Man Finds Ecstasy Tabs in Used GTA Game

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Wait...
GTA4 isn't supposed to come with free drugs?

Mine did and it was new. I just thought it was a new policy.

Also 12 is a bit young for GTA, maybe in another couple of years if he's a mature kid.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
Art imitates life, eh?

I could jump on the "12 year old's dad lets said 12 YEAR OLD play GTA4" but meh, why bother?

I will note, however, that if this had happened in the states CNN would have been all over it and we'd have had ever parent group around screaming for Rockstar's collective heads and a ban on video games and what these games are doing to our young minds and where are the parents in all of this and we should give lobatomies to all video game players so they dont shoot their families over Halo and... er... I got a little off topic there, sorry.

Anyway, is this ironic? Sure as heck is. Is it news? Only if you cant find anything else to rag about. =D

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Doug said:
Why was he giving his 12 year old son an 18 rated game? Although Gamestation where rather stupid not to check what was in the box. Good grief.
Maybe for some reason, he thought his son would be able to cope with GTA IV and be able to see the difference between murder in RL, and GTA murder.

MegMurph

Mar 4, 2008
So knowing Mitsubishi marked pills are E is common knowledge?

I wouldn't think most adults would say "These must be Ecstasy!!"

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Gothproxy said:
Art imitates life, eh?

I could jump on the "12 year old's dad lets said 12 YEAR OLD play GTA4" but meh, why bother?

I will note, however, that if this had happened in the states CNN would have been all over it and we'd have had ever parent group around screaming for Rockstar's collective heads and a ban on video games and what these games are doing to our young minds and where are the parents in all of this and we should give lobatomies to all video game players so they dont shoot their families over Halo and... er... I got a little off topic there, sorry.

Anyway, is this ironic? Sure as heck is. Is it news? Only if you cant find anything else to rag about. =D
Well, we're British, don'tcherknow? *looks for a pipe to pretend to smoke with, and possibly a flat gap *

Jast

Mar 18, 2009
You know this whole article is bigger news because the kid was 12. So, he's 12, bought and M-rated game, found drugs inside the box of said game. It kind of makes me wonder if this will be taken as another, "M-rated games are destroying our childrens' minds. To make matters worse, there are drugs being found in these awful games. Mature games should be banned." That junk infuriates me.

Also, on the issue of the store rigorously checking its used products, I kind of have my doubts. See, I work at a store that buys, among various other things, used video games. Really, the only thing we make sure is that the game disc is in good condition (no scratches, smudges, food, etc.) and it came in its own cover art. We don't even care about the instruction manuels. That's what makes me suspicious.

VincentMm

Feb 13, 2009
Gothproxy said:
And that's the magic sentence that sums everything up perfectly.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
stormcaller said:
A game about smuggling drugs is smuggling drugs? Awesome!
Totally...

The point still stands though. What was the twelve year old doing playing an 18 game? I'm 15 and My parents have only just let me play 18 rated games, but still with limiters. They refuse to let me have either Manhunt OR GTA OR Canis Canem Edit OR Any other Rockstar Related game (Goodbye ping pong).

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
It's already been said before that this guys son shouldn't of been playing GTA 4.

But I don't know why all you guys are surprised, cause when I was twelve all my friends had a copy of GTA San Andreas,doesn't make it right but still. I never owned a copy though thanks to my dad being a police officer.

Doug said:
Bob_Marley42 said:
Or at least I hope they do, the last time I bought a preowned game off them the techtree poster was in French!
Ewww, French.
Dégouttent,Anglais!

RebornKusabi

Mar 11, 2009
Wait wait wait wait wait.... he was "disgusted" that he found drugs, in a game's instruction manual, for a "M"-rated game? And he was going to let his 12 year old son play this game?

What the hell? Am I missing something here? Is it still April Fools Day, because this whole thing stinks. Are people, specifically adult parents, really this stupid?!?!

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
oh dear it's the end of the world! But really, who should be more worried, the guy who found the drugs in the game or the stoner who just realised he sent, no, sold his drugs for way less than they're worth?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
RebornKusabi said:
Wait wait wait wait wait.... he was "disgusted" that he found drugs, in a game's instruction manual, for a "M"-rated game? And he was going to let his 12 year old son play this game?

What the hell? Am I missing something here? Is it still April Fools Day, because this whole thing stinks. Are people, specifically adult parents, really this stupid?!?!
Apparently and unfortunetly, yes.

kickin wiing

Jan 5, 2009
Cheeze_Pavilion said:
MegMurph said:

Dude got caught in a compromising position as far as his stash and came up with a crazy story.
Wait, if it was his stash why would he call the game store and the police to tell them he found drugs in the game box?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
MegMurph said:

Mitsi's are quite legendary in the UK among users or ex-users, and have been since the 80's.

According to the original story [http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Fathers_anger_at_finding_ecstasy_in_computer_game&in_article_id=615148&in_page_id=34] the father's only 34, so there's a good chance he'd know what they are though first hand knowledge or experience.

Also it's well documented that Mitsubushi's are a brand of E in most anti-drug literature and information available to parents in the UK, for example http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs.aspx?id=180 - a booklet similar to this page is given to most children and parents as part of the FRANK campaign in the UK.

I'm guessing that at one point in his youth, the father has used drugs. Once you have, you never look at a ball of clingfilm or folded piece of tinfoil in quite the same way again.