Mark Wahlberg Confirmed For Lead Role in Uncharted Movie

JakBandit2208

Jun 11, 2009
aNimeKing33 said:
I honestly think they should have used James Roday(main guy from Psych)

but it doesn't matter since I'm still going too see it.
I thought the exact same thing when they announced the movie, he would fit perfectly but I think Walhberg can do it just watch him in The Other Guys.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
So...It interested Nathan Fillion, was given to Mark Wahlberg, and might also have Joe Pesci and Robert de Niro?

This could be the greatest movie ever...

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
DSK- said:
I can't say I've liked any one of Wahlberg's movies. Not one. Still, here's hoping this turns out alright.
It depends for me. I liked the Departed, though he wasn't really the main charcater. I really enjoyed the Italain Job and Invincible. His humor comes out in his cameos on Entourage. This movie probably needed a name behind it, hence he was chosen.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
WAHLBURG?! Man, if he's one thing, it's NOT Nathan Drake. I'm kind of also confused why people say he's a good actor all the time, are we watching the same movies? I mean he wasn't bad in the departed or the perfect storm, but I think the one two punch that was The Happening and Max Payne ruined Mark Wahlburg for me.

Anyways, maybe I just haven't seen a knock out Wahlburg performance. Give me something like Emma Thompson in Stranger than Fiction level of performance.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Boogie Nights starred Mark Wahlberg
Planet of the Apes starred Marky Mark (Actually it starred Heston, but hey)
Uncharted - I'm hoping Mark Wahlberg but I'm preparing for Marky Mark.

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
Flac00 said:
aNimeKing33 said:
I honestly think they should have used James Roday(main guy from Psych)

but it doesn't matter since I'm still going too see it.
Hmm, i haven't seen him do anything were he needs to be tough....but that would be a pretty cool choice. As long as we don't have gus tagging along.
You're right. If Gus tagged along it would be too awesome and funny for our mortal minds to handle.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
Is Nathan fillon that great of an actor? I mean sure he did Fire Fly but what else? I think Mark fits the role much better and despite some blunders, Max Payne, Happening, I think he's a great actor. I mean it's not like Max Payne was his fault, it was just the most poorly written and directed film ever.

People should get over Nathan Fillon. Really get over him.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
I kind of have mixed feelings about this. I really wanted to see either Fillion or North play the role, and Wahlberg has never really struck me as a 'Drake' kind of person.

That being said, David O Russell has gotten some really good performances from him, and even made him funny in I Heart Huckabees (yes, I like that film, I know, I know...), so I guess that does leave me a little more open-minded about this casting.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
This is just stupid. Mark Wahlberg is incapable of displaying human emotion. Why would you choose him for this role instead of Nathan Fillion? Fillion is much better suited for the role, as well as being incredibly handsome a better actor.

Sep 14, 2009
jeesh people, so much anger and hatred, yes it would have been awesome for nathan fillion for it or nolan north, but chill out. I swear internet people are some of the pickiest angsty people on the planet.

i'll probably see this movie, depending on how the premise looks and the trailer, but could be pretty good.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Eh, Wahlberg is either a great actor or a horrible one, I don't think I've seen a single "Meh" performance out of him yet.

Not sure this is gonna work out however, as I can't visualize him as Drake.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
The Arbiter of Cool said:
Well...at least they didn't pick Nick Cage.
Hey!

Nick Cage is funny when he's being Nick Cage.

Look at Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (He plays a drug addicted corrupt cop, and he spends most of the movie high off his ass), or Kick-Ass.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Why did you get him when his last video game film appearance had him looking like he needed to take a dump the entire film?