Lose/Lose - The Game That Deletes Your Files

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Sneaklemming said:
Wow someone has a highscore of over 4000. That's pretty hardcore, even without the whole "ruining your whole computer thing".
Not really, it just means he created a drive partition and filled it with empty folders before playing.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
It's nice that they want to make a message or something but it should be done in a more logical fashion. The only way a game would be more widely avoided would be if it said "Free herpes with every purchase!"on the box. A message does no good if people avoid it QED.

UkibyTheMaid

Aug 11, 2009
Good Lord. That's not even right.

Aren't games supposed to be, you know, fun?

A game that randomly deletes files form your computer is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally far from fun.

Unless you want to 'format' your drive in a very creative way. And, even that wouldn't work because, at some point, this thing would probably delete a file that keeps the game running ¬.¬

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
When a game does this by accident, it's pilloried by critics as a buggy pile of shit that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a PC.

When a game does this on purpose? There's a term for a program that does that, and Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, and the makers of Avast like to stick the word "anti-" before it when touting their own wares.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Everyone going 'what a dumb game' or 'who would play it' are People who missed the point.

Its a fun game to get someone to play as a prank though.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
So...Basically it's the game that does what I did to my aunts computer when I was a little kid

It randomly deletes things until the computer ceases functioning altogether.

Jan 23, 2009
Evil Tim said:
Sneaklemming said:
Wow someone has a highscore of over 4000. That's pretty hardcore, even without the whole "ruining your whole computer thing".
Not really, it just means he created a drive partition and filled it with empty folders before playing.
No I mean, that's a high score!!!!

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
On the one hand it's an ingenius statement of the importance of technology.

On the other hand it's incredibly stupid considering how important technology is with our lives when we might have system files, personal files and business files involved.

Touche Lose/Lose.

Feb 13, 2008
Monkeyman8 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Grief...these non DOS users.

attrib +r *.* C:

Go ahead punk, make my drive.
you sir win. but wouldn't you want to do +w instead of +r. +r doesn't let you manipulate just read.
Ah, but +r stops deletion by any means, you can always -r afterwards.

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
When you "-r" everything afterward, won't you be setting everything -- including a bunch of files that were read-only before you started messing with the attributes -- to writable?

-- Alex

Feb 13, 2008
Alex_P said:
When you "-r" everything afterward, won't you be setting everything -- including a bunch of files that were read-only before you started messing with the attributes -- to writable?

-- Alex
True, but I'm assuming you kept a record of which ones were which? When you play with DOS, you need to know the rules. :)

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
As much as I love art games, this game just fails at whatever message it's trying to convey. No one is going to voluntarily download what is essentially malware, and as a result no one is going to be discussing any of the things that the artist mentioned in their summary.