LucasFilms Confirms adding "NOOOOOO!" to Return of the Jedi

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
It was bad enough when he did it in revenge of the sith is George Lucas trying to make it his catchphrase or something?

There's only one way to stop this crap from happening send Lucas a message cancel your pre-orders and don't buy this.

At least there's an upside to this, I don't think he's screwed with empire strikes back yet.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Oh dear George. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I'd still probably have been able to handle it if it was a proper, hugely melodramatic NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That at least would have a place in a sci-fi fantasy epic like Star Wars. But wtf was that Lucas! That didn't sound like a man watching his son being tortured, that sounded like a man who'd just lost his wallet!

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Sabrestar said:
Snippage.
I'm gonna be honest: this almost brought tears to my eyes. Not because it being about Star Wars, mind you - it all just sounds motivating and endearing. :)

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
If it is being released on Blue ray maybe it should have all vertions of the movies,

Origianal compleatly unchanged
Second run
Third run
Forth and so forth

then you can watch the star wars YOU want to watch...what is the likly hood that is ever going to happen.

How popular do you recon STAR WARS unchanged addition or no more lucus vomit addition would be on dvd and blue ray

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
I'm with Yahtzee now that the shit now vastly outweighs the good. I mean is it necessary to have this I mean really.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
For the love of God George, STOP MESSING IT UP!!! You're free to do whatever you like to the new trilogy, but leave the established stuff alone! It may not seem like much, but by adding the "NOOOO!" to this scene, he is undermining both dramatic tension and the character of Darth Vader.

I swear George needs to be taken away from the editing desk and given a colouring book and crayons...

oblivion328

Jun 12, 2010
rcs619 said:
I wonder how long it will take before the old DVD releases get discontinued or updated with this change too.
They already have been discontinued as far as I can tell. They're still in stock some places, but 20th Century Fox has stopped distributing them.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

I just want to get the original movies as they were back then, but on bluray. Why is that such a difficult thing for you to understand Lucas. Making pointless additions is.. well pointless. Just stop it.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
Star Wars Fanbase: We've heard, that you're going to make Darth Vader say "NOOO!" in the new realease of Return of the Jedi. Is that true?
LucasFilms: No. NOOO!
Star Wars Fanbase: ...really?
LucasFilms: No.
Star Wars Fanbase: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/]

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
What's next? You add Jar Jar Binks to the cantina scene, or re-record Alec Guinness's dialogue in Star Wars to include midi-chlorians?
DON'T GIVE HIM IDEA'S!!!
I'll give him an idea. Have Hayden Christiansen dub over all of James Earl Jones' dialog in Episodes 4 through 6. Wouldn't that be great?

Sure, we laugh now, but we'll be crying when Lucas decides this is a good idea.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
My reaction to the 'improved' clip:

My God George, hand in your editing license already, you've failed too many times. This is just further proof of why the fans need to step up and stop you from ruining your own movies.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Cross posting from the other thread because this is the news thread and new people are here...

Wicket has eyes.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7108/ewoksi.jpg Click at your own risk.