Marvel Reveals Full Phase 3 Slate, Black Panther Actor, More

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Kenjitsuka said:
"Dr. Strange (Nov. 4th, 2016)".
No lead yet announced/chosen, and it will be in theaters in TWELVE months? :O
I think you need to recheck your math, that's in 24 months, not 12 months. That's more then enough time to make the movie.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Kenjitsuka said:

Anyway, YAY Black Panther, Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Ragnarok, Captain Marvel AND Inhumans!!!!!
I love those storylines and characters! FINALLY!!!
Except... wait like 2.5 years. But still!!! :D :D :D
That's 24 months. But yeah, it will be a quick turnaround. I feel like Marvel and Kevin Feige have got this down to a science.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I see Marvel has taken the Harry Potter/Twilight/Hobbit/Hunger Games road and split the final entry in its cash cow franchise into two parts. Because why milk an infinite amount of money when you can milk infinity plus one?

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
Might want to check your math there! It's 24 months. 2 years from now, not 1.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Avengers 3 is going to be two parts?! In 5 years time?! MORE WAITING!!

Also, where is the 2nd Guardians movie? Thats the one I'm the most excited for

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Mcoffey said:
Froom what I'very heard they're actually introducing the concept of Inhumans in Avengers 2 in the form of Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch. So likely the Inhumans film will be about the super team.
Kevin Feige came out and specifically said that they where not Inhuman, though. Given his position as the producer of all of these movies I think his word on this is law.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Zontar said:
Genocidicles said:
No mention of Ant Man? Or is that coming before Avengers 2?
It's coming out 10 weeks after Avengers 2, and was already officially announced with its official title and release date. Also wouldn't be as awesome to lead with that then it would be to do so with Captain America: CIVIL WAR!!!

OT: oh god you have no idea how happy this makes me feel, being the second biggest MCU fanboy there is (the first being Mundane Matt). The only thing I'm wondering is 1) will the two Avengers movies be about civil war, infinity gautlet, or both?, and 2)Will the original Captain Marvel be showing up to hand Danvers her power?
MorganL4 said:
Wait, so I have to wait 3 more YEARS for the 1 film I have been requesting since they announced the first Avengers film? UGGG. Oh well, at least now I no T'chala will have his day in the sun.
Fear not brother in arms, just because Ant Man wasn't on the list doesn't mean they've cancelled it. I find it hard to believe that they would be happy with only 1 movie for 2015, especially given that Marvel's mandate with Disney is pretty much "do what you want, so long as you stay in the black and give us 2 big budget movies each year". I think they didn't mention it only because it had already been announced officially and had its moment in the sun.

Actually, now that I think about it, what prompted this bombshell of an announcement anyway? And how will DC/Warner react this time? The war of comic movie universes escalates for the third time this month.

Edit:

StewShearer said:
Captain America: Civil War (May 6th, 2016);
On further reflection, it seems the image shows a clear "Captain America: Serpent Society" and not "Civil War"
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige revealed later in the show that it will actually be Civil War and that Serpent Society was just a piece of misdirection.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Hm, with that many movies planned its pretty much a certainty that one of them is going to be mediocre at best.

Kenjitsuka said:
Er... its currently 2014, last i checked.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
"Infinity War"!
Are they going actually going to do the Warlock vs. Magus story, or did Marvel just figure that "War" sounds more epic than "Gauntlet".

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
MatParker116 said:
So who wants to guess who Carol will lock horns with? As the "MCU's most powerful hero" it's gonna have to be a very big hitter. There's a storyline from the comics involving the Brood but it could easily come off as an Alien rip off on film. Personally I'd bet on either A.I.M and the Super Adaptoid or someone like Korvac.
Given the timeline, it is possible that they frame it as a side story to Infinity Wars. After all, she is mostly a galactic level heroine.
Maybe it feels like a waste of potential, but how awesome it would be if she joins the fight in the second part?
inu-kun said:
Weird no mention of finally having a black super hero film, or I guess it doesn't count if he isn't female.
Yes, because that never happens...

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
ryukage_sama said:
"Infinity War"!
Are they going actually going to do the Warlock vs. Magus story, or did Marvel just figure that "War" sounds more epic than "Gauntlet".
I imagine that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will provide the main set up for Avengers: Infinity War. Maybe Ragnarok also, since a Stone's in Asgard. But in case you didn't know, Warlock's cocoon was in the Collector's possession, and the post-credits stinger revealed that it was open and empty. So maybe that helps answer your question?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:
EVEN MORE UNNECESSARY QUOTING.

Anyway, I'm pretty damn excited, this all sounds freaking sweet. Still, I do wonder if people are going to get tired of it all by 2019.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Can anyone see the initials for Guardians of the Galaxy? S.S.H?

Also now I am really interested on how they will handle Black Panther. I mean while I always wanted to see a movie version thanks to that animated miniseries of him (I found new respect for him) but the setting could upset some Africans out there (I mean Wakanda is like an isolated utopia located in Africa).

Dyf91

Mar 2, 2012
Sooooo... anyone else really hoping they rename Captain Marvel back to Ms. Marvel for the film? Nope? Just me? OK :'( ....

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010

Cause you fucking earned it! This list is amazing! A steady stream of superhero movies for the next five years is awesome!

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
And still no Hulk movie in sight... *sigh*

really looking forward to see Captain Marvel and Black Panther finally make their big screen debut