Manly Tears

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
WhoaItsBrett said:
The last time I cried manly tears was when I saw Toy Story 3.
It was a great movie, but had a lot of depressing moments.
Agreed. Brilliant movie... but absolutely heartbreaking at some points.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Toy Story 3.

You know exactly what I'm talking about.
I actually watched that film tonight. Touching, sure, but I didn't cry.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
The end of Final Fantasy Crisis Core is probably the only time. And at one stage I thought Garrus had died in Mass Effect 2 but he was OK!

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Episode 8 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Later.... buddy.

Spoilers, seriously. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVfs1FAs10#t=22m30s]

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
The end to "Big Fish". That was one of the few times I've ever actually been moved by a film.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Hateren47 said:
No such thing as manly tears.

Seymour nooo waaaa-hahaa, it's just so sad.
Definitely this. I saw it a few years ago, and it was the last time I really cried.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
In the words of my friend: 'Men don't cry, they sweat through their eyes.'

Anyway,the song 'Dance with my Father,' never fails to make me well up at the very least:

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

If you played it... you know when, *sniffle* YOU FUCKING KNOW!

*Breaks down crying*

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
Hateren47 said:
No such thing as manly tears.

Seymour nooo waaaa-hahaa, it's just so sad.
Yes!! "sob" I knew I wasn't the only one!

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
hmmm, are manly tears physical? if so, no, I haven't cried manly tears. Though I must admit that sometimes such event almost occurred, can't really remember when or why though, sorry. Some of the close calls might have occurred in my "almost depressed" periods. I not even sure if I was even worthy enough to post something here, but I guess if it counts as my opinion, and you can somewhat make some numbers for some study out of it.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Dango said:
Clannad and Clannad After Story.

It will make anyone cry.

And a bunch of other animes.
Hosker said:
Clannad after story, that's the only time.
Just finished that an hour ago. The last 6-8 episodes I was blubbing my manly MANLY tears. I had a large manly puddle by the time it was finished.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Hazy said:
These stories from an archived /v/ thread:
My dad and I used to play Super Black Bass Fishing on the SNES when I was younger. I hated the damn game, because I hated fishing and the outdoors in general, but it was the only game he could really get into.

We used to have Saturday "fishing trips" where we'd lock ourselves in the den, make sure my mom and sister left us the fuck alone, and we'd play this game. I slowly started to enjoy it, because it's impossible to be mad at anything when you and your dad are drinking pop and beer (respectively), eating chips, swapping stories and the controller, and having fun.

My dad was more like a bro than a dad. He'd encourage me if I needed encouragement, put me in my place if I was a ****, and always had my back. As I grew older, I'd come home heartbroken from being dumped, and he'd tell me stories of some crazy ***** he'd been with in the sixties or whatever, and always make me feel better. He'd come to the bar with me, sing karaoke with me, and even once punched a guy in the mouth for trying to start a fight with me over, of all things, my t-shirt. That man was so great that, when I was ten, I saw Guns n' Roses in concert in Los Angeles with my cousin. I came home screaming about how I wanted to be Slash because he was so cool and I want to play guitar, so he went and sold one of the rifles my grandfather left him to buy me an electric guitar. I still have it, and when I played onstage for the first time with my guitar instructor in 2001, he was in the audience, crying and telling everyone "that's my boy!". Fuck, I'm tearing up. Back on-topic.

Anyways, he died in 2003, from heart problems. I miss him terribly, and just about a year ago I downloaded the Super Black Bass ROM and resolved to finish it for my pa. We had never beaten it.

I finally did and I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my life. It only took us about thirteen years, but we did it, Dad. I love you man.
Manly tears.
wow, that stuff made me feel really sad, especially the Half-Life one.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I almost shed a mantear when I cut myself shaving.. WITH A CHAINSAW!

Seriously, the end of CoD4 makes me sad and wanting to shed a mantear for Gaz :(
EDIT: Half-Life 2: Episode 2 ending. :'(

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
1997's La vita è bella

2010's Toy Story 3
(if you didn't you are not a 90's child)

When you realize that what you felt was a deliciously crunchy popcorn is actually a piece of unpopped corn, but it's too late to spit it out, it's now ruined the flavour in your mouth for the rest of the day