LucasArts Promises to Stop Disappointing Fans

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
HankMan said:
So Battlefront 3 is a go?
Ninja'd before I even had a chance to post. Yes Lucasarts, if you want my money again get working on BF3 NOW!!!
Battlefront 3?

Screw that! Re-release KotOR 1 & 2 with restored content and make 3, damn it!

crazeecurt

Mar 24, 2009
I'd love to see some games centered around the New Jedi Order era. The war against the Yuuzhan Vong is ripe with both space and ground battles. And the Vong are much more interesting enemies than clones or droids. Man I'm sick of the clone wars.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
It's not that the games aren't good per se, it just that there isn't much of the game in there to play. I'm glaring at you Force Unleashed 2.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
WaaghPowa said:
Honestly, I'll believe it when I see it. A good Star Wars flight sim would be nice...
Just imagine what they'd do to it. There's no way could they resist putting it in the prequel era.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
TheSniperFan said:
OK, start with making Jedi Knight 4. And make it like Jedi Knight 2 and not like 3.
I'd love that, but it'd take some hard work coming up with a way to get Kyle Katarn back into action. Maybe remake the original Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight? It's one of my all-time favorite games, but jeez, is it ugly.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Hire Tim Schaefer back, make adventure games

Also remake Jedi Knight 1/Dark Forces 2 (without the goofy video cutscenes), and for gawd sake release a tie fighter sequel

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Amen to a New X Wing and/or Tie Fighter., at the very least an awesome Rouge Squadron for more platforms then Nintendo would be nice. I wanna see what an A Wing can do in 1080p!

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
I'm going to echo what some of you guys have already said. Lucas arts, please make jedi knights 4 & Kotor 3. Sadly this will probably never happen.

Apr 28, 2008
HankMan said:
So Battlefront 3 is a go?
Exactly what I was going to post.

No more damn PSP Battlefront games Lucasarts, we want a proper Battlefront 3 on current-gen consoles!

darksaber64x

Aug 15, 2008
I'm hesitant to think what they'd do with an X-Wing or TIE Fighter reboot.

I loved those games to death when they came out, but I'm worried they'd make it more like Rogue Squadron than what it really was.

Oh well, he's to hoping they start making decent stuff once in a while.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
After X-Wing Alliance, it all went downhill.

Battlefront III is likely to be different than the others, seeing as Pandemic was bought by EA and then closed. Republic Commando was panned, so that might be an unlikely recipient of a do-over.

The Jedi Knight series? Some of the most fun I've ever had in the SW universe.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
canadamus_prime said:
One way you could quit disappointing me would be to stop milking Star Wars all the bloody time. That cow is dead and has been for several years now, stop trying to squeeze milk out of it.
I'd consider that plan B.

Plan A should be 'stop letting people who don't get star wars make star wars games'.

And by 'don't get star wars' I mean 'don't get the original trilogy'. This includes George Lucas.

I mean, a long time ago (in a galaxy..) George Lucas came up with the brilliant idea of stealing the plots from samurai films, filtering them through a loose understanding of psychoanalysis as envisaged by Joseph Campbell and setting them in space. Somehow, it worked. That was good. A lot of people liked it.

Star Wars is not just a setting for lightsaber fights and force powers and clone armies. The reason it was popular and formative to so many people was because it was so incredibly archetypal and it was written with an understanding of story structure. The only game I've ever seen realistically attempt to capture that was KotoR.

So yeah Lucasarts. There's a reason why people still bleat on about KotoR and noone will give a soggy shit about Force Unleashed in a couple of years. Just saying.

To be honest, I'm honestly not sure the IP is terribly relevant to todays gaming generation, but I hold out hope it can be made so without simultaneously being made shit.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
only thing that came to mind, reading the title

Oxymoron

after reading the article >.> nothing has changed