McDonald's incident

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Torrasque said:
<quote=thedailywh.at>McIntosh, who spent several years in prison for killing a high school classmate...
"Several years"?
Is that all you get for taking a life nowadays? Several years?

What happened to the death penalty, or life imprisonment for countries who don't have the former?
What is happening to this world where you can take the life from a young high school classmate and then just go out into the real world and get a job and get on with your life while the person you killed lies in a grave while you go along with his/her stolen years and next to nothing to pay for what you've done.

Why are people like this let back into society?

*insert long line of unprintable words here*

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sonicron said:
Torrasque said:
Sonicron said:
Christ, what a horrendously stupid incident.
Lock 'em all up and throw away the key. At the very least it'll take those three idiots out of the breeding equation for a few years and possibly contribute to a slightly more intelligent society down the line.

Funny how stuff like that doesn't happen here. Makes you think there's something in the water over there. -.-
We get our bits of crazy shit happening here in Canada, but since: we have less people, the many different societal differences, and are not bombarded by fear anger and hate all the time, it is less frequent.
But that is a topic for another thread.

A stupid incident indeed it is.
Huh? Less frequent than where? ... Are you mistaking me for an American? -.-°
No, I think he's trying to portray us northern North Americans slightly more positively than our southern neighbors.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
CM156 said:
I'm with you on that one. It's a false dichotomy. Were they being stupid? Sure. Does that excuse what he did? Noooooooooo
I also don't get the "if you mess with the bull, you get the horns". Unless I missed something in the video, the guy didn't have a sign saying "I killed a classmate in high school". There was no reason to believe he wasn't among the great majority of people who haven't committed violent homicide.

A more appropriate analogy would probably be, "If you mess with a person, they might secretly be a bull, and then you might get the horns". It's a bit awkward and wordy, but at least it's appropriate.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Torrasque said:
Sober Thal said:
This thread again?

As I said in the first one, he should have stopped a few hits earlier, unless they were threatening to kill him while they laid on the ground. If so, keep swinging.
Goddamnit, I knew someone would beat me to it =|
Sorry everyone for the double thread, I even did a search for it ;_;
I just did a quick search too, and didn't find the one I already posted in. The search engine could be better. I hope I didn't sound too rude ; )
No, you didn't sound rude, I just hate double/triple/repeat threads as much as everyone else probably does.
Like "Why is MLP so popular?" threads that happen every goddamn week...

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
The customer is usually wrong. The 2 women got what was coming to them, he did also get was coming. A metal rod really? Why the hell was that there for a person to take at any given moment? Was the metal rod designed for hitting dumb people?

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Sonicron said:
Torrasque said:
Sonicron said:
Christ, what a horrendously stupid incident.
Lock 'em all up and throw away the key. At the very least it'll take those three idiots out of the breeding equation for a few years and possibly contribute to a slightly more intelligent society down the line.

Funny how stuff like that doesn't happen here. Makes you think there's something in the water over there. -.-
We get our bits of crazy shit happening here in Canada, but since: we have less people, the many different societal differences, and are not bombarded by fear anger and hate all the time, it is less frequent.
But that is a topic for another thread.

A stupid incident indeed it is.
Huh? Less frequent than where? ... Are you mistaking me for an American? -.-°
No, I meant that Canada doesn't have crazy events like this event, which happened in America.
I didn't think you were American, I am sorry for the misunderstanding =X

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
TimeLord said:
Torrasque said:
<quote=thedailywh.at>McIntosh, who spent several years in prison for killing a high school classmate...
"Several years"?

What happened to the death penalty, or life imprisonment for countries who don't have the former?
What is happening to this world where you can take the life from a young high school classmate and then just go out into the real world and get a job and get on with your life while the person you killed lies in a grave while you go along with his/her stolen years and next to nothing to pay for what you've done.

He was a minor at the time. It's considered horrific to punish people under 18 for some reason. Also, when you turn 18, your criminal record vanishes. 'Clean slate' or whatever. Personally, I think that's fucked up, but hey.

Anyway, I don't think the guy overrated that much. I mean, one of the customers hit him, and THEN both of them came behind the counter and surrounded him from both sides. Fuck, he was defending himself.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
TimeLord said:
Torrasque said:
"Several years"?

He was probably released because he was a minor? Good behaviour? Iono, I don't know the justice system, never mind the American justice system =/

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
wanna know what i said hahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah

i hope those 2 kids died[or crippled] and the guy got away scot free. people think they can talk down to people because there working fast food i thought it was funny.

when i worked in a Fast food restaurant we got a bunch of shit eaters saying the C*** word every 5 secs swearing and everything. so i hope those guys can role around in a wheelchair for the rest of there lives.

he should have shoved there heads into the deep fryer

posted on a early thread

Dont Poke the bear, if you rekon you can get away with insults and assault then your goin get hurt

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Dags90 said:
CM156 said:
I'm with you on that one. It's a false dichotomy. Were they being stupid? Sure. Does that excuse what he did? Noooooooooo
I also don't get the "if you mess with the bull, you get the horns". Unless I missed something in the video, the guy didn't have a sign saying "I killed a classmate in high school". There was no reason to believe he wasn't among the great majority of people who haven't committed violent homicide.

A more appropriate analogy would probably be, "If you mess with a person, they might secretly be a bull, and then you might get the horns". It's a bit awkward and wordy, but at least it's appropriate.
It's the attitude of internet tough guys. That's all there is to say, really. This wasn't a matter of life or death, so force in this amount was not justified

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Both are in the wrong. It was pretty sadistic of the person to keep hitting the person even though it was damn obvious that they were no longer a threat. However, it was very rude and foolish of the customer to step over and start damaging the property. Good on that blonde chick screaming stop.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
After working in retail for 6 or so years I have wanted to do that to quite a few people. You don't hit/abuse someone unless you are willing to recive it back, but a metal rod is over doing it.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for the wonderful clip you shared @Torrasque

Some point of view is missing here, I think.

First: The blonde women, screaming "Stop it, stop it, stop it" like a crazy hysterical lunatic on Acid, makes the whole thing even worse. She is aggravating the situation. If you are in a blood frenzy rage you are defintely not calming down if someone is shouting at you in that way.
If you ever get into such a situation remember: "CALM and SOOTHING voice!" Like Morgan Freeman or Kevin Spacey.

Second: The bystanders are responsible for aggravating this as well. How many people you need to overwhelm that metal rod-swinging "Hamburger-Turning-Assistant-Engineer" Three? Two? Would half the a McDonnalds crew be enough? Well it seems not, they stand there, mesmerized by the beserking rage of their colleague.

Third: The most morally corrupt are those who filmed the whole incident. Those should get their very own private encounter with that rod. But that is just my opinion.

[edit]
Man, do I love BurgerKing. Strangely everbody likes me there, I even get 10% discount even from the serial killer raping ponies and eating babies for breakfast.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Phlakes said:
Yep, they deserved it. If the cashier is arguing with you over something like that, you leave. Now, maybe beating them with a rod is overkill, but they still deserved it.
So, two women who was arguing with someone who didn't believe they had a legal tender bill (did I say that right?) decided to commit a robbery by illegally going into a cash register, whilst the registrar or whoever, cashier? Is that right? Decided to defend his boss's money by removing the two who were the cause of the event... yea. That actually makes the women sound like asses.

I agree, bitches deserved it!
No, that wasn't what happened at all.
The cashier believed they had a counterfeit bill, and was refusing them service, which was probably when the video started recording, and they were freaking out at him to probably take the bill cuz they didn't have anything else, or were trying to intimidate him into taking the counterfeit bill. The customers then slapped him, and having enough abuse, the cashier retreated to the back to grab the metal rod. The customers, continuing their attack, followed the man (maybe with the intent to beat him down or shout at him more? who knows) to the back and then he beat the ever-loving shit out of them.
TDW might have a follow-up story about this, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. I just wanna see how black and blue he made those bitches.

Also, you can say "they had a counterfeit bill", it is more simple than "legal tender bill" which just sounds awkward.
And yes, he would be a cashier.
English as a second language? Just curious.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
TimeLord said:
"Several years"?

"Nowadays" isn't particularly appropriate. In the U.S. at least, average time served for violent crime has actually gone up since the early 90's.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Woodsey said:
Girls acted like twats, but twats still don't deserve to have their skulls bashed in with a metal rod.

This stupid fucking "eye for an eye" attitude of retarded 14-year-olds on the internet is not even funny to read anymore.
What's wrong with "An eye for an eye"? It's the best way to get the "Treat others as you wish to be treated" rule across.

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
Yeah, that was pretty damn excessive. Needs to go to jail, I'm on board with smacking obnoxious people with blunt objects but only once or twice. I'm sure someone's in the hospital for awhile because of that, although culprit will be in prison for much longer.

I'd like to point out that, while a Mcdonald's and therefore nobody expecting much of it, that was probably one of the trashiest little group of people I've ever seen. Like I said, some people deserve to get beaten with blunt metal objects and the lady who kept saying "You're a pussy! Yeah you hear me!" needs a good backhand.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Radoh said:
They deserved to be beaten with a metal rod? That's too much for me to believe they deserved it. Honestly, that's a whole lot of violence to have "deserved it" in my book.
Then again, almost any amount of violence is too much for me so...
You are the true Fluttershy. Congrats *brohoof* (No sarcasm ether).

OT: ... That was pretty messed up. What upsets me is that this dude killed a student at high school and yet has a job at one of the most public fast food places around. (As in- where most people attend to). I've never had a felony nor criminal record, yet can't get a job to save my life.

Besides that, I felt horrible for the girl being hit like that from the guy. Not only was it brutal, but very shocking to see someone willing to inflict so much harm on dangerous levels. All I ask is- why was this person video recording the scene? Unless he/she decided to since there was an argument going on to begin with, but I still am curious. Hope the two ladies are alright even if they've done nothing to prevent the situation.
As to your first point about his having a job, I imagine it was one of those things where McDonalds tries to get PR by saying "We hire anyone! We trust people to not be horrible cereal murderers, and give them jobs so they can get back on their feet!", kind of like some businesses hiring X amount of non-white people, or Y amount of disabled people.

Second, you might want to watch Diary of the Dead, it is an interesting zombie movie with a theme about how being behind a camera changes a person. Really fascinating stuff.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I said this in the other thread on the issue...

.. the moment someone takes that effort to cross the counter rather than just spouting profanities, all bets are off.

You have to assume they are going to cause serious harm to you and, more importantly, your coworkers and ensure they are no longer a threat.

If they can get up, they are a threat.