Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
DeadSp8s said:
Awexsome said:
DeadSp8s said:
you wanna watch the FBI and Sony ream guys in the ass?
Totally. They deserve every minute of jailtime they get over it.
Why? Cause you couldn't play Socom for a couple days?

Didn't Sony sell PS3 touting their capability to run multiple operating systems (i.e. Linux) and then go back on that by removing functions and punishing it's users until they updated their PS3's to remove the capability to run other OS's?

Sounds like Sony should be punished....oh wait
I think the whole "hacking a network" is the illegal bit. regardless of what sony did, turning to illegal acts and pretending to be acting for everyone is as stupid as it sounds. They hacked, they got caught. /gg.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
godfist88 said:
Finally, i was getting tired hearing about this guy.

but seriously, what this guy was doing was pretty selfish.
~.^

You do understand LulzSec isn't just one guy, right?

Also, the Escapist's obsession with prison rape is... disturbing.

What if they got the wrong guy? Has anyone read <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.289675-Looks-like-LulzSec-is-in-trouble#11485339>Dexter111's post on the first page?

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Could be they are doing what Anon does. The drones take the blame and the heat while the actual brains sit back and cause havoc. Or LulzSec is finally getting slowly quashed. Im not fussed how it goes, Sony getting a beating for a few more weeks is also fine by me. See Sony? This is why you dont store sensitive data in cardboard boxes outside the office!

Shydrow

Feb 8, 2010
DeadSp8s said:
Awexsome said:
DeadSp8s said:
you wanna watch the FBI and Sony ream guys in the ass?
Totally. They deserve every minute of jailtime they get over it.
Why? Cause you couldn't play Socom for a couple days?

Didn't Sony sell PS3 touting their capability to run multiple operating systems (i.e. Linux) and then go back on that by removing functions and punishing it's users until they updated their PS3's to remove the capability to run other OS's?

Sounds like Sony should be punished....oh wait
Yeah cause the idiots who wanted it talked about stealing games with it and abusing the system. I wonder why they removed it again?

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
Awexsome said:
GrimHeaper said:
-snip for broken quote box-
I don't blame the victim of crimes. It's like the "she was asking for it" defense of raping someone.
No it isn't. Like, at all. And anybody who thinks so needs to examine that line of reasoning.

Imagine your bank leaves the doors of the vault open and unguarded, and someone walks in and takes it all. Along with your details. It's certainly illegal and wrong to steal the money, but to make little to no effort to prevent it is wrong also, and betrays the customers trust.

The company should be expecting an attack and should coordinate itself appropriately.

It is not appropriate for someone to make a conscious effort to not get raped (however one may do that) because of the law. Rape isn't something someone should expect, or be expected to prevent should it happen to them.

IMO the whole thought process of "Sony and their customers deserved this and brought it upon them" is just disgusting.

These. People. Are. Criminals. They look to exploit weaknesses they find in society with means that are harmful to everyone. Sony was slacking people say? Ok then. YOU develop a foolproof security system that could resist the concerted efforts of some of the dedicated criminals trying to get past it. It's not a bunch of 8 year olds guessing passwords here. The thing that people like to spread to hurt Sony's image is that these hackers could be blocked by anyone else and that they could do what they did with some Google research. Utter bullshit.
Gotta love this type of argument...WHAT? You think (x) is a shitty (y), then YOU do better! So, instead of expecting competence from someone who is a professional, we should all become expert amateurs and do everything ourselves? Idiotic.

This kind of security breach doesn't happen to other companies, other companies encrypt their data, THEREFORE someone else already is doing it, there are already security systems in place to prevent or reduce data loss, hence why other companies aren't getting hacked and storing data online is actually possible.

This is the face (or lack thereof) of organized crime in our day and age. Old pirates on the high seas, the Mafia... the only way this group ends up not in their ranks is that they can't kill anyone directly with their means. They are trying with all their might to ruin many peoples' lives though and for that they should all be imprisoned.
Well they are exposing Sony's incompetence, sure they are hardly moral white knights either, but then you aren't paying them to serve you a shit sandwich.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
CM156 said:
Anyone else hoping this person gets the book thrown at them? Amongst other things?

Ah, well, I hope they catch the rest of these assholes and make them suffer.
I think anyone affected by this should get to vote for their punishment. I choose hanging!
No not really i don't care since he's just a human being and not a god so either way he will die one day and knowing that some of the idiots on here will too die someday.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Spartan448 said:
For once, the FBI does something... WHEN IT IS NOT AT ALL A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY. STOP focusing on petty hackers who spend their time hacking SONY of all companies, and START actually LOOKING for AL QUEIDA, who want to KILL US.
I'm not sure you understand how the FBI operates.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Still would rather see Lulz win than the FBI, they are just government sanctioned criminals.

Arkonnan

Feb 2, 2010
Saviordd1 said:
Honestly I'm rooting for lulzsec. They are willing to show these people how poorly these companies defend themselves, which is needed.
While you have a point with the needed trial-by-fire of major security systems, I can't say I'm rooting for lulzsec. while they do admittedly bring the lulz, the joke has gone on too far and they are poking their noses in to the wrong places (i.e. at the fbi). Also, they, no matter what their reasons, are vigilantes. Vigilante justice is never warrented unless lives are at stake, which in this situation, there clearly aren't. We don't know lulzsec's ultimate goal. For all we know, the "lulz" they are bringing are a cover for something more sinister, or they could just be doing it "4 teh lulz." Who knows.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
FalloutJack said:
And now the glorious game begins, in which everybody the FBI catches them, one by one, and they're are placed all in separate rooms wearing those ugly orange jumpsuits and forced to spill the beans. Then, they'll line up all their computers in front of a firing squad and tell the men to open fire. And afterwards, a flamethrower will be employed. Why is it that no one ever sees the consequences of their actions? "No no, I won't be caught, 'CAUSE I'M SPECIAL!". Right. Tell me another one.
Sadly most won't be caught. From what someone else posted on the first page this guy isn't a member of their group. This could be a way for them to save face but I doubt that. We get a few hackers every once in awhile but they are never the realllyyy dangerous dickish ones, the ones who sit behind a computer and feel manlier... or womanlier. Or they could be overseas, these guys can just hide too well.

OP: I wish it was as big a deal as everyone thinks it is but I doubt it is. I hope when they do find the guys they all get the usual criminal cases and if those don't stick or aren't sufficient sony, nintendo, and other companies file civil suits against them all.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Eternal Taros said:
GrimHeaper said:
Awexsome said:
GrimHeaper said:
-snip for broken quote box-
I don't blame the victim of crimes. It's like the "she was asking for it" defense of raping someone.
Your argument is invalid worldwide try again and your prison system crap doesn't help the problem. Justice is arbitrary for the most part and doesn't really help anyone in the long run, in fact it hurts you even more. Now perhaps you are thinking" I don't want it to hurt me more", well sir maybe you want them shoot and killed very little harm to you, but much harm to their families and children. I was kidding abotu the harm to them everyone knows hackers arn't POEPLE1!1!11!
And to clarify on the rape IN OTHER COUNTRIES IT IS THE WOMAN'S FAULT LULZ!
Dirty Hipsters said:
Saviordd1 said:
Honestly I'm rooting for lulzsec. They are willing to show these people how poorly these companies defend themselves, which is needed.
So apparently if a bank gets robbed, and a bunch of bank customers and employees die during the robbery it's all the bank's fault for not having 15 armed marines guarding every entrance. Ok then.
Nah, I would say that it's the people that got shot faults they just stood there.
Oh god what is this incoherent pile of shit?
Justice is arbitrary?
Their fault they got shot for standing there?
It takes a very special kind of stupid to match the level of retardation seen in your post.

OT: Fuck yeah lulzsec deserves all the punishment they get.
And I have yet not tried to insult anyone, who is the troll here?
"OH NO HE HAS DIFFERENT THOUGHTS GET RIF OF HIM" BLAHBLAHBLAH.
It is actually partly their faults like it or not(they could have done SOMETHING),it's also the banks,the robbers, and what motivated the robbers to do it in the first place many people are at fault and the police who didn't get there quick enough and whatever made those people go to the bank that day. Placing the blame on a single person doesn't help when everyone is to blame in some small way.

Not that I was the one that suggested a terrible comparison to the hackers.
Virtual security isn't the same as real life security you have to learn that people.
Justice is entirely arbitrary and what I see right now is not justice, but vengeance.
People calling out for blood for someone who may be innocent. As they say "Innocent before proven guilty" Truly barbaric to thank that this man is in trouble before you know if he really did anything. Are you going to throw tomatoes at him next while he goes to the guillotine like medieval peasants? Because that the modern world equivalent of what many of you are doing.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
callit4 said:
Beardly said:
I'm really surprised by how many people are really rooting against LulzSec. I don't think they're heroes or anything but I also can't sympathize with a multi-billion dollar company enough to villanize them the way most of the people in this thread are.
So it's ok to rob people if they are rich sounds like some bad logic.
Actually he has a point if you'd look a little deeper.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
jpoon said:
Still would rather see Lulz win than the FBI, they are just government sanctioned criminals.
That's like saying you would rather theives win than tax collecters, because the latter are just government sanctioned theives. Sorry, but no. And I remind you that what one of these groups is doing is illegal?

arkonnan said:
Also, they, no matter what their reasons, are vigilantes. Vigilante justice is never warrented unless lives are at stake, which in this situation, there clearly aren't.
I agree. But Vigilante Justice is rarely warented, because it breaks the rules. Only when government is illegitimate and tramling on God-given rights is Vigilante Justice a good idea.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Spartan448 said:
For once, the FBI does something... WHEN IT IS NOT AT ALL A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY. STOP focusing on petty hackers who spend their time hacking SONY of all companies, and START actually LOOKING for AL QUEIDA, who want to KILL US.
Yes, I agree heartily. While we're at it, we should confiscate the Humane Society's funding to instead focus on increased production of hand grenades.
The fact that thousands of personal profiles and credit card information was leaked is a huge crime, and it shouldn't be looked down on as if its some petty nuisance.
I mean, you're basically saying that cops should only hunt down murderers instead of arresting muggers as well.

Edit: May have mispoken about the credit card thing, I realize that now. I don't exactly have my stories straight, but I think it still applies to the overall message at any point.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Oh boy. That kid's life is over. There's nothing but witness protection after this.

Note: I call everyone a kid, and it said nothing about his age, so... yeah. Whatever.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I'm really happy about this and to be honest I probably wouldn't care if Lulzsec weren't so god damn cocky, theres nothing better in my opinion than seeing arrogant fools get their comeuppance.