a Vuvuzela" you only wrote "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ."

Frankly, I don't hate christmas, but people go waaaaay too gaga over it.

Also, PERFECT casting Matt as the cynical christmas hater. He always seems to play that character, and go for your strengths, guys!

Spolin

Nov 22, 2010
So many LRR references in this one, mostly to old Christmas related videos.

Let's hope the Inflatable Santa doesn't get Rosco P. Jangles IV, we don't want a repeat of what happened to his father.